News from the Nest….
- What a quick week! It was great having so many students in the building!
- Bundle up! This weekend we are expecting very cold temperatures. Remember to have your child(ren) wear heavy coats, gloves, hat, etc. on these cold days. We will be going outside as much as possible!
- We are looking forward to celebrating Halloween on Friday!
- Parents, you are doing GREAT at drop off and pick up by physically distancing on the sidewalks and waiting for your children to come to you.
- Remember, the playgrounds are closed before and after school due to COVID restrictions.
- Please check the Arrival & Dismissal maps for specific grade level locations: Arrival & Dismissal Location Maps
- As the weather and seasons change, we will be tweaking some of our morning temperature check procedures.
- When it is really cold outside, we will have one staff member at each drop off location – at the curb – to check the safe access health screener or collect the paper copy.
- Another staff member will be at the entrance into the school doors to take the child’s temperature.
- Families need to wait on the sidewalk until the student has been screened to go onto class.
- Virtual vs. In-Person Attendance:
- In-Person Attendance: If your student is supposed to be attending in-person learning, but is not able to physically be at school, please call the attendance line at 720-424-9398 to let us know 1. why your student is absent from coming to school and 2. if your student will be attending classes virtually for the day (it is okay for your student to be sick).
- The only way a student who chose in-person learning may attend virtual classes is because of health issues. Example: injury, quarantine, and sickness; not weather, vacation or for convenience.
- Virtual Attendance: If your student is supposed to be virtual learning and cannot attend, please call the attendance line at 720-424-9398 to let us know why your student is absent or why they will be late to online learning.
- Pumpkin Carving Contest: Get ready for some Halloween fun on Friday, October 30th! Bring your amazing pumpkin carving creations starting at 3:00pm (pick-up) Thursday, October 29th or at 8:30am (drop-off) on Friday, October 30th. Students will be socially distancing and voting on their favorite pumpkin! (see flyer attached) Pumpkin Carving
- Halloween Events in School: On Friday, October 30th, we are going to celebrate Halloween a little differently than in years past. This year, we ask that students wear their costumes to school (no Halloween costume masks, gore, or weapons – age appropriate costumes only). Students will perform the Thriller dance that they have been practicing these past weeks. Expect a voicemail from Mr. Hoffer with details on the dance and parade weather permitting. Any treats will need to be store bought individually pre-wrapped items. Example: Fun size candies (M&M’s), snack size chips, pretzels or goldfish, Little Debbie snacks, fruit chews and remember – NO NUTS of any kind.
- Lifetouch Picture Day is Tuesday, November 3rd! Get your smiles ready for picture day. Order online or with paper copy which will be coming home in Friday Folders this week. Go to Lifetouch.com and enter the school Picture Day ID: EVTPVN3F8.
- For all in person students, the Safe Access Screener Web Tool is now available to use at or prior to arrival. You can use the web tool instead of the Health Screening paper copy. Please know that the Safe Access web tool can be translated into multiple languages. The Student Safe Access Health Screener Instructions are available if you need assistance.
- Have you filled out your Lunch Application for this year? If not, please complete this weekend! Now that all kids are back, our free breakfast and lunch options have been a blessing! In order to continue this program, all families should complete the DPS lunch application. You will need your students DPS ID. It’s all online at https://www.myschoolapps.com/
- Bradley Dines Out at Chick-fil-A on Tuesday, October 27th. This is a drive through only event from 4:00-7:00pm. 20% of sales during this time will be donated to the Bradley PTO. Please let them know you are supporting Bradley when you order! (please see attached flyer) Chick-fil-A
- Bradley PTO’s virtual auction fundraiser is just two weeks away, are you ready to have fun?!?! Please join us for this FREE family event on Saturday November 7. A pre-auction DANCE PARTY will start at 5:45 p.m. Auction begins at 6 p.m.
- Just because we can’t be together, doesn’t mean we can’t share a meal! Local Littleton distillery Rocker Spirits and Denver Cholorado have teamed up to create a custom ‘to-go’ BBQ themed, family-style meal that can be picked up on Friday (Nov. 6) at dismissal and is designed to be reheated for dinner on Saturday. A ‘BLUE’ themed craft cocktail kit will also be available for purchase. See attached flyer.
- Our silent auction will open on Mon., Nov. 2 and close Sat., Nov. 7 at 10 p.m. We have 75+ wonderful items and experiences available for bidding. With the holidays approaching, this will be a great opportunity to get a gift for yourself or someone else. PLUS, you’ll also be giving a gift in support of Bradley through your donation.
- Monies raised will go towards our Bradley Wish List that includes auditorium sound upgrades, additional Elkay water-filling stations, and Library book replenishment as well as any needed Chromebook assistance.
- Denver Jewish Day School: Interested in learning more about middle school at Denver Jewish Day School? You can click here to RSVP for our virtual Middle School Sneak Preview taking place on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 7 pm. If you can’t make it or want a more personalized look at our school, you can find out more by clicking here or schedule an in-person tour now (after school hours)! If you have any questions, please contact our Director of Admission, Shayna Friedman at email@example.com.
- UHills Halloween Suggestions: Hello neighbors! Here’s our plan for a fun and safe Halloween, we hope you’ll join us! Choose a safe way to hand out candy. Here are some great ideas: Build a candy chute! (Ideas and instructions: Candy Slide, Candy Chute, Handrail Slide) Attach candy to sticks and put them up in your yard. Use trees or structures to put up a clothesline and hang candy with clothes pins! Print the attached sign and post it in your yard or a window. This will let your neighbors know that you’ll be handing out candy safely. Let UHNA know that you’ll be handing out candy by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll build a google map to share with the neighborhood. Please let us know no later than October 26! Happy Halloween neighbors!
- Trunk or Treat Street at Thomas Jefferson High School: Join the high schoolers as they put together their 8th Annual Trunk or Treat Street for Bradley and surrounding elementary schools. This year looks a little different, but will be just as much fun! See their flyer for more information: Trunk or Treat Street
Important Dates to Remember
October 27 – Bradley Dines Out – Chick-fil-A 4:00-7:00pm (Drive through only)
October 30 – School-wide Pumpkin Carving Contest, Thriller Dance & Classroom Activities
October 30 – Trunk or Treat Street at Thomas Jefferson High School 4:00-6:00pm
November 1 – Time Change – Fall Back 1 hour
November 2 – PTO Silent Auction Opens
November 3 – Lifetouch Picture Day (Picture Day ID: EVTPVN3F8)
November 4 – Parent Teacher Conferences (via Zoom)
November 5 – Parent Teacher Conferences (via Zoom)
November 5 – PTO Silent Auction Ends
November 7 – PTO Virtual Auction
November 10 – Bradley Dines Out – Bagel Deli
November 23-27 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
November 26 – UHills Turkey Trot 5K Community Event
December 15 – Lifetouch Make Up Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a wonderful weekend!