News from the Nest….
- It was wonderful to see the students back in action this week! There was definitely a renewed energy and excitement that could be felt at Bradley!
- Remember: No School on Monday, January 18th for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!
- Please make sure to dress your child/ren appropriately as we will be going outside as much as possible! (specials, mask breaks, and recess).
- Please remember that we are a 100% symptom free school. Do not send your child to school with a runny nose, fever, cough, or if he/she does not feel well. For all in person students, the Safe Access Screener Web Tool is available to use at or prior to arrival. You can use the web tool instead of the Health Screening paper copy. Please know that the Safe Access web tool can be translated into multiple languages. Refer to the Student Safe Access Health Screener Instructions are available if you need assistance.
- Sick Days: Parents and guardians, please know that we cannot have students who are sick or have appointments go “remote” for a day or two. If this is the case, please call your child in “sick” as we have done in the past. This will be an excused absence. Students will be able to make-up any work missed as they have in the past and should not “appear” virtually. Teachers need a minimum of 2 school days to prepare for individual students who are quarantining (to prepare materials, make copies and send home additional resources). ***If the entire class needs to quarantine, we will let parents of that particular class know.
- Breakfast and Lunches: All DPS students can receive a free breakfast and lunch. Breakfast and lunch will be served in the classroom. Please find the menus on our website at: 2021 Breakfast & Lunch Menus
- SchoolChoice Opened today: If you are applying to 3yr ECE, 4yr ECE, Kindergarten or 6th grade, you can submit your applications online at the SchoolChoice website starting today through February 16.
- Hamilton Middle School: CALLING ALL BRADLEY 4TH AND 5TH GRADE FAMILIES!!! Hamilton Middle School PTSA would like to invite you to participate in a special “Parent-to-Parent” Zoom event to learn about Hamilton Middle School. These “Parent-to-Parent” events will happen on:
Wednesday, January 20 at 5:30 and Wednesday, February 10 at 5:30
The focus of these events are a little different from Hamilton’s other Meet & Greet virtual events for prospective families in that our PTSA-sponsored event will not include school staff. This will be an open Q & A session by parents, for parents — so you are free to ask anything and hear perspectives from current Hamilton parents. We know these are especially challenging times to be making decisions about this next chapter of your child’s life and we hope to be of service. In a time when you don’t have many chances to casually chat with other parents on the soccer sidelines, we are offering to create a virtual meeting space to share our personal perspectives and answer your questions candidly. The agenda is whatever you want it to be: ask about teachers, bullying, sports, arts, administration, homework, or just surviving adolescence! Click Here to RSVP. Please note that Hamilton is also hosting Virtual Meet & Greet events on other dates where you will meet the Principal and other Hamilton staff for a more structured presentation & introduction to Hamilton Middle School:
Thursday, January 14 at 6:00 PM
Friday, January 22 at 10:00 AM
Thursday, February 11 at 5:30 PM
- Merrill Middle School: Our Principal, Dr. Sylvester, and our Assistant Principal Ms Underwood will be answering your questions about Merrill live every Wednesday from 9:30am-10:00am. Sign up for a date that works for you. Please be sure to have watched all information videos before attending the Q&A. Students and families are welcome!
January- Click here to sign up.
The Q&A sessions will be held via Zoom. You will receive a link to the meeting the day prior to the Q&A.
- DSST Byers: Explore Our School You can also chat with us at the virtual DSST School Expo next Wednesday, January 20, from 5:30-6:30 PM. Click to RSVP. If you are not able to join us next Wednesday, we will also be attending a Virtual Enrollment Fair hosted by Denver Families for Public Schools on Wednesday, January 27, from 5:30-7 PM. Click to RSVP. Thank you, DSST: Byers Middle School
- Quarterly Community Rewards Update: All your holiday shopping benefited Bradley! We received $158.99 from AmazonSmile and $2,579.46 from King Soopers. Thank you!
- INVITATION for our 4th and 5th grade families for a special “Parent-to-Parent” Zoom event to learn about Hamilton Middle School. This will be an open Q & A session hosted by Hamilton (PTSA) parents exclusively for Bradley parents — so you are free to ask anything! Sessions will be held on Wednesday, January 20 at 5:30 and Wednesday, February 10 at 5:30. Click Here to RSVP.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebrations: At DPS, in Denver and across the nation, we are honoring the legacy of civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., though celebrations may look different this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 36th annual Denver Marade — a march and parade — is being held virtually, and will continue long-standing traditions while adding panel discussions on civil rights supported by the Dr. Martin Luther King Junior Colorado Holiday Commission. Students from across Colorado, including from our own East High School and Denver Discovery School, participated in a pre-recorded discussion in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day for the Marade. The virtual Marade begins at 9:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 18 and can be watched on Youtube or on Facebook. Learn more about upcoming celebrations of Dr. King and his legacy on our website.
Important Dates to Remember
January 14 – Prospective Families Virtual Choice Presentation and SignUp
January 15 – February 16 – School Choice Window
January 18 – No School – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 19 – Prospective Families Virtual Choice Presentation and SignUp
January 26 – Lifetouch Re-Take Day
January 27 – Bradley Dines Out – Chick-fil-A 4:00-8:00pm
January 28 – Prospective Kindergarten Families ONLY – Virtual Kindergarten Round Up Presentation and SignUp
February 9-11 – Bradley Dines Out – Slices Pizza
February 11 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
February 15-16 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day and Teacher Planning Day
February 18 – End of 2nd Term
February 22 – Possible Lifetouch Class Pictures
March 11 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
March 26 – NO ECE SCHOOL
March 29–April 2 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a terrific weekend!