News from the Nest….
- Remember: NO SCHOOL for ALL students tomorrow, Friday, February 5th. It is an Teacher IB Planning Day.
- Parent Teacher Conferences are going well this week – if you still need to meet with your child’s teacher, please contact them directly to set up a time.
- We are looking forward to SPIRIT WEEK and Valentine’s Day celebrations next week! See below for details.
- Enjoy Bradley Dines out next week at Slices Pizza on Hampden! See below for details.
- Kids Heart Challenge is almost here! Thank you for your support and help in educating students on how and why they need to take care of their hearts. On 2/12/2021 Agent KHC will kick things off by taking students on a mission to find the missing heart heroes, fight heart disease and help others. When they are done, they will be official Heart Heroes! Your student can get a head start by watching the OFFICIAL TRAILER. Download the Kids Heart Challenge app or visit www.heart.org/khc to register under our school. We know not every family may be able to donate, however, as part of Kids Heart Challenge, every student will benefit from the daily and weekly missions that will teach them about HOW and WHY they need to take care of their hearts. If you can help raise funds, the American Heart Association will put those dollars to work saving lives. Every dollar makes a difference. Keep a look out for weekly email updates and be sure to check out the KHC Mission Experience and complete the daily missions!
- Spirit Week: It’s time for Spirit Week next week! See attached image.
- Monday – Pajama Day
- Tuesday – Crazy Hair/Hat/Hoodie Day
- Wednesday – 100th Day of School
- Thursday – Mismatched Day
- Friday – Valentine’s Day (wear reds, pinks, purples)
- Valentine’s Day: Please see an email from your teacher about COVID protocol for any parties and Valentine’s exchange activities in the classroom. Parents will not be able to enter the building or attend the events. Students will be sanitizing hands before and after their exchange. Any treats and food items will need to be individually wrapped by the manufacturer.
- Girls on the Run: Calling all 3rd – 5th grade girls – Girls on the Run is returning to Bradley. Now, more than ever, girls are going to need a place to connect. Girls on the Run has planned for whatever the school year may look like. Teams will meet in-person, virtually or a little bit of both. With smaller team sizes and a new virtual curriculum, Girls on the Run is ready to help girls thrive and shine. Girls on the Run will start the week of March 15th. Bradley girls will meet at Eisenhower Park Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:15-5:15pm. The team will have the option to meet virtually if needed due to severe weather or safety precautions. All 3rd, 4th and 5th grade girls welcome. Registration opens February 1st. For more information about the program go to www.girlsontherunrockies.org. Questions or want to coach? Contact Julie (Luna’s mom) at email@example.com or Coach Nika at NFolse@svb.com.To Register:
- Go to www.girlsontherunrockies.org
- Click the “Register Now” button
- Select “Register at a Specific School”
- Find and select your school in the drop down menu
- After completing the form, hit “submit”. **You will receive a confirmation email from Raceplanner. Please make sure to check your spam folder in case the email went there. If you do not receive this email, chances are you did not fully complete the registration form.
- Get your books ready, the Read-a-Thon is coming soon! From March 15th-26th students will be logging their reading minutes online and gathering donations to support Bradley. The Read-a-Thon is a fundraiser that not only promotes reading, but entirely benefits the school – all proceeds come back to the PTO and each individual classroom benefits. Watch for more details about the fundraiser each week in the Deet!
- PTO General Meeting, Thursday, February 11 at 7 p.m. Zoom Meeting ID 873 6807 1158 Password is bradley. Join us to hear about the exciting projects PTO is working on! Zoom Link: PLEASE SEE SCHOOL DEET OR MESSENGER FOR LINK
- PTO DINES OUT at Slices Pizza, Tues., Feb. 9 through Thurs. Feb. 11; 11 am-8pm 7155 E. Hampden Ave. Slices is a local, family owned and operated, drive thru only pizza restaurant. Pick the evening that works best for you and tell the cashier you are with Bradley. **Please call ahead for whole pizza orders** 303.758.0940 – slicesofpizza.com ~ see attached image.
- 5TH GRADE FAMILIES don’t forget to sign up for a special “Parent-to-Parent” Zoom event to learn about Hamilton Middle School on Wednesday, February 10 at 5:30. This will be an open Q & A session hosted by Hamilton (PTSA) parents exclusively for Bradley parents — so you are free to ask anything! Click Here to RSVP.
- Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers On Sunday, February 7th on CBS at 4:30pm MST.
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science: One World, One Sky: Big Bird’s Adventure: One World, One Sky is a brilliant spectacle of light and color that follows Sesame Street’s Big Bird and Elmo as they explore the night sky with Hu Hu Zhu, a new friend from China. Together, they take an imaginary trip from Sesame Street to the moon, where they discover how different it is from Earth. This cross-cultural adventure opens children’s eyes to the sky, helping them see how people all over the world are connected. More Info at DMNS.
Important Dates to Remember
February 8-12 – SPIRIT WEEK!
February 9-11 – Bradley Dines Out – Slices Pizza 11am-8pm each day
February 11 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
February 12 – March 19 – Kids Heart Challenge
February 15-16 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day and Teacher IB Planning Day
February 16 – End of Round 1 School Choice
February 19 – End of 2nd Trimester – Report Cards available in Parent Portal
March 3 – Dr. Seuss Birthday
March 5 – Bradley First Friday – NO SCHOOL All Day – Teacher IB Planning Day
March 11 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
March 15-April 2 – PTO Read-a-Thon!
March 19 – Kids Heart Challenge Ends
March 26 – ECE ONLY – NO SCHOOL
March 29-April 5 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 13 – Lifetouch Class Pictures & Spring Photo
April 15 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a terrific weekend!
Vaccine Denver Health Education and Outreach Flyer
SPANISH Vaccine Denver Health Education and Outreach Flyer