News from the Nest….
- Yesterday we had our monthly fire drill and the students did amazing! What a beautiful day to practice!
- To celebrate The National Western Stock Show, next week will be Western Week Spirit Week! We hope to see lots of jeans, hats and boots! 🙂
- Remember: No School on Monday, January 17th – It’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!
- Lost & Found Tables: Please swing by the main entrance after school on Thursday, January 20th and Friday, January 21st to find those missing items. We will have tables out starting at 2:30pm-4:00pm. Any items left on Friday will be donated.
- SPIRIT WEEK: Western Week – wear you best western attire ALL week long! Dress like a cowboy/cowgirl, trucker, rancher, prairie dress, bolo ties, etc.
- As the Omicron cases are still skyrocketing, please make sure to send your child(ren) with a mask or two!
- PLEASE KEEP STUDENTS WITH ANY ILLNESS SYMPTOMS HOME! We are sending record numbers of students home as they are not feeling well : (
Thank you to everyone who supported Bradley by dining out at Bad Daddy’s
in Greenwood Village this week! Our next Dines Out
opportunities are two Taco Tuesday events at Torchy’s Tacos on Hampden
and I-25. Torchy’s is donating 20% ALL DAY
(open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.) when you mention Bradley Elementary on February 8 and February 22
Thank you to those of you who were able to attend this week’s PTO meeting.
To stay up-to-date, check out the Meeting Minutes
on the Bradley PTO website
. The next PTO meeting will be on Thursday, February 3 at 7 p.m.
is coming soon in April! The Bradley PTO is looking for volunteers
to help on a planning committee! Committee members will attend 2-5 virtual planning meetings to provide ideas and input, with potential for additional volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in joining, email BradleyIBpto@gmail.com
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Events in Denver: Marchers and parade fans typically congregate at the Dr. King memorial site in City Park at 9 a.m. The Marade begins at 10 a.m. with participants marching together to Civic Center Park . This year’s event may be virtual. https://www.denver.org/things-to-do/fall-winter/festivals-events/martin-luther-king-day/
- DPS Discovery Link Summer Camp: Find information about DPS Discovery Link Summer Camp Options: https://equity.dpsk12.org/extended-learning/discovery-link/summer-camp/
- A Decade of Discovery: Clyfford Still in Denver: Since opening its doors, the Clyfford Still Museum has made countless discoveries as the staff has worked to inventory and assess CSM’s vast art and archival holdings, better understand what our visitors’ interests are and how various audiences best experience Clyfford Still’s art, and evaluate the artist’s legacy in an ever-changing, 21st-century world. The show revisits the Museum’s inaugural exhibition and highlights some of the most compelling revelations CSM has uncovered about the collection since it opened in 2011. A Decade of Discovery includes photographs of lost paintings from the 1930s, undocumented and mysterious artworks found during the collection inventory process, and conservation-related breakthroughs about Still’s materials. These never-before-shown elements recontextualize familiar paintings and stories, casting Still’s art, process, and legacy in a new light. The exhibition features expanded information about Still’s earliest years, supportive family, and even a few architectural quirks unearthed about the building. Exhibition text highlights various staff, scholarly, and community voices to broaden engagement and present a wide range of perspectives. https://clyffordstillmuseum.org/exhibitions/a-decade-of-discovery-clyfford-still-in-denver/
Important Dates to Remember
January 17 – NO SCHOOL – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 20 – DPS School Choice Expo – Virtual Event – SE Denver School, 6:00pm
January 20-21 – Lost & Found Table – 2:30-4:00pm – Main Entrance
January 24-25 – 5th Grade Balarat Trip
January 25 – Bradley School Tour for 2022-23 New Families – Virtual – 6:00pm
January 27 – Bradley Kindergarten Round-Up for 202-23 New Kindergarten Families – Virtual – 6:00pm
February 4 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
February 8 – Bradley Dines Out – Torchy’s at Hampden & I-25, 10:00am-10:00pm
February 21 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day
February 22 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Professional Day
March 4 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Professional Day
March 14 – Bradley Dines Out – Ester’s 4:00-10:00pm
March 22 – CMAS Testing Begins
March 28-April 1 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!