News from the Nest….
- We had a rootin’ tootin’ funtastic Western Week here at Bradley!
- Another cold day to end the week – we hope you all have a warm weekend! Please make sure to dress your child/ren for the snowy days (including boots)!
- Thank you to the PTO for spoiling the staff with an Immuni-TEA Station today! It really hit the spot!
- Lost & Found: Due to inclement weather today, the lost and found table will be at the front doors on Monday before and after school. Stop by to find your missing items!
- Coats & Hats: With the weather getting colder, please remember to write your child’s name in their coats, hats, gloves, etc. We have a whole lost and found with coats without names – some look brand new! If there is a name in the inside of the coat, we can return the coat to your child! Thank you!
- Parent At Home Oral Health Survey 21-22: DPS cares about the health of your child. To support our efforts to identify health issues that may impact your child’s success and ability to learn, we are resuming our health screening program with in-person vision and hearing screenings at school. Due to the impacts of the pandemic, we will be unable to provide in-person oral health screenings this year. Since good oral health is so important for concentration, we are asking that you please complete the Oral Health Screening At Home survey on the Parent Portal. A few minutes and a flashlight or good light source is all you need to complete the screening! Along with the vision and hearing data, the information collected through the online oral health survey will help us connect you and your students to any health resources you may need. Please complete the survey electronically within three weeks from today. Although the data is most accessible electronically, if there is a need to complete a paper copy, please contact the school’s health or front office, then return the document within 3 weeks of this message. Click for further instructions on a Smartphone/tablet/laptop/desktop. At this time surveys in Burmese and Arabic languages are only available in a printed format obtainable from your school Nurse.
- 5th Grade and ECE Families: 2022-23 Round 1 School Choice window is open! All ECE families need to submit an application. 5th Grade families should submit an application if they want to try to choice into a middle school that is NOT their neighborhood school. Submit your applications through your Parent Portal or through the SchoolChoice website. Need help with your application, please contact the Choice Enrollment office at 720-423-3493.
- Symptom Free School: Amid the significant rise in COVID-19 cases, we are doing everything we can to maintain in-person learning for our students. Please remember, do not send students to school with any symptoms of sickness – fever, stomachache, cough, etc. We will send students home with any symptoms without a doctor’s note. We ask that you please keep students home when they are feeling sick. Please find more information on those symptoms on our website: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/how-sick-is-too-sick/ Free COVID-19 Testing & Vaccines: To help protect our community and keep each other healthy, all DPS staff, families and eligible students are encouraged to take a few important steps. To start, if you haven’t already, please get your vaccine (available to those ages 5 and older) or booster. Additionally, community members should get regular COVID tests to help stop the spread. Tests are available through COVIDCheck Colorado sites across the city. Lastly, please continue to follow the DPS 5, which outlines our safety guidelines while at our schools and buildings. Masks: Please also remember, masks are required on school property at all times including drop-off and pick-up. Please make sure that your student has multiple masks with them when they leave home.
- Today PTO provided an Immuni-TEA Station for Bradley teachers and staff. Lots of healthy options to eat and drink, and new Bradley masks were provided to everyone! Doing what we can to help keep this team strong.
Important Dates to Remember
January 24-25 – 5th Grade Balarat Trip
January 25 – Bradley School Tour for 2022-23New Families – Virtual – 6:00pm
January 27 – Bradley Kindergarten Round-Up for 2022-23 New Kindergarten Families – Virtual – 6:00pm
February 4 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
February 8 – Bradley Dines Out – Torchy’s at Hampden & I-25, 10:00am-10:00pm
February 21 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day
February 22 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Professional Day
March 4 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Professional Day
March 14 – Bradley Dines Out – Ester’s 4:00-10:00pm
March 22 – CMAS Testing Begins
March 28-April 1 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!