News from the Nest….
- It was a short and eventful week! We are always amazed by the resiliency, cooperation and respect demonstrated by our Bradley Eagles! Students are really striving to work cooperatively while maintaining physical distance and making sure everyone is included whether in-person or remotely.
- 5th graders did an amazing job on their STEAM projects today! We have such incredibly curious students! We look forward to seeing more projects on Monday.
- Reminder: Check out the updated Bradley School Calendar for this semester: BradleyCalendars
- Lifetouch Picture Re-Take: Lifetouch will be taking re-takes on Tuesday, January 26th. You can order pictures online at https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/pictureDayId/EVT46W34S . The code for picture day is EVT46W34S. If you had pictures taken in October and would like to re-take them, please bring your photos back on Tuesday to have a new picture taken. Remote students can come to school between 2:15pm-2:45pm to have pictures taken. If your remote student has not had a picture taken with Lifetouch this year, please consider dropping by to update your student’s picture for the yearbook.
- Attendance Line: If your student will be late or absent, please call the attendance line at 720-424-9398.
- Parent Teacher Conferences: We will have parent teacher conferences during the evening hours on Wednesday and Thursday February 3rd & 4th. Look for a separate email from your teacher to sign up for a time to meet. All conferences will be via Zoom.
- Safe Access Screener: Please check our Bradley website to find the Safe Access Screener for a smooth check in process.
- Denver COVID Testing Resources: DPS is expanding their partnership with COVIDCheck Colorado to offer free COVID-19 testing to students to support a safe return to school. Students will now be able to take an initial COVID-19 test before coming back to school as well as ongoing screening tests every other week. Please use this link to register for a test. The tests are free, fast and reliable. Testing sites include Montbello campus, Abraham Lincoln, North, All City Stadium and a new site at George Washington. Tests will be completed via nasal PCR test or SalivaDirect™, and results will be returned within 36-72 hours. DPS students and team members should use this link to register for a test. Family members and community members should use the community link to register.
- Bradley Dines Out: Bradley dines out at Chick-fil-A on Wed., Jan. 27 from 4-7 p.m. Stop by our neighborhood U Hills location at 2710 S. Colorado Blvd. Remember to tell them you are with Bradley and PTO will receive 20% of all orders!
- Discovery Link: Before and After School kid care is available through DPS Discovery Link at Bradley. Please see attached flyer for more details. Call 720-202-3376 with registration questions. Discovery Link Flyer 2021
- 2021 National Western Stock Show: The National Western Stock Show may be cancelled this year but there are still activities going on virtually! This Saturday join them for a Kid’s Scavenger Hunt! Check out their calendar at: NWSSCalendar
- Denver Botanic Garden: Join us to create miniature lands for mystical garden friends. Discover which plants fairies fancy as you design, plant and landscape a tiny fairy oasis. Family Make and Take programs offer a space for children and their grownups to connect with natural materials and create together. These self-guided and self-paced programs are designed to provide a creative environment that sparks imagination. The Gardens provides the space and supplies. You and your family provide the ideas and creativity! More Information: BotanicGarden
- Children’s Music Academy: If you are new to Children’s Music Academy you may be wondering what we’re all about. We invite you to join us for a FREE Introductory Class (FIC) so that you can experience CMA’s fun and creative environment. Your free 30-minute music class will include keyboard, rhythm instruments, games & activities! Did you know…we’re offering in-person classes with a remote option! Sign up for Saturday January 23rd: MusicforKids
Important Dates to Remember
January 26 – Lifetouch Re-Take Day
January 27 – Bradley Dines Out – Chick-fil-A 4:00-8:00pm
January 28 – Prospective Kindergarten Families ONLY – Virtual Kindergarten Round Up Presentation and SignUp
February 3-5 – Parent teacher conferences via Zoom; by appointment
February 5 – Bradley First Friday – NO SCHOOL All Day – Teacher IB Planning Day
February 9-11 – Bradley Dines Out – Slices Pizza
February 11 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
February 15-16 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day and Teacher Planning Day
February 18 – End of 2nd Trimester
February 22 – Possible Lifetouch Class Pictures
March 5 – Bradley First Friday – NO SCHOOL All Day – Teacher IB Planning Day
March 11 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
March 26 – ECE ONLY – NO SCHOOL
March 29-April 5 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a terrific weekend!