News from the Nest….
- Even with an indoor day and frigid temperatures, we had a great week! Thank you for sending your students with boots, coats, gloves so they can go outside for recess!
- Remember: No School on Friday, February 5th. It is a Teacher IB Planning Day!
- Street Parking: Please remember that you cannot park in front of our neighbors’ driveways during pick up and drop off. We love our neighbors and want to make sure we are respecting their lawns and access to their homes.
- Parent Teacher Conferences: We will have parent teacher conferences during the evening hours on Wednesday, February 3rd, Thursday, February 4th and during the day on Friday, February 5th. Look for a separate email from your teacher to sign up for a time to meet. All conferences will be via Zoom.
- Kids Heart Challenge: Kids Heart Challenge is coming soon to Bradley International School! We are excited to get started saving lives and hope you will join us. Be on the lookout for more information or get a jump start by joining our team online at www.heart.org/KHC.
- Safe Access Screener: Please check our Bradley website to find the Safe Access Screener for a smooth check in process.
- Denver COVID Testing Resources: DPS is expanding their partnership with COVIDCheck Colorado to offer free COVID-19 testing to students to support a safe return to school. Students will now be able to take an initial COVID-19 test before coming back to school as well as ongoing screening tests every other week. Please use this link to register for a test. The tests are free, fast and reliable. Testing sites include Montbello campus, Abraham Lincoln, North, All City Stadium and a new site at George Washington. Tests will be completed via nasal PCR test or SalivaDirect™, and results will be returned within 36-72 hours. DPS students and team members should use this link to register for a test. Family members and community members should use the community link to register.
- Thank you to everyone for participating in this week’s dines out event at Chick-Fil-A! We are excited to have a new dines out partner for February – Slices (drive-thru pizza) on Hampden Ave. More information coming in next week’s Deet
- There are 3 general PTO meetings left for the 2020-2021 school year: Feb. 11, March 11, and April 15, all at 7 p.m. via Zoom. Board elections will be held in April for President, VP and Treasurer roles. Please join us – all parents are welcome!
- Whimsy Studios: January 30th 10:30am Kids Club – Baby Tali, EXCLUSIVELY FOR AGES 7-15 Is a wonderful opportunity for children to explore their creative freedom. Parents are asked to drop off their petite Picassos and let them independently explore their artistic expression. OR January 31st at 2:30pm for a family class Colorado Wonderland: This Family-Friendly Class: Spend some quality time with family and friends as you create beautiful works of art! Ages 7+ welcome along with a paying adult artist. www.makeitwhimsy.com
- Checkpoint Challenges Denver City Park: Checkpoint Challenges is a physical and mental outdoor sport than can be enjoyed by active people of all skill and fitness levels. Join the fun on Saturday, January 30 anytime between 9:00am and 5:00pm. To Register: CheckpointChallenges
Important Dates to Remember
February 3-5 – Parent teacher conferences via Zoom; by appointment
February 5 – Bradley First Friday – NO SCHOOL All Day – Teacher IB Planning Day
February 9-11 – Bradley Dines Out – Slices Pizza
February 11 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
February 14 – March 19 – Kids Heart Challenge
February 15-16 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day and Teacher Planning Day
February 18 – End of 2nd Trimester
March 5 – Bradley First Friday – NO SCHOOL All Day – Teacher IB Planning Day
March 11 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
March 26 – ECE ONLY – NO SCHOOL
March 29-April 5 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a terrific weekend!