News from the Nest….
- Happy New Year!
- This was a short week to ease back into the daily routine of school! We hope you all got to play in the snow on Thursday!
- Ask your 3rd-5th graders about their “Fun Math Friday!”
- Extra Recess for Homework Packet: We will try to have the extra recess for students who returned their Winter Break homework packet on Monday or Tuesday.
- Health: Amid the significant rise in COVID-19 cases, we are doing everything we can to maintain in-person learning for our students. Please remember, do not send students to school with any symptoms of sickness – fever, stomachache, cough, etc. We will send students home with any symptoms without a doctor’s note. We ask that you please keep students home when they are feeling sick. Please find more information on those symptoms on our website: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/how-sick-is-too-sick/
- Free COVID-19 Testing & Vaccines: To help protect our community and keep each other healthy, all DPS staff, families and eligible students are encouraged to take a few important steps. To start, if you haven’t already, please get your vaccine (available to those ages 5 and older) or booster. Additionally, community members should get regular COVID tests to help stop the spread. Tests are available through COVIDCheck Colorado sites across the city. Lastly, please continue to follow the DPS 5, which outlines our safety guidelines while at our schools and buildings.
- Masks: Please also remember, masks are required on school property at all times including drop-off and pick-up. Please make sure that your student has multiple masks with them when they leave home.
Welcome Back! On Tuesday, PTO provided a welcome back breakfast for our Bradley teachers and staff. Thank you to this incredible school and team for all that they do for our kids and families!
Dines Out: Our first Bradley Dines Out for the year is next week, so mark your calendars: Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar in Greenwood Village on Thursday, January 13 (5380 Greenwood Plaza Blvd Ste 106, Greenwood Village, CO 80111). They will be donating 20% of the day’s sales for any customer (Bradley or not) to the school so no code is needed! Their hours are 11AM-9PM. This is their first time sponsoring our event so let’s show them our gratitude for their support. This applies to dine in and take out orders only (no deliveries).
PTO Meeting: Please join us for our first PTO meeting of 2022 on Wednesday, January 12 at 7PM over Zoom. This is a great way to learn more about what the school is doing and to meet other families. Here is the meeting info:
- National Western Stock Show Opens January 8th: Bulls and broncs, cowboys and cowgirls – rodeo’s biggest superstars perform amazing feats of athleticism during each performance of this professional rodeo. Showcasing the elegance and athleticism of the world’s top reining horses, the hard-hitting competition of Denver Professional Bull Riders Chute-Out and the Mexican Rodeo Extravaganza, this event has something for everyone. https://nationalwestern.com/
- Majestic View Nature Center, Arvada, CO: Sunset Nature Walk: Saturday, January 8th 3:30pm: Join a naturalist for a leisurely walk during the magical golden hour to explore nature and learn about (and hopefully see!) Colorado’s flora and fauna. 7030 Garrison Street, Arvada, Phone: (720) 898-7405 Locations vary, register to be emailed location. All ages, free.
Important Dates to Remember
January 12 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – DATE CHANGE – 7:00pm Virtual
January 13 – Bradley Dines Out – Bad Daddy’s Burgers, Greenwood Village, 11:00am-9:00pm
January 17 – NO SCHOOL – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 20 – DPS School Choice Expo – Virtual Event – SE Denver School, 6:00pm
January 24-25 – 5th Grade Balarat Trip
January 25 – Bradley School Tour for 2022-23 New Families – Virtual – 6:00pm
January 27 – Bradley Kindergarten Round-Up for 202-23 New Kindergarten Families – Virtual – 6:00pm
February 4 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
February 8 – Bradley Dines Out – Torchy’s at Hampden & I-25, 10:00am-10:00pm
February 21 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day
February 22 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Professional Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!