News from the Nest….
- We are excited to have all grade levels back in-person starting Monday, January 11th! Please be patient with us as we work through the logistics of returning to school, again. Please look at the link for Arrival & Dismissal Location Maps and parking maps for specific grade levels. Additionally, please have your Safe Access Screener completed and ready for check in.
- Please remember that we are a 100% symptom free school. Do not send your child to school with a runny nose, fever, cough, or if he/she does not feel well. For all in person students, the Safe Access Screener Web Tool is available to use at or prior to arrival. You can use the web tool instead of the Health Screening paper copy. Please know that the Safe Access web tool can be translated into multiple languages. Refer to the Student Safe Access Health Screener Instructions are available if you need assistance.
- Sick Days: Parents and guardians, please know that we cannot have students who are sick or have appointments go “remote” for a day or two. If this is the case, please call your child in “sick” as we have done in the past. This will be an excused absence. Students will be able to make-up any work missed as they have in the past and should not “appear” virtually. Teachers need a minimum of 2 school days to prepare for individual students who are quarantining (to prepare materials, make copies and send home additional resources). ***If the entire class needs to quarantine, we will let parents of that particular class know.
- Breakfast and Lunches: All DPS students can receive a free breakfast and lunch. Breakfast and lunch will be served in the classroom. Please find the menus on our website at: 2021 Breakfast & Lunch Menus
- Free Student COVID Testing: We are expanding our partnership with COVIDCheck Colorado to offer free COVID-19 testing to students to support a safe return to school. Students will now be able to take an initial COVID-19 test before coming back to school as well as ongoing screening tests every other week. Please use this link to register for a test. The tests are free, fast and reliable. Testing sites include Montbello campus, Abraham Lincoln, North, All City Stadium and a new site at George Washington. Tests will be completed via nasal PCR test or SalivaDirect™, and results will be returned within 36-72 hours. DPS students and team members should use this link to register for a test. Family members and community members should use the community link to register.
- DPS Enrollment Services Facebook Live Event Info with Families: For Bradley ECE and 5th Grade parents: with the SchoolChoice window opening Jan. 15, the DPS Enrollment Services team has scheduled a series of Facebook Live events to support families who may have questions or need more information about the process. The hour long events will feature an overview about Choice and a Q&A session. The events will be broken down by grade level and will feature back-to-back sessions in English and Spanish. The schedule is as follows:
- ECE: January 20: 11 am-1 pm OR February 2: 5-7 pm
- K-5: January 21: 11 am-1 pm OR February 3: 5-7 pm
- 6-12: January 22: 11 am-1 pm OR February 4: 5-7 pm
The events will be available on the Denver Public Schools Facebook page. Contact Laurie Premer or Tanya Pramatarova for more information.
Important Dates to Remember
January 11 – All ECE-5th Grade and Center Based students return in-person
January 14 – Prospective Families Virtual Choice Presentation and SignUp
January 15 – February 16 – School Choice Window
January 18 – No School – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 19 – Prospective Families Virtual Choice Presentation and SignUp
January 26 – Lifetouch Re-Take Day
January 28 – Prospective Kindergarten Families ONLY – Virtual Kindergarten Round Up Presentation and SignUp
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a terrific weekend!