News from the Nest….
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade Return to School was fairly successful this week! We are still working on arrival procedures and think it will easier with time! See the Safe Access Web Tool under School News for a quicker daily health screening option.
- We’d like to welcome Christi Rogers to the Bradley family! She is a Certified Nursing Assistant that will be helping with any health issues that arise at Bradley with regard to COVID.
- For in person students, the Safe Access Web Tool is now available to use at or prior to arrival. You can use the web tool instead of the Health Screening paper copy. You will need your student’s DPS ID number to access the tool.
- DPS Free & Reduced Lunch Application: Please fill out the DPS Lunch Application. This will allow DPS to continue to offer free lunches to our students! Although meals are free, we encourage families to still fill out a Free and Reduced Meal Application for the 2020-21 school year if they haven’t done so already. This ensures these benefits continue in January 2021 and enables DPS to receive all possible school funding. The meal application can be found at MySchoolApps
- Pets/Dogs: Parents, please help us by keeping your dogs off the school grounds before and after school. Students may have allergies and it is against DPS policy for pets to be on school grounds.
- PTO General Meeting, Thursday, October 8 at 7 p.m. Zoom Meeting ID is 876 3875 4557 Password is bradley. Join us as we discuss the 20-21 budget and upcoming Nov. 7 virtual auction event. Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87638754557?pwd=WlVpdkhIM1crRXE0ZnAzVTh4ZG5iQT09\
- Bradley PTO Dollars at work. PTO surprised teachers and staff with a custom-made Eagle superhero themed mask as they prepare to return to the classroom. Teachers are essential workers; lucky for us, Bradley teachers wear capes!
- PTO closed out 9 Donors Choose teacher projects in September using our Donor Choose Grant Program. This program allows PTO to provide funding (up to $300) to close out one project, per teacher, each school year and speeds up the donation timeline so that learning materials can get into the classroom for students’ use. Since the start of school PTO has closed out 13 projects for a total of $2,807.41.
- PTO’s Virtual Auction on Saturday, November 7, will be a family friendly fundraiser. PTO is putting together a fun video to play during the event and needs submissions from our families!! Can you email (bradleyibpto@gmail) a short video of your child sharing what they love most about Bradley? Thank you!!!
- Denver DJ Delivery: The Riverfront Park Association is reimagining their summer concert series to meet the safety precautions of COVID-19, while continuing to spread joy and connection in the community. After months of planning, and pending final approval from the City of Denver, Denver DJ Delivery will visit underserved neighborhoods with a short concert put on by Denver artists. Scheduled dates for the activation are October 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 2020. Any questions, contact: email@example.com
- Boo at the Zoo: Storybook Safari Event: Join The Denver Zoo DAILY October 1–31 for Boo at the Zoo: Storybook Safari—a modified, masked version of Denver’s family favorite! Throughout our 84-acre campus, classic animal stories and fairy tales come to life with costumed characters, mythical creatures, unforgettable animal experiences and food fit for a king or queen! And don’t forget: Nature Connects®, Art with LEGO® Bricks will still be up for your enjoyment, too! So, get the whole family suited up in costume, and come celebrate Halloween in a way that’s safe, socially distanced and candy-free…but still VERY sweet. BooAtTheZoo
Important Dates to Remember
October 14 – 2nd – 5th Grades & AN Virtual Return to School Night Meeting 6:00pm
October 15 – Bradley Dines Out – Chili’s
October 16 – No School – Fall Break
October 19 – No School – DPS Professional Learning Day
October 20 – No School – Teacher Planning Day
October 21 – 2nd -5th Grades & AN Return to School (in-person)
November 3 – Lifetouch Picture Day
November 4 – Parent Teacher Conferences (via Zoom)
November 5 – Parent Teacher Conferences (via Zoom)
November 6 – End of First Term
November 7 – PTO Virtual Auction
November 10 – Bradley Dines Out – Bagel Deli
November 23-27 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
November 26 – UHills Turkey Trot Community Event
December 15 – Lifetouch Make Up Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a wonderful weekend!