News from the Nest….
- FUN RUN Prizes and Winners received prizes today! THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!!
- 3rd Grade had an AMAZING Market Day end-of-unit celebration! It was so great to see our young entrepreneurs!
- ECE students had a BLAST on their first field trip to the Pumpkin Patch!
- Registration for Session 2 After School Enrichment programs is OPEN! Find a flyer in your student’s Friday folders this week. Session 2 will run from the week of November 1st through the week of December 13th. We have a neat variety of after school camps for Session 2! Please note that Theater will be on Wednesdays and Coding will be on Thursdays.
- Student & Staff Pumpkin Carving Contest: Join in the fun Pumpkin Carving Contest! Bring in your great creations at drop off on Friday morning, October 29th. Students and staff will vote on their favorite during lunch on Friday, October 29th. 2021 Pumpkin Carving Flyer
- Halloween Celebrations in the Classroom: Please check with your classroom teacher to find out more specific information. Students will bring costumes to change into before their party. We will not be able to have parents in the classroom for celebrations. Also, remember that costumes should be age appropriate – no weapons, mask, gore, etc.
- Thriller Dance and Costume Parade: Mr. Hoffer has been working hard all month with students to learn the Thriller Dance! Families may join their child/ren for the Thriller Dance and Costume Parade by grade level outside on the blacktop. Anyone on school property MUST wear a mask and stay 15 feet from the students. Parking off of Plum Place (south end of the school) will be the closest to the arch entrance on the playground.
- 4th & 5th grade will perform from 1:30-2:00
- Kinder & 1st grade will perform 2:00-2:30 (ECE 4’s will join at 2:15pm)
- 2nd and 3rd grade will perform at 2:30-3:00
- Fall Festival: If you would prefer for your child to not participate in the Halloween festivities, there will be many fun, fall activities set up in the library during the afternoon. Please let your child’s teacher know ahead of time.
- The Scholastic Book Fair COMING!! We will welcome back the Scholastic Book Fair to the Bradley Library November 9th, 10th, and 11th. The Book Fair will be set up in our school library and due to Covid restrictions, ONLY students may shop in person. Parents may send money with students to shop OR parents can set up a Scholastic e-Wallet! The e-Wallet for Scholastic is very common due to Covid restrictions. Simply set up the account online, add money to your student’s account and we can bring up their spending limit right from the Scholastic cash register! Please see below for more information. Remember: all profits from the Book Fair go right back into our wonderful Bradley Library! Included in this Deet is the information on the e-Wallet. Got questions? Feel free to email Ms. Distel, your friendly librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org. See a short video about the book fair: https://players.brightcove.net/1543299976/Eyj59PHsg_default/index.html?videoId=5831064261001
- FUN RUN RESULTS: Thank you Bradley families for your generous support of the Bradley PTO at the Fun Run! A special thank you goes out to Mr. Hoffer for making the day fun for everyone! This year’s Fun Run was by far our best fundraising event EVER – we raised over $41,000! Our goal of raising $25,000 was far exceeded thanks to you. Nearly $9,000 of this will go directly back to the classrooms to support teachers and students. The rest of the funds will be used to support Bradley, including paying for another water bottle filling station. Ask your student about the prize drawing – the random drawing happened and prizes were announced today.
- Thank you Birdcall! A big thank you to all the families that participated in the Dines Out fundraiser this week at Birdcall in Cherry Hills Village. Birdcall generously supported Bradley with 35% of the profits ALL day and PTO was able to earn over $1,800! Mark your calendar – our next Dines Out is all day November 11 at The Bagel Deli (locally owned by a Bradley parent; open until 4 pm).
- Greenwood Community Church Trunk or Treat: October 23rd: 3:00-6:00pm: Join us for a free community event with themed car trunks, games, prizes, fun, and candy, candy, candy! Kids get to vote for their favorite trunk and are welcome to come in costume. We’ll also be holding our first annual smoked meat competition and will have a petting zoo, so there will be fun for everyone!
- Nick’s Garden Center Fall Fest 2021: Join the fun fall festival events at Nick’s Garden Center in Aurora this October. There are free and pay events each day. https://nicksgardencenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Nicks-Fall-Fest.pdf
Important Dates to Remember
October 28 – 1st Graders to The Patch
October 29 – Halloween Classroom Celebrations & Thriller Dance
October 29 – Pumpkin Carving Contest
November 5 – Bradley First Friday – NO SCHOOL
November 9 – Lifetouch Re-Take Day
November 9-11 – Scholastic Book Fair
November 11 – Bradley Dines Out – Bagel Deli – All Day
November 18 – Student Thanksgiving Luncheon
November 19 – End of 1st Trimester – Progress Reports in Parent Portal
November 22-26 – NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
December 8 – Bradley Dines Out – Chipotle UHills 4-8pm
December 16 & 17 – Vision & Dental Health Screenings
December 20-December 31 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
January 3 – NO SCHOOL – District Teacher Planning Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a beautiful weekend!