News from the Nest….
- Today was a fun-filled day of celebrations! The costumes were amazing and the pumpkin carvings were top notch! See images and ask your student who the winners were!
- Remember: NO SCHOOL for students on Friday, November 5th. It is a Bradley First Friday.
- Masks: Remember all students need to wear a mask all day and should arrive at school with a mask on. Please include an extra mask in their backpack in case they need it. Also, please remind your child that masks should not be left on the playground. They should put them in their pocket when they head out to recess. We are seeing A LOT of trashed masks around the field and playground area.
- Lifetouch Re-takes: Lifetouch will be at Bradley on Tuesday, November 9th from 8:30-1:00pm for students who did not have their pictures taken in September or if you need to re-take pictures. To order pictures online, please go to https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/ and use code: EVTCTZT4R
- The Scholastic Book Fair COMING!! We are happy to welcome back the Scholastic Book Fair November 9th, 10th, and 11th. The Book Fair will be set up in our school library and due to Covid restrictions, ONLY students may shop in person. Parents may send money with students to shop OR parents can set up a Scholastic e-Wallet! The e-Wallet for Scholastic is very common due to Covid restrictions. Simply set up the account online, add money to your student’s account and we can bring up their spending limit right from the Scholastic cash register! Please see below for more information. Remember: all profits from the Book Fair go right back into our wonderful Bradley Library! Got questions? Feel free to email Ms. Distel, your friendly librarian at email@example.com. See a short video about the book fair: https://players.brightcove.net/1543299976/Eyj59PHsg_default/index.html?videoId=5831064261001
- Spiritwear is arriving next week! If you ordered Spiritwear via our Online Store at the end of September, your order will be available for pick-up Thursday, November 4th at Bradley. We will have an order pick-up table by the main entrance from 2:30-4:00p.m. Please also look for an email directly to you from the PTO regarding your order.
- PTO Meeting November 4. The next PTO meeting is Thursday, November 4 at 7 p.m. by Zoom. Join us to hear updates on the Fun Run, fundraising plans, school changes, and much more! https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87675060143?pwd=bTVrNDNhemhDdnh2UjdQOUdoemRQdz09; Meeting ID: 876 7506 0143; Passcode: Bradley21p – or by phone, 720-707-2699, phone passcode = 1907667574.
- Eat at the Bagel Deli on November 11! Plan to grab breakfast, lunch or an early takeout dinner on Thursday, November 11 from The Bagel Deli (located at 6439 E. Hampden Ave). The Bagel Deli is locally owned by our very own Bradley parent – thanks Jared! Dines Out proceeds will be collected ALL day… but The Bagel Deli closes at 4 p.m., so get there early! Also, orders must be made in store or via phone (no online orders) to count towards this fundraiser. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Denver Botanic Gardens Corn Maze: Chatfield Location: Wind your way through seven acres of corn. The maze can be viewed from a 15-foot tall bridge. This year’s maze will have you buzzing with excitement while searching for the queen bee. Visitors under the age of 10 can explore the corn mini-maze. Now until October 31st: https://www.botanicgardens.org/events/special-events/corn-maze
- Magic of the Jack O’ Lanterns: Hudson Gardens: Now until October 31st: This Fall, The Magic of the Jack O’Lanterns will delight adults and children alike under a glow of 5,000 magnificent, hand-carved pumpkins and larger than life fumpkin displays. A magical light show illuminates a nautical sea-scape and dinosaurs and dragons in a soft glow on the grounds of Hudson Gardens. You’ll find magic around every corner. Magic of the Jack O’ Lanterns
Important Dates to Remember
November 4 – PTO Spiritwear Order Pick-Up 2:30-4:30pm
November 5 – Bradley First Friday – NO SCHOOL
November 9 – Lifetouch Re-Take Day
November 9-11 – Scholastic Book Fair
November 10 – 5th Graders to Denver Art Museum 9:15am-1:30pm
November 11 – Bradley Dines Out – Bagel Deli – All Day
November 12 – Kindergarten (Mrs. Eggleston’s Class) to Children’s Museum
November 17 – Student Thanksgiving Luncheon
November 19 – End of 1st Trimester – Progress Reports in Parent Portal
November 25 – UHills Turkey Trot @ Eisenhower
November 22-26 – NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
December 8 – Bradley Dines Out – Chipotle UHills 4-8pm
December 16 & 17 – Vision & Dental Health Screenings
December 20-December 31 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
January 3 – NO SCHOOL – District Teacher Planning Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a SPOOKY, FUN weekend!