News from the Nest….
- Remember, No School October 16th, 19th and 20th. These are Teacher Planning and Professional Work Days. There will be no in-person or virtual school on these dates.
- We had another successful week with in-person learning! We are so looking forward to seeing our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and AN students on October 21st!
- Thank you to everyone who is wearing a mask at arrival and dismissal! Please continue to wear your mask for pick up and drop off each day. Thank you!
- Thank you also to the families using the Safe Access Web Tool prior to coming to school! It makes the arrival screening process move more quickly by showing the green screen on your phone! It will also help move things along the weather turns colder.
- For all in person students, the Safe Access Screener Web Tool is now available to use at or prior to arrival. You can use the web tool instead of the Health Screening paper copy. You will need your student’s DPS ID number to access the tool. Please know that the Screener can be translated into most common languages.
- Thriller School Dance: Each year Mr. Hoffer teaches our students the Michael Jackson Thriller dance and they perform it on the blacktop. This year we’ll still do this but in smaller groups. If your student hasn’t watched the videos from Mr. Hoffer, start practicing at home!
- Lifetouch Picture Day is coming soon! Get your smiles ready for November 3rd all day. Order online or with paper copy which will be coming home in Friday Folders soon. Go to Lifetouch.com and enter the school Picture Day ID: EVTPVN3F8.
- Return to School for 2nd-5th & AN Zooms – October 14th at 6:00pm: Please join your teacher as they talk about the return to school on October 21st. You’ll hear the drop off and pick up procedures, health screening (SafeAccessScreenerWebTool), possible school supply drop off, lunch, bathroom breaks, etc. It will be packed with information. Your teacher will contact you with the Zoom link.
- Mr. Wera’s Town Hall: Join Mr. Wera for a Town Hall Zoom Meeting on Thursday, October 15th at 6:00pm. Join Zoom Meeting (see SchoolDeet or SchoolMessenger for link)
- DPS Free & Reduced Lunch Application: Please fill out the DPS Lunch Application. This will allow DPS to continue to offer free lunches to our students! Although meals are free, we encourage families to still fill out a Free and Reduced Meal Application for the 2020-21 school year if they haven’t done so already. This ensures these benefits continue in January 2021 and enables DPS to receive all possible school funding. The meal application can be found at MySchoolApps
- Thank you for being mindful of keeping your dogs off the school property, it made a great difference!
- PTO NEEDS FUN STUDENT VIDEO SUBMISSIONS!! Does your kiddo have a skill, talent, dance move, funny joke, etc. or maybe just something they love about Bradley and would like to share during our upcoming virtual auction? The auction committee is putting together a fun video to play during the event (on Saturday, Nov. 7 at 6 p.m.) and needs submissions from our families!! Please email (email@example.com) us with a 5-10 second video. THANK YOU!!!
- AMAZONSMILE – We received $118.02 from our most recent quarterly Amazon donation. Thank you! Have you connected your Amazon account to Bradley yet? If not visit http://bit.ly/BradleyPTO to get started today.
- BRADLEY DINES OUT at Chili’s on Hampden behind Regal cinema next Thursday, October 15. We will send out instructions for online ‘to-go’ ordering and times next week.
- Discovery Link: If you need before or after school kid care, Discovery Link at Bradley has open spots! Before school is 6:30am-8:50am and after school care is 3:00pm-6:00pm. Also, if you are looking for a job, Discovery Link is in need of help this school year. See below the two attached flyers from Discovery Link.
- Trunk or Treat Street at Thomas Jefferson High School: Join the high schoolers as they put together their 8th Annual Trunk or Treat Street for Bradley and surrounding elementary schools. This year looks a little different, but will be just as much fun! See their flyer for more information: Trunk or Treat Street
- Yellow Design Stunt Team BMX Skills Camp: Join the world famous Yellow Design Stunt Team as they teach kids basic to advanced skills on their BMX bikes. Details: Denver Skate Park, October 24th from 10:00am-3:00pm, ages 8+, and lunch is included! Sign up: YellowDesignsCamp
- Festival of Scarecrows: On Saturday, October 10th from 10-2pm, join a very scaled back socially distanced and mask wearing edition of our annual Festival of Scarecrows. The main event is the scarecrow contest judging through Olde Town. The Arvada Gardeners host the giant pumpkin contest at 1:30 in the Olde Town Square and will have harvest items available for donation. See information: Olde Arvada Town Square)
- Prairie Harvest Fest: Painted Prairie, a neo-traditional master-planned community in Aurora, announces the next socially-distanced event for the fall. The event features free fall-themed food and activity pairings in a street fair fashion throughout the community. The event is October 10, 2020 from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 6000 Picadilly Road, Aurora (across from the Gaylord of the Rockies Convention Center).
The streets at Painted Prairie will come alive with all things fall, featuring seasonal craft and food tents, fall-themed activities and amazing décor for those fall-themed Instagram-worthy family pictures! More information: PaintedPrairieFest
Important Dates to Remember
October 14 – 2nd – 5th Grades & AN Virtual Return to School Night Meeting 6:00pm
October 15 – Bradley Dines Out – Chili’s
October 16 – No School – Fall Break
October 19 – No School – DPS Professional Learning Day
October 20 – No School – Teacher Planning Day
October 21 – 2nd -5th Grades & AN Return to School (in-person)
October 30 – School-wide Pumpkin Carving Contest &Thriller Dance
October 30 – Trunk or Treat Street at Thomas Jefferson High School 4:00-6:00pm
November 1 – Time Change – Fall Back 1 hour
November 3 – Lifetouch Picture Day (Picture Day ID: EVTPVN3F8)
November 4 – Parent Teacher Conferences (via Zoom)
November 5 – Parent Teacher Conferences (via Zoom)
November 6 – End of First Term
November 7 – PTO Virtual Auction
November 10 – Bradley Dines Out – Bagel Deli
November 23-27 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
November 26 – UHills Turkey Trot 5K Community Event
December 15 – Lifetouch Make Up Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a wonderful weekend!