News from the Nest….
- Veterans’ Day – thank you to all our veterans! Yesterday we discussed Veterans’ Day with our students. Ask your student what they learned!
- The end of the 1st trimester is next Thursday. I.B. Report Cards will come home in paper copy on Thursday. DPS/Bradley Report Cards will be posted in Parent Portal on Friday, November 19th.
- The Scholastic Book Fair was a HUGE Success! Thank you! It was great to see the students’ love of reading!
- Important District News: DPS has decided to close schools on Friday, November 19th. Bradley will be closed on Friday, November 19th.
- Lost & Found: We have many, many items in the Lost & Found without names. We will have tables at the front of the school on Wednesday, November 17th and Thursday, November 18th after school. Please stop by and see if you can find that missing item! All items left will be donated.
- Masks: With the uptick in COVID cases, please send your student to school with a mask and at lease 1 extra mask in case they need to replace their initial mask. Also, all parents and guardians who drop-off and pick-up students must wear a mask on school grounds. We also ask that you continue to call the attendance line at 720-424-9398 to report your student is sick with any symptoms or will be tardy. We appreciate parents being so vigilant to keep our students safe! In case you haven’t noticed, the positive cases in Denver and Colorado are at a high point heading into the fall and holiday season.
- Student Thanksgiving Luncheon: The Annual Thanksgiving Luncheon is on Wednesday, November 17th. Our fabulous cafeteria is hosting a Student Thanksgiving Luncheon on November 17th for our students and staff! We are not able to have parents join in the luncheon again this year. Please let us know if you would like your student to have a Thanksgiving lunch by signing up here: Thanksgiving Lunch Count. The lunch will be turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, dinner roll and for dessert, a sweet potato cake. All lunches are free but we need to know how many students will be eating a Thanksgiving lunch in order to cook the right amount of food. Thank you!
- Thanksgiving Food Donation: Thank you all so much for donating food for the Thanksgiving dinners. If you didn’t get a chance to donate this time, we will have a holiday food and toy drive. We will get information to the Bradley community in December. We are so very thankful for all the Thanksgiving donations! What an amazing Bradley family we have!
- News from the Nurse: Upcoming Denver Health SBHC Vaccination Clinics for Children Age 5 and Older. Our Denver Health School-Based Health Centers (SBHCs) are now offering vaccinations for free at 18 locations across the city. SBHCs offer a quick and convenient way to get vaccinated. For the convenience of our students and families, DPS will be hosting vaccination clinics (flier available in English and Spanish) at the following SBHC locations:
- Thomas Jefferson High School: November 17 from 4:00-7:00pm for dose #1 and December 8 from 4:00-7:00pm for dose #2
- South High School: November 18 from 4:00-7:00pm for dose #1 and December 9 from 4:00-7:00pm for dose #2
- For other locations, please check the Bradley Website under PostsFor more information or to schedule a COVID vaccine appointment at an SBHC or vaccination clinic, please contact Denver Health at 303-602-8958. Other vaccine providers: COVID vaccinations are widely available across the City and County of Denver, including events at Children’s Hospital. Talk with your child’s primary-care provider to find out if they are providing COVID vaccinations. You can also locate a vaccine provider through the national website vaccine.gov. Read more about the safety of the COVID-19 vaccine for children in this fact sheet from Denver Health. To learn more about DPS’ response to COVID-19 and how to keep your student safe and healthy, please visit www.dpsk12.org 5-11 Year olds SBHC flyer Eng-Sp
- University Hills Turkey Trot: Join the UHills community on Thanksgiving morning at Eisenhower Rec Center starting at 8:30am. Thanksgiving morning we will have our 5th Annual Turkey Trot 5K run partnering with the U-Hills Neighborhood. This is a great opportunity to get out Thanksgiving morning, be a part of the community and get some exercise before the holiday festivities begin. We will meet at the Eisenhower Rec Center parking lot and will run/walk along the beautiful Highline Canal. There is a suggested donation of $10 per person or max $30 per family (cash and Venmo only) and all money raised will go to Bradley International to help a family in need for the Christmas season. Hope to see you there and make sure to bring the family and invite friends. Eisenhower Rec Center Parking Lot 8:30 am 5K, run/ walk and all new 10K course!
- University Hills Plaza Holiday Market: Join the UHills Plaza community on November 20th and December 18th from 10:00-1:00pm. Also at Nick’s Garden Center in Aurora on November 21 and December 11 from 11:00am-2:00pm for their holiday markets. See attached flyer and website for more information: https://www.uhplaza.com/
- Colorado Ski Country: 4th, 5th, & 6th Grade Ski Passport 2021: The best deal on family skiing and riding! https://www.coloradoski.com/passport
- 4 days of skiing at each of 21 Colorado ski areas
- Same offer for 4th, 5th & 6th Graders
- Weekends are included
- Limited holiday restrictions include:
- Thanksgiving: 11/26/21-11/27/21 (Friday-Saturday)
- Christmas: 12/25/21-1/1/22 (Saturday-Saturday)
- MLK: 1/15/22-1/16/22 (Saturday-Sunday)
- President’s: 2/19/22-2/20/22 (Saturday-Sunday)
- Only $59!*
Important Dates to Remember
November 17 – Student Thanksgiving Luncheon
November 18 – Super Citizen Event
November 19 – End of 1st Trimester – Progress Reports in Parent Portal
November 19 – District Wide School Closure – NO School
November 25 – UHills Turkey Trot @ Eisenhowr
November 22-26 – NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
December 2 – Mrs. Lequesne Class to Children’s Museum
December 8 – Bradley Dines Out – Chipotle UHills 4-8pm
December 10 – Mrs. Rosales’ Class to Children’s Museum
December 16 & 17 – Vision & Dental Health Screenings
December 20-December 31 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
January 3 – NO SCHOOL – District Teacher Planning Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!