News from the Nest….
- Thank you to everyone who joined the PTO’s Auction on Saturday night! It was a fun DANCE Party!
- Thank you for all who joined the Town Hall on Thursday. You can find the presentation on the Bradley website.
- Congratulations Bradley Teachers: Niche.com released their 2021 Best Schools in America and Bradley Teachers ranked #34 in their Best Public Elementary Teachers in Colorado! Bradley was also ranked #131 Best School in Colorado, the highest ranking DPS school in this study.
- Bradley Thanksgiving Luncheon: Our fabulous cafeteria is hosting a Thanksgiving Luncheon on November 18th for our students and staff! Please let us know if you would like your student to have a lunch by signing up here: Thanksgiving Lunch Count. The lunch will be turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy and for dessert, a sweet potato cake. All lunches are free but we need to know how many students will be eating a lunch in order to have the right amount of food. Thank you!
- Yearbook: Order your yearbook for a 5% discount by November 18th. We will use TreeRing again this year. We like using TreeRing because you can create 2 individual pages just for your student and for every yearbook sold, TreeRing will plant a tree! Yearbooks will be delivered to Bradley in May. You can order through https://tr5.treering.com/validate and use the Passcode: 1015403147971338. Please see attached flyer.
- Please note these free COVID testing sites in Denver. School Based Health Clinics are a great resource, but they are currently only testing those with symptoms, due to limited supplies. Denvergov.orgCOVIDTesting
- DPS Meal Distribution and Delivery Information: Please see attached information regarding the November breakfast and lunch menus, DPS Meal Distribution sites and DPS Meal Delivery Locations: 2020Breakfast&Lunch
- Bradley Dines Out The Bagel Deli: Stop by the Bagel Deli on Tuesday, November 17th from 8:00am-4:00pm for breakfast, lunch or dinner to go! A Bradley parent owned restaurant, The Bagel Deli serves bagels, soups, sandwiches, cookies, brownies and MORE! Call your order in or drop by – 6439 E Hampden Ave, 303-756-6667. See attached flyer.
- Thank you for participating in the Bradley PTO Virtual Auction Event. We had a great time and it was exciting to see so many familiar faces having fun! The virtual auction will net approx. $7,500(!!!) for PTO and $1,900 will be distributed amongst those classrooms whose teachers submitted an item or experience. We greatly appreciate your generosity and support!
- PTO would also like to thank all of our families and teachers who donated items and/or services to this year’s Auction. Your contributions made the success of this event possible!
- If you see Libby Pollack, Stacia Witmer, Michelle Carreon, Leslie Best, Erik Towt, Laura Mersmann, Dan Shupe, Natalie Buys, Erika McCallin, and Yvonne Davis around give them an elbow bump, this Auction committee worked very hard for over a year to plan this event, twice!
- PTO General Meeting this Thursday, Nov. 19 from 4-5 p.m. by Zoom. Join us as we discuss the results from the virtual auction and outline a plan for 2021. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89351738425?pwd=eDQ2SnJ5Y0E2VVlzN2Q4RTFhOGgyQT09 Meeting ID: 893 5173 8425 Passcode: bradley
- Calling all Future Huskies! Experience a taste of all that Hamilton Middle School has to offer at our Virtual Open House on Tuesday, November 17 from 5:30 – 6:30 pm. Learn about the wide range of opportunities and supports that our International Baccalaureate school can provide for your child as we lay the foundation for high school and beyond! You and your child can watch this livestreamed event on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HamiltonMSDPS/. Spanish (call 385-404-5079 PIN: 904 700 671#) and Arabic (call 347-699-2221 PIN: 796 529 051#) interpretation will be provided.
- University Hills Turkey Trot: The 4th Annual U-Hills 5K Turkey Trot is on! We have received our permit and permission from the city. The course will be the same 5k run/walk format starting at Eisenhower Rec Center and going along the Highline. Cost is $10 per person and a $30 max per family, so bring cash. All money raised goes to support Bradley International to help families in need this winter season. To keep things safe, we will only have 75 people on the course at a time. We will have 8:30, 9:30 and 10:00 start times. Pick a start time and show up. Registration will start 30 minutes before each wave. Masks are required at registration, at the start and finish lines and whenever you are within 6 ft. of another runner/walker. Hope to see you there before your big meal!
Important Dates to Remember
November 17 – Bradley Dines Out – Bagel Deli-8:00am-4:00pm
November 17 – Hamilton Middle School Virtual Open House 5:30-6:30pm
November 18 – Thanksgiving Luncheon (Students and staff only)
November 19 – Bradley PTO General Meeting via Zoom
November 23-27 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
November 26 – UHills Turkey Trot 5K Community Event
December 15 – Lifetouch Make Up Day
December 21 – January 4 – No School – Winter Break
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a wonderful weekend!