News from the Nest….
- Reminder: No School, remote or in person, next week (Nov. 23rd-27th) for Thanksgiving Break! We hope you have a safe and relaxing week off!! We will begin remote learning for all students on Nov. 30th.
- K-5th Grade Remote Learning. All Kindergarten -5th Grade students will be remote so be sure to login to SeeSaw and join the classroom Google Meet on Monday, November 30th at 9:00am. Please look for an email from your classroom teacher for any changes to the daily schedule. For ECE families, please look for communication from your teacher.
- Thanksgiving Luncheon on Wednesday was as tasty as ever! We know it wasn’t the same as in years past and the teachers did a great job making the day feel festive!
- A huge thank you to all of our Bradley families for being patient, flexible and caring throughout the many transitions and unique changes this school year! We appreciate you all so much!
- Scholastic Virtual Book Fair: The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be exclusively held online this year, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our kids. This event is the only way our library raises funds for new books for our students. Features include:
- Bradley International School’s own online store, with a large selection of titles, at the right price points
- A Virtual Fair so you and your kids can experience the magic of the school shopping experience. Browse titles by grade, meet popular authors, and discover the comfort and joy of our Fair
- Every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards!)
Save these dates and view our school’s Fair site:
Fair Dates: 11/23/2020-12/6/2020!
Online Store: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/bradleyinternationalschool2
We can’t wait to “see” you at the Fair!
- Thanksgiving Reading and Math Calendar: Please find the Thanksgiving Reading and Math Calendar for you and your student(s) to work on over the break! It’s a fun way for students to stay engaged over the long break!
- Remote or In-Person Options: DPS has announced that parents are able to make changes to their remote vs in-person status for their students for January – May, 2021. If you are fine with your current choice, you do not have to do anything. If you would like to change your status, please do so through your Parent Portal between November 30-December 6. You will be completing the Learning Option Change Form. You will only be able to submit that change once during the November 30-December 6th timeframe. You can also fill in the online Learning Option Change Form and email it back to the main office at BradleyIBDenver@gmail.com.
- Please note these free COVID testing sites in Denver. School Based Health Clinics are a great resource, but they are currently only testing those with symptoms, due to limited supplies. Denvergov.orgCOVIDTesting
- DPS Meal Distribution and Delivery Information: Please see attached information regarding the November breakfast and lunch menus, DPS Meal Distribution sites and DPS Meal Delivery Locations: 2020Breakfast&Lunch
- At this time of year where we reflect upon all that we are thankful for, Bradley PTO extends a heartfelt expression of gratitude and appreciation to our community for its unwavering support and steadfast generosity. We wish all of our families a safe, healthy and happy Thanksgiving!
- Free Thanksgiving Dinner Option: Ibotta has teamed up with Walmart to save you money and give you a free Thanksgiving dinner! Get 100% cash back on everything you need to whip up dinner for the family.
- University Hills Turkey Trot: The 4th Annual U-Hills 5K Turkey Trot is on! We have received our permit and permission from the city. The course will be the same 5k run/walk format starting at Eisenhower Rec Center and going along the Highline. Cost is $10 per person and a $30 max per family, so bring cash. All money raised goes to support Bradley International to help families in need this winter season. To keep things safe, we will only have 75 people on the course at a time. We will have 8:30, 9:30 and 10:00 start times. Pick a start time and show up. Registration will start 30 minutes before each wave. Masks are required at registration, at the start and finish lines and whenever you are within 6 ft. of another runner/walker. Hope to see you there before your big meal!
Important Dates to Remember
November 23-27 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
November 23-December 6 – Scholastic Virtual Book Fair
November 26 – UHills Turkey Trot 5K Community Event
November 30 – K-5th Grade Remote Learning Begins
December 21 – January 4 – No School – Winter Break
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a wonderful break!