News from the Nest….
- Remember: NO SCHOOL Tomorrow, Friday, November 5th.
- We were able to bring Super Citizen back today for grades 2 through 5! This is a great Bradley tradition! Ask your student about their classroom’s Super Citizen.
- Health of Students: Please remember during this Cold/Flu/COVID season to not send your students to school with any sick symptoms. If they complain of a stomach ache, have a fever, look sick, have a headache, etc., please keep them home to monitor them for further sickness or if they recover. Please contact the nurse (Shannon Kleinbach 720-424-9394) with any questions regarding illnesses. More information is on our website: “How Sick is Too Sick”.
- Lifetouch Re-takes: Lifetouch will be at Bradley on Tuesday, November 9th from 8:30-1:00pm for students who did not have their pictures taken in September or if you need to re-take pictures. To order pictures online, please go to https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/ and use code: EVTCTZT4R
- The Scholastic Book Fair COMING!! We are happy to welcome back the Scholastic Book Fair November 9th, 10th, and 11th. The Book Fair will be set up in our school library and due to Covid restrictions, ONLY students may shop in person. Parents may send money with students to shop OR parents can set up a Scholastic e-Wallet! The e-Wallet for Scholastic is very common due to Covid restrictions. Simply set up the account online, add money to your student’s account and we can bring up their spending limit right from the Scholastic cash register! Please see below for more information. Remember: all profits from the Book Fair go right back into our wonderful Bradley Library! Got questions? Feel free to email Ms. Distel, your friendly librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org. See a short video about the book fair: https://players.brightcove.net/1543299976/Eyj59PHsg_default/index.html?videoId=5831064261001
- PTO Meeting Tonight! Join the PTO tonight for the monthly meeting at 7 p.m. by Zoom to hear updates on the Fun Run, fundraising, school updates, and more! https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87675060143?pwd=bTVrNDNhemhDdnh2UjdQOUdoemRQdz09; Meeting ID: 876 7506 0143; Passcode: Bradley21p.
- Eat at the Bagel Deli on November 11! Plan to grab breakfast, lunch or an early takeout dinner on Thursday, November 11 from The Bagel Deli (located at 6439 E. Hampden Ave). The Bagel Deli is locally owned by our very own Bradley parent – thanks Jared! Dines Out proceeds will be collected ALL day… but The Bagel Deli closes at 4 p.m., so get there early! Also, orders must be made in store or via phone (no online orders) to count towards this fundraiser. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Eisenhower Rec Center School Break Camps: Do you need kid care over Fall and Winter Breaks? Eisenhower Rec Center is OPEN!! They are offering week long camps for kids ages 5-12yrs old. Camps are 8:00-5:00pm each day. See the attached flyer and see their website for registration and more information at Out of School Day (bottom of the page) or call the rec center at 720-865-0730. Also, see the flyer attached for Winter Sports and Spring Break Camps. Winter 2021 – Eisenhower
- Colorado Ski Country: 4th, 5th, & 6th Grade Ski Passport 2021: The best deal on family skiing and riding! https://www.coloradoski.com/passport
- 4 days of skiing at each of 21 Colorado ski areas
- Same offer for 4th, 5th & 6th Graders
- Weekends are included
- Limited holiday restrictions include:
- Thanksgiving: 11/26/21-11/27/21 (Friday-Saturday)
- Christmas: 12/25/21-1/1/22 (Saturday-Saturday)
- MLK: 1/15/22-1/16/22 (Saturday-Sunday)
- President’s: 2/19/22-2/20/22 (Saturday-Sunday)
- Only $59!*
- University Hills Turkey Trot: Join the UHills community on Thanksgiving morning at Eisenhower Rec Center starting at 8:30am. Thanksgiving morning we will have our 5th Annual Turkey Trot 5K run partnering with the U-Hills Neighborhood. This is a great opportunity to get out Thanksgiving morning, be a part of the community and get some exercise before the holiday festivities begin. We will meet at the Eisenhower Rec Center parking lot and will run/walk along the beautiful Highline Canal. There is a suggested donation of $10 per person or max $30 per family (cash and Venmo only) and all money raised will go to Bradley International to help a family in need for the Christmas season. Hope to see you there and make sure to bring the family and invite friends. Eisenhower Rec Center Parking Lot 8:30 am 5K, run/ walk and all new 10K course!
Important Dates to Remember
November 9 – Lifetouch Re-Take Day
November 9-11 – Scholastic Book Fair
November 10 – 5th Graders to Denver Art Museum 9:15am-1:30pm
November 11 – Bradley Dines Out – Bagel Deli – All Day
November 12 – Kindergarten (Mrs. Eggleston’s Class) to Children’s Museum
November 17 – Student Thanksgiving Luncheon
November 19 – End of 1st Trimester – Progress Reports in Parent Portal
November 19 – Super Citizen Event
November 25 – UHills Turkey Trot @ Eisenhower
November 22-26 – NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Break
December 2 – Mrs. Lequesne Class to Children’s Museum
December 8 – Bradley Dines Out – Chipotle UHills 4-8pm
December 10 – Mrs. Rosales’ Class to Children’s Museum
December 16 & 17 – Vision & Dental Health Screenings
December 20-December 31 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
January 3 – NO SCHOOL – District Teacher Planning Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great LONG weekend!