News from the Nest….
- We’d like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who contributed food and gifts over the Thanksgiving and Winter Breaks! You’ve made so many families happy this holiday season and they are eternally grateful! Our Bradley family never ceases to amaze us!
- HOLIDAY SPIRIT WEEK was a fun end to the first half of the school year!
- We wish everyone a wonderful holiday season and winter break! Get some rest and READ, READ, READ!
- Winter Reading & Math Packets: Your child/children should have their winter packets in their Friday Folders today. The packets are fun activities for reading and math over the long winter break. Students who complete the calendar and packets will receive a prize and extra recess when we return in January! If you lose your packet, you can find them on our website: Bradley Winter Packets
- DPS Choice for ECE & 5th Grade Families: The School Choice window opens January 14, 2022 and closes February 15, 2022. Please check out the Bradley Enrollment & Choice Tab on the Bradley website for more information. For virtual school tours, please find sign ups HERE. To find out more about DPS schools, please can find the 2022-23 Great Schools Enrollment Guides.
- Lunch on January 4th which is a non contact day: If you would like your student to receive a school lunch on Tuesday, January 4th, please sign up to pick up lunch from 11:00-12:00pm in the staff parking lot. The lunch will include a Grilled Cheese Sandwich with fruit and veggies. Please Sign Up for Sack Lunch.
- We hope you all have a wonderful winter break! Thank you for all your support this year! As a final note for the year, the Chipotle fundraiser raised $600!!
- Discovery Link Summer Camp: Although it is months away, this warm December weather has us thinking about next Summer. For Summer 2022, ELCS will offer traditional Discovery Link summer camps, as well as the return of Enrichment Exploration Camps. Discovery Link summer camps will run from 6/13/22 – 8/5/22, Monday – Friday, between the hours of 7:00am – 5:30pm (with no camp on 7/4/22). Enrichment Exploration Camps will run on the same dates from 7:30am – 5:30pm. **Registration for camp will open in late January/early February – you will receive more information in the following weeks.** We can’t wait to spend Summer in the City with you! Aunque faltan unos meses, este cálido diciembre nos hace pensar en el próximo verano. Para el verano de 2022, ELCS ofrecerá campamentos de verano tradicionales de Discovery Link, y también se regresarán los campamentos de Exploración de Enriquecimiento (Enrichment Exploration). Los campamentos de verano de Discovery Link se llevarán a cabo desde el 6/13/22 al 8/5/22, de lunes a viernes, entre las 7:00 am y las 5:30 pm (sin campamento el 7/4/22). Los campamentos de Exploración de Enriquecimiento se llevarán a cabo en las mismas fechas entre las 7:30 am y las 5:30 pm. ***La inscripción para el campamento se abrirá a finales de enero / a principios de febrero; recibirá más información en las próximas semanas. *** ¡Estamos emocionados de pasar el verano en la ciudad contigo!
Important Dates to Remember
December 20-December 31 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
January 3 – NO SCHOOL – District Teacher Planning Day
January 4 – NO SCHOOL – Bradley Accelerated Learning Planning Day
January 4 – Lunchroom will provide lunches from 11:00-12:00 in parking lot area
January 5 – Students return to school – welcome back!
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great WINTER BREAK!