News from the Nest….
- K-5th Grade Remote Learning. It was a smooth transition back to remote learning for all students! I am constantly impressed and admire the resiliency of all of our students, families and Bradley staff! Thank you again for your dedication, hard work and support!
- Holiday Wishes: Each year, Bradley works with the Optimist Club of South Monaco, Bradley Girl Scout Troop, University Hills Turkey Trot, Bradley PTO Backpack Program and our very own Bradley community to support Bradley families in need. The Optimist Club of South Monaco, Bradley Girl Scout Troop and Backpack program provide holiday food baskets for families. This year, the PTO Backpack Program is asking for grocery gift card donations. If you would like to donate a grocery gift card, please contact Susan Scovell at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Bradley Girl Scout group has also donated money from their cookie sales for gifts as well! The money raised through the Turkey Trot, we will be able to buy a few toys and items for 35 Bradley students. We will definitely need more help from you! If you would like to help make a student happy this holiday season, please see our SignUpGenius with gift ideas. You can buy the gifts and drop them off at Bradley or have them delivered to Bradley by December 11th. We will be able to distribute all items by December 17th. Thank you all for helping out this year!
- Scholastic Virtual Book Fair: It’s the last week for the Scholastic Book Fair. This event is the only way our library raises funds for new books for our students. Fair Dates: 11/23/2020-12/6/2020! Online Store: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/bradleyinternationalschool2 Bradley International School’s own online store, with a large selection of titles, at the right price points. Browse titles by grade, meet popular authors, and discover the comfort and joy of our Fair. Every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards!)
- Bradley Library Books! The pick-up will be every Wednesday 10:30-3:30 while we are remote.
- Remote or In-Person Options: DPS has announced that parents are able to make changes to their remote vs in-person status for their students for January – May, 2021. If you are fine with your current choice, you do not have to do anything. If you would like to change your status, please do so through your Parent Portal between November 30-December 6. You will be completing the Learning Option Change Form. You will only be able to submit that change once during the November 30-December 6th timeframe. You can also fill in the online Learning Option Change Form and email it back to the main office at BradleyIBDenver@gmail.com.
- Thank you to everyone who participated in our November dines out at The Bagel Deli. Together we raised $750. We are also appreciative to the Kaplan family for their generosity and delicious food!
- PTO spent $1,000 to purchase 75 hardcover books for the Library at the Scholastic Book Fair! We are excited that our students will have new reading materials available when we return for in person learning.
- Denver Human Service: DHS is having a Mobile Toy Shop December 11, 12. 14 & 15, from 10:00am-3:00pm at 2150 S Monaco Parkway. Please see attached flyer to sign your children (11 & under) up for this Toy Shop opportunity! Mobile Toy Shop
- Denver Parade of Lights: December 4th on 9News or in person. Enjoy the holiday lights of Denver and floats as they are displayed around downtown. https://www.downtowndenver.com/9news-parade-of-lights/
- University Hills Turkey Trot: Thank you to everyone who came out for the Turkey Trot! $1,200 was raised for our families in need this holiday season!
Important Dates to Remember
December 21 – January 4 – No School – Winter Break
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a wonderful weekend!