News from the Nest….
- Valentine’s Day is Monday! 💓 – we look forward to seeing all the creative Valentine’s bags and boxes! Have your children wear red, pink, or purple to show their Valentine spirit!
- Read about how our very own Ms. Bobroske presented information to the Colorado Senate about the science of reading training. Great job Ms. Bobroske!
- See information below for Summer Connections (formerly Summer Academy).
- Super Bowl Sunday! Who will win: Rams or Bengals??
- Next week, Bradley will have our IB (International Baccalaureate) Evaluation. This is an important time for Bradley! We get to show off what we are teaching students and how our students are grasping the IB Primary Years Programme. This is an exciting time for students and staff!
- DPS Summer Connections 2022 (formerly Summer Academy): Summer Connections is a FREE full day, 6 week program available in all DPS regions for ALL rising 1st-5th grade students that combines literacy, math, and science. Students will engage in hands-on enrichment experiences in STEM, Art and Spark Career Exploration. Students may receive individual or small group tutoring. See Summer Connections Information. Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis!
- Cupid Shuffle & Valentine’s Day Events: Students will perform the Cupid Shuffle on Monday starting at 1:45 on the playground blacktop. Parents are welcome to watch, however we ask that you keep a distance of 15 feet and wear a mask while on school grounds. Valentine’s Day parties will be at the end of the day and due to COVID restrictions, parents will not be able to attend. Classroom specific information will come from your child’s teacher.
- Kids Heart Challenge: Ask your student who their favorite heart hero is and why! Comment below with their answer! Our Goal is to raise life-saving funds and for all students to learn and raise awareness. Download the Kids Heart Challenge App or go to www.heart.org/khc and REGISTER TODAY! On 2/14/2022 we will kick-off this year’s Kids Heart Challenge Road Trip! Students will learn how and why they need to take care of their hearts and have the opportunity to help others by raising awareness and funds for the American Heart Association. Click here for a Sneak Peek of the program! (See images)
- Thank you to families who attended Torchy’s Tacos Dines Out on Tuesday! Don’t forget to put Torchy’s Tacos round two on the calendar for 2/22/22!
- University Hills Plaza: Check out the Valentine’s Market on Saturday, February 12 from 10 am -1 pm at University Hills Plaza. It’s also the day before the Super Bowl and a great chance to load up on all kinds of goodies for the BIG GAME and SWEETHEART DAY!! Many of their summer market vendors will be there. https://www.uhplaza.com/
- It’s time for Denver’s original Valentine’s Day 4-Mile Run/Walk! Sunday, February 13 at Washington Park, starting at 8:00am. Meet Cupid and run with your sweetheart (or maybe find one!). Dress up as your favorite couple from a TV show/movie/book or come dressed for a fancy date night! #Run4TheLoveOfIt
Important Dates to Remember
February 14 – American Heart Association Kids Heart Challenge Begins (Virtual Assembly) & Cupid Shuffle
February 15-17 – IB Evaluation Remote Visit
February 21 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day
February 22 – Bradley Dines Out – Torchy’s Taco “Twos” Day at Hampden & I-25, 10:00am-10:00pm
February 22 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Professional Day
February 23-25 – Parent Teacher Conferences
March 4 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Professional Day
March 4 – End of 2nd Trimester – Report Cards in Parent Portal
March 14 – Session 4 After School Enrichments Begin
March 14 – Bradley Dines Out – Ester’s 4:00-10:00pm
March 18 – Lifetouch Class Pictures & Individual Spring
March 22 – CMAS Testing Begins
March 28-April 1 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 4 – NO SCHOOL – Professional Learning Day
April 5 – Students Return to School
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!