News from the Nest….
- It was a short week! We enjoyed a little snow and a little sunshine!
- Progress Reports are available to view on the DPS Parent Portal (https://myportal.dpsk12.org/)
- Reminder: Fill out this IB Survey by Friday, February 26th. We would greatly appreciate your feedback about your understanding of the IB Primary Years Programme here at Bradley. We will be having an IB school evaluation visit next fall and your input will be extremely valuable. Call Jodie Leatherman, IB Coordinator, with any questions at 720-424-9468. Thank you so much!
- Help Ms. Distel Get the Missing Library Books Back! We are currently missing about 265 library books. These are books checked out from last spring (pre-quarantine) and this school year. It would cost us over $5,000 to replace these books! Overdue notices will be emailed this weekend – can you please look around your home to see if you can find any library books? Thank you! Ms. Distel
- Next week should be a mixture of warm, snow, cold, you name it! Make sure on those colder mornings that your student(s) have boots, gloves, hats and heavy jacket. We will be going outside for recess, gym and music as much as possible.
- Kids Heart Challenge Bradley Heart Hero VIDEO! It has been wonderful to see so many of our students and their families engaged in Kids Heart Challenge and learning about how they can take care of their hearts and help others, thank you! BONUS MISSION: Any Heart Hero Recruit who goes above and beyond by raising $150 online by 3/8/2021 at 7am will earn their own Agent KHC!Access the KHC Mission Experience here to complete all the Daily Missions. Action to Complete the Mission: Visit our school’s Kids Heart Challenge page: http://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=5551&pg=company&company_id=282233 OR download the Kids Heart Challenge app and register! Continue to share the message with as many people as you can to ask for their support.
- Art Show – Bradley Art Show!
- YEARBOOK SNEAK PEEK! Yearbooks are on sale now and will be delivered to Bradley in May. See the attached image for a glimpse of this year’s layout! Place your order at https://tr5.treering.com/validate and use passcode: 1015403147971338. BONUS: All yearbooks come with the option to customize 2 pages with your own personal pictures!! Yearbook Sneak Peek and TreeRingHowToFlyer
- Want to win prizes for reading and help Bradley?! The Read-a-Thon starts March 15! Students can win extra recesses, no homework passes, free Bradley spirit wear, and a day to bring a toy/stuffed animal to school – all for logging reading minutes online or fundraising. Plus there will be additional prizes for the student with the most reading minutes in each class, in each grade and for the whole school! Keep watching the Deets for details!
Important Dates to Remember
March 3 – Dr. Seuss’ Birthday
March 5 – Bradley First Friday – NO SCHOOL All Day – Teacher IB Planning Day
March 11 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
March 15-April 2 – PTO Read-a-Thon!
March 19 – Kids Heart Challenge Ends
March 26 – ECE ONLY – NO SCHOOL
March 29-April 5 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 13 – Lifetouch Class Pictures & Spring Photo
April 15 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!