News from the Nest….
- This week, our 5th graders wrapped up their IB Exhibition! After months of hard work, they got to show off all of their knowledge to students and parents on Friday! It was fantastic to see their final presentations ranging from works of art, to slide-shows, to skits! !!!CONGRATULATIONS !!!
- Next week is Read Across America Week which will end with a Drop Everything And Read day on Thursday! See information below.
- Remember, NO SCHOOL on Friday, March 4th – it’s Bradley First Friday!
- Read Across America SPIRIT WEEK: We will be celebrating the Read Across America this week. See attached flier for details!
- Monday: Hat Day
- Tuesday: Twin Day & Dr. Seuss’ Birthday
- Wednesday: Read about an Influential Athlete
- Thursday: PJ Day – Drop Everything And Read DAY!
- Bradley Summer Camp: We are planning another Summer Camp at Bradley for the month of June (June 6th – July 1st)! Registration packets with Teachers/Themes and activities planned, will come home and be available online on the Bradley website on Thursday, March 3rd. Thank you for your patience!
- DPS Mask Mandate: UPDATE. To see all DPS Mask Mandate updates, please see the Bradley Website: DPS Mask Mandate
- DPS Summer Connections 2022 (formerly Summer Academy): Summer Connections is a FREE full day, 6 week program available in all DPS regions for ALL rising 1st-5th grade students that combines literacy, math, and science. Students will engage in hands-on enrichment experiences in STEM, Art and Spark Career Exploration. Students may receive individual or small group tutoring. See Summer Connections Information. Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis!
- Kids Heart Challenge: Families have already joined us on the KHC Road Trip and have taken the challenge to Be Active or Be Kind! Hop on board with these families if you didn’t get started last week. So far, we have raised $8290.53 donations toward our $17000 goal and kids are working to complete Finn’s Mission! PARENTS – HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED Step 1. Visit our school’s Kids Heart Challenge page: http://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=6320&pg=company&company_id=332170 OR download the Kids Heart Challenge App for iPhone or Android to search for our school and sign up! Step 2. Complete Finn’s Mission – this will be your road map! Our goal is to have as many students as possible complete Finn’s Mission. Every student that raises $75 will get to COLOR BLAST Mr. Hoffer! The first 20 students to reach $150 earn a limited-edition Captain KHC keychain for their collection. CONGRATULATIONS!! These students have earned this: Oliver S, Ari P-L, Mira W, Malcolm B, Gage T, Oliver C, Ryerson B, Olivia K, Brooklyn H, Sofia L, Asher P-L, Shane M, Dani B, Scarlett B, Thomas O, London H, Simon B, Alec M, Nathaniel S, Justina, M, Lily K, Temperance H, Penny B, Autumn W, Jovanni C, Oliver C, Noah W, Ender S, Liam N, Lily N. YOU’RE SO CLOSE!!: Gabriel D , Christopher D , Katherine R , Charlotte G , Lucy W , Louis C , Ella G , Yui B , Hannah G , Liam C , Oscar H , Beau B , Paddy B , Lucia S , Natalie R , Samuel L , Emma L , Micah W , Niyah R , Liam P , Amia B , Emerson C , Ella B , Fadia S , Philip L.
- Enrichment Sessions: Session 3 Enrichment will end on March 3rd. Session 4 flyers will be sent home in Friday Folders on March 3rd (March 4th is a First Friday). Session 4 Enrichment will start the week of March 14th. Also, find the After School Enrichment page on the Bradley website.
Important Dates to Remember
February 28-March 3 – Read Across America
March 3 – D.E.A.R Day (Drop Everything and Read)
March 3 – Session 4 After School Enrichment Registration OPENS
March 3 – Summer Camp Registration OPENS
March 4 – NO SCHOOL – Bradley First Friday
March 4 – End of 2nd Trimester – Report Cards in Parent Portal
March 9 – Session 4 After School Enrichment Registration ENDS
March 14 – Session 4 After School Enrichments Begin
March 14 – Bradley Dines Out – Ester’s 4:00-10:00pm
March 18 – Lifetouch Class Pictures & Individual Spring
March 22 – CMAS Testing Begins
March 28-April 1 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 4 – NO SCHOOL – Professional Learning Day
April 5 – Students Return to School
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!