News from the Nest….
- Reminder: NO SCHOOL TOMORROW, Friday, February 4th – It’s a Bradley First Friday non- student contact Teacher Professional Day.
- Friday, February 11th is the 100th day of school! We look forward to all the centenarians we will see 🙂
- We loved seeing photos of students enjoying their snow day yesterday! So much snow to play in!
- Today we practiced our Lock-Down Drill with DPS Safety & Security. Ask your student about this drill. Everyone did a great job!
- Community Letters to Families: DPS Nursing Services has informed us that we will not need to send COVID positive letters home to families. We will inform you in the weekly messenger of COVID positive cases. Please also look at the DPS COVID Dashboard for COVID cases.
- Mask Mandate & Schools: Denver County has ended the mask mandate but DPS schools still require students and staff to wear masks in school. Bradley still requires parents to wear masks on school grounds. This means at pick up and drop off and when they enter the building to go to the office.
- Attendance Line: Please contact the attendance line at 720-424-9398 if your student is going to be late or absent and leave as much detail as possible.
- Upcoming Dines Out – a two night: Torchy’s Tacos for Taco Tuesday, February 8th and Taco “Two’s” Day Tuesday, February 22nd (2/22/22) from 10AM to 10PM at their Hampden Location (6325 E Hampden Ave, Denver, CO 80222). Let them know you are with Bradley or show the attached flyer. This is for dine in or carry out orders only (no third party delivery apps).
- Kids Club – Enderman; Whimsy Studios: Feb. 5th 10:30-12:30pm: Kids Club, Exclusively for Ages 7-15. It’s a wonderful opportunity for children to explore their creative freedom. Parents are asked to drop off their petite Picassos and let them independently explore their artistic expression. Doors open at 10:00 am. Class starts at 10:30 am. Pick up your proud artist at 12:30 pm. Snacks & drinks are available for purchase. Price includes all materials and instructions. https://app.getoccasion.com/xp/3H6jPnll?time_slot_id=gueB7bidzvV-p
- Victorian Valentines in February; Four Mile Historic Park; Originating in England in the 1840’s, the mass-produced Valentine was born. Despite the modern convenience of a pre-made card, many Victorians preferred to make their own heartfelt greeting out of lace, bows, bits of fabric and silk flowers. Craft a curated love note of your own to share with a friend. Activity: Make your own Victorian Valentine. https://www.fourmilepark.org/events/events-calendar/
Important Dates to Remember
February 4 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
February 8 – Bradley Dines Out – Torchy’s at Hampden & I-25, 10:00am-10:00pm
February 11 – 100th Day of School!
February 14 – American Heart Association Kids Heart Challenge Begins (Virtual Assembly) & Cupid Shuffle
February 15-17 – IB Evaluation Remote Visit
February 21 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day
February 22 – Bradley Dines Out – Torchy’s Taco “Twos” Day at Hampden & I-25, 10:00am-10:00pm
February 22 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Professional Day
February 23-25 – Parent Teacher Conferences
March 4 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Professional Day
March 4 – End of 2nd Trimester – Report Cards in Parent Portal
March 14 – Session 4 After School Enrichments Begin
March 14 – Bradley Dines Out – Ester’s 4:00-10:00pm
March 18 – Lifetouch Class Pictures & Individual Spring
March 22 – CMAS Testing Begins
March 28-April 1 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 4 – NO SCHOOL – Professional Learning Day
April 5 – Students Return to School
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great long weekend!
Snow Moon – February 16th