News from the Nest….
- THIS Sunday, Daylight Savings begins – Spring forward 1 hour on Sunday.
- Next week is SPIRIT WEEK! See below for daily details!
- Everyone is anticipating a lot of SNOW for the weekend! How much will we get?? See details below for new DPS snow day policy.
- Remember to bundle up next week for school as we will still go outside as much as possible!
- DPS Snow Day Policy: Just a reminder that DPS changed their policy and will have the option to cancel school for a “real” snow day (like in previous years) for one day only. If the weather conditions continue to hinder transportation, DPS will transition to remote learning for any consecutive days that follow a snow day.
- As the weather forecast for this weekend is still predicting a major snowstorm, please watch for communication from the district and school regarding any school cancellations, delays or remote learning days.
- If we do have a remote learning day, the remote schedule will be from 9:00am – 3:00pm for Kindergarten through 5th grade and AN. ECE will have asynchronous lessons posted. Students will login to their classroom Google Meet.
- Please look for that DPS communication and watch the local news for updates as well.
- Today is the final day to support our book fair! Which books do you still have on your wish list? Do you need help to find books that are perfect for your family? Reach out to Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-563-7964. Be sure to check out the teacher wish lists or donate a dollar amount to the classroom! Every purchase helps earn free books for the school library. You can check out the grade level suggestion videos here: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/bradley-usborne-more-book-fair/. Shop with the direct link here: https://L4588.myubam.com/2040369
- WOW – Bradley made such an incredible impact through Kids Heart Challenge this year!! This is the last call to donate to help us save lives! Donations are due on 3/19/2021. We set out to complete the mission and we could not have achieved it without you. THANK YOU for taking action to help us save lives! We are so proud to celebrate all you’ve done:
- 104 families took the heart-healthy challenge and joined our team online this year!
- Our donation count is up to $7,993.45 to the American Heart Association, thanks to your support!!
- DPS Community Survey: Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us throughout the year. The feedback DPS received informs upcoming district-level decisions for student learning during COVID-19. In addition, school level survey results are playing a role in your school-level continuous improvement efforts. Like prior surveys, the purpose of the March DPS Community Survey is to understand how academic and social-emotional learning are going, to understand what supports are needed, to progress monitor data for crisis priorities and district strategies, and to plan for next school year. This new DPS Community Survey also gives students, community members and team members the chance to share their thoughts about the search for DPS’ next superintendent. The DPS Community Survey will be administered March 10th – March 26th. You should have received an email and text from DPS on Wednesday with the link to the survey. If not, please find the Survey link: https://survey.k12insight.com/r/RYOfhF
- SPIRIT WEEK! In celebration of the Read-a-Thon fundraiser, there will be special reading-themed spirit weeks the next 2 weeks! Remember… only the students with activated Read-a-Thon webpages can participate in Tuesday’s Pajama Day! Let’s have some fun while working hard to meet our reading goals! See attached flyer for Sprit Week! Read-a-Thon Spirit Weeks
- Monday – Fairy Tales or Harry Potter Dress Up
- Tuesday – Pajama day for students who activate accounts
- Wednesday – St. Patrick’s Day (Green & Gold Day)
- Thursday – Literary Character Day
- Friday – Super Hero Day
- The PTO Read-a-Thon is here!!! Hopefully you have received the flier from your teacher containing the special code for your student. Please register as soon as possible – the event kicks off on Monday, March 15 and all students registered by Monday will get to participate in Pajama Day on Tuesday 3/16. Starting Monday students will be able to begin recording reading minutes every day… and can start earning those prizes! Donations can happen now, so send those requests out to your family, friends and neighbors. Remember, all profits go straight back to Bradley to support the teachers, classrooms and school!
- Thank you to those of you who attended the Bradley PTO meeting last night! Click here for meeting minutes or visit the Bradley PTO website at bradleyptoib.wordpress.com/pto-minutes/.
- St. Patrick’s Day Dance Performances: March 13: Our friends from the Wick School of Irish Dance are back at Stanley for two St. Patrick’s Day pop-up dance performances, both on our west patio, outdoors and socially distanced. Saturday, March 13, 12pm to 12:30pm; Wednesday, March 17, 4pm to 4:30pm; Free to attend. Masks and social distancing are required at Stanley, both indoors and outdoors. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Cub Scouts: Pack 711 in Southeast Denver has some great adventures planned this year and we invite you to join us! This long standing pack of scouts has been serving the area for decades. If you and your son or daughter are looking to learn some skills, and have fun outdoors with a great group of kids, join us now for these exciting events planned for the year! March: Pinewood Derby; April: Rocket Launch/Raingutter Regatta Boat Race; May: Pack 711 Olympics; June: Pickle Gulch Campout. During 2021, all events are being held outdoors in socially distant activities and following all COVID protocols. Join by March and be eligible for a welcome gift and a pinewood derby kit to race in March! To learn more email: email@example.com
- Discovery Link: Need summer kid care? Sign up for Discovery Link Camps in June and July! See image and on our website for more information: Discovery Link
- Join CU Wizard Nobel Laureate Professor Eric Cornell on Zoom! A live broadcast webinar on March 13th to share…”Scientific Possibilities! Enthusiastic Experimental Demonstrations!” Have you been trying awesome science experiments from home this year? Would you like to join Professor Eric Cornell on a Saturday morning to find out more about what he’s been trying? There are so many great experiments that you can do at home using ordinary materials! This webinar will allow K-12 students and families to join Prof. Cornell, talk about science and learn about Prof. Cornell’s science experiments. There will be time for kid panelists to share their own at home science experiments with a live audience full of folks who are enthusiastic about doing science! CU Wizards webinars and shows are geared for young students, ages 5-17, and families who love learning! https://www.colorado.edu/cuwizards/
Important Dates to Remember
March 14 – Daylight Savings Begins
March 15-April 2 – PTO Read-a-Thon!
March 19 – Kids Heart Challenge Ends
March 23-25 – 3rd Grade CMAS Testing
March 26 – 3rd Grade Market Day
March 26 – ECE ONLY – NO SCHOOL
March 29-April 2 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 2 – PTO Read-a-Thon ENDS
April 5 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Planning Day
April 5 – Yearbook Orders DUE!
April 7-9 – 4th Grade CMAS Testing
April 13 – Lifetouch Class Pictures & Spring Photo
April 13 – Bradley Dines Out – Chipotle @ UHills Location 4-8pm
April 13-15 – 5th Grade CMAS Testing
April 15 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
April 20-21 – 5th Grade CMAS Testing
April 30 – Yearbook Orders DUE! (New Due Date!)
May 28 – Last Day of School Dismissal 12:45pm
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great snowy weekend!