News from the Nest….
- After a week filled with pie/π, Leprechaun shenanigans, a full moon, 65 degrees and snow, we welcome the weekend! Hope you all have a great one!
- Sunday, March 20 is 1st Day of Spring! We welcome it!
- Look up tonight – it’s a Full Worm Moon!
- 3rd and 4th grades will begin CMAS testing this week! 4th graders will take the English Language Arts Assessment on Tuesday and finish Wednesday morning. 3rd graders will start Wednesday afternoon and finish on Thursday. Please make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep and a hearty breakfast in the morning.
- School Hours & Attendance Line: School doors open at 8:00am for breakfast. Students will line up outside on the blacktop starting at 8:10am. School starts at 8:15am. Please continue to call the attendance line at 720-424-9398 if your student will be absent or late. We will not be able to have students called out of class between 3:00-3:15pm. Classrooms are beginning to leave for the day and calling students out during that time causes disruptions. Please try to plan accordingly.
- Lost & Found Tables: Please stop by the main doors to find any missing water bottles, coats, hats, lunchboxes, boots, etc. on Wednesday ,March 23rd and Thursday, March 24th
- Parent At Home Oral Health Survey 21-22: DPS cares about the health of your child. To support our efforts to identify health issues that may impact your child’s success and ability to learn, we are resuming our health screening program with in-person vision and hearing screenings at school. Due to the impacts of the pandemic, we will be unable to provide in-person oral health screenings this year. Since good oral health is so important for concentration, we are asking that you please complete the Oral Health Screening At Home survey on the Parent Portal. A few minutes and a flashlight or good light source is all you need to complete the screening! Along with the vision and hearing data, the information collected through the online oral health survey will help us connect you and your students to any health resources you may need. Please complete the survey electronically within three weeks from today. Although the data is most accessible electronically, if there is a need to complete a paper copy, please contact the school’s health or front office, then return the document within 3 weeks of this message. Click for further instructions on a Smartphone/tablet/laptop/desktop. At this time surveys in Burmese and Arabic languages are only available in a printed format obtainable from your school Nurse. Please see a short video: https://kindsmiles.org/chopper-topper/
- Bradley Summer Camp: Need a fun summer camp for your student(s)? We are planning our Bradley Summer Camp for the month of June (June 6th – July 1st)! All camps are run by Bradley teachers and paras AND it’s at Bradley – what could be better! Registration is available online on the Bradley website (see attached flier)! Sign up soon, space is limited!
- Kids Heart Challenge: Bradley International School families, DESTINATION: Healthy Kids, Healthy Community! We made it! Our school made such an incredible impact during the Kids Heart Challenge Road Trip! Thank you so much for joining us and helping us reach our final destination. FINAL EXIT: Donations are due 3/25/2022. If you still have donations, please turn them in as soon as possible. We hope every family will take one final action on the KHC Road Trip. WE ARE SO PROUD TO CELEBRATE ALL WE’VE ACCOMPLISHED ALONG THE WAY: 16 Students completed Finn’s Mission to raise $75 or more!: Jack J , Emilie J , Sarai F , Emma M , Andrew M , Vivian G , Rhaine G , Liam N , Lily N , Harper B , Sydney M , Hadley M , Bronwyn M , Lucia S , Oliver S , Oliver C , Cooper N , George T , Janica J , Thomas O , Justina M , Noah W , Malcolm B , Brooklyn H We’ve raised $17392.68 in donations for the American Heart Association, thanks to your support!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Double your Donations: If you work for a company that matches donations, you can make a personal donation and they will match it! How’s that for making a difference? For more information, click here. Why do we support the American Heart Association? 26 million Americans have diabetes – that’s nearly the population of Texas. With your support, the American Heart Association can provide an on-demand eLearning course helping doctors talk to their diabetic patients about their increased risk of cardiovascular diseases. Learn more about preventing and treating diabetes HERE.
- DPS Summer Connections 2022 (formerly Summer Academy): Summer Connections is a FREE full day, 6 week program available in all DPS regions for ALL rising 1st-5th grade students that combines literacy, math, and science. Students will engage in hands-on enrichment experiences in STEM, Art and Spark Career Exploration. Students may receive individual or small group tutoring. See Summer Connections Information. Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis and registration ends March 25th!
- Yearbook: It’s not too early to order a yearbook! Order today – deadline is April 25, 2022. Go to www.treering.com/validate. Enter our school’s passcode: 1015403147971338. Create your very one 2 page layout!
Dines Out – Thank you Ester’s!
A big thank you to Ester’s Neighborhood Pub
and for everyone that got a dinner out on Monday! Our next Bradley Dines Out event is Tuesday, April 12 all day at Birdcall Cherry Hills
– mark your calendars!
Read-a-Thon is BACK! Get your books ready, the Read-a-Thon is coming soon! From April 8-22 students will be logging reading minutes online and gathering donations to support Bradley. The Read-a-Thon is a fundraiser that not only promotes reading, but entirely benefits the school – all proceeds come back to the PTO and each individual classroom benefits. More details coming soon!
PTO April Meeting: Join the PTO at our next meeting on Thursday, April 7 – we hope to be able to meet in person right after school in the library. Watch the Deets for more updates!
PTO Wants Your Help!
The Bradley PTO is looking for committee members for the 2022/23 school year. No experience necessary! Email PTO President Molly – email@example.com.
- Denver March Powwow: March 18-20: Denver Coliseum: Since 1984, the heritage of American Indians has been celebrated in Denver every year at the Denver March Powwow, one of the largest events of its kind in the country. The Powwow features more than 1,600 dancers from close to 100 tribes from 38 states and three Canadian provinces. The three-day event in the Denver Coliseum is packed with singing, dancing, storytelling, food, art and more, ensuring a wonderful experience for everyone. http://www.denvermarchpowwow.org/
- Dino & Dragon Stroll: Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center: April 2 & 3: CV Events is bringing their DINO & DRAGON STROLL event, and interactive walk-thru dinosaur and dragon experience, to Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center April 2 & 3. DPS would like to offer all students in the district, 17 and under, FREE tickets to the event. The discount code is: DENVER. Due to social distancing measures, students must go online to redeem their ticket prior to the event. Additional tickets for family members can be purchased at this time. This family-fun event is something that all ages will enjoy but does resonate with elementary and middle school kiddos best. Check out the event at DinoAndDragonStroll.com. The DINO & DRAGON STROLL will be open Saturday from 10am-4pm with a special Sensory friendly hour from 8:30am-9:45am and Sunday from 10am-3pm. Our Sensory Friendly Hour will allow students with special needs, such as autism, the ability to enjoy our event in a more subdued setting (no flashing lights, limited sound, limited movement from the dinos & dragons). https://www.dinostroll.com/
- Kindergarten Girl Scout Group: Calling all Kindergarten girls: a new troop is forming and you’re invited to join! Join Forming Troop 66700. Parent Information Meeting Date: April 14 Time: 5:15 pm For: Girls from Southmoor, Bradley, and Samuels Elementary. For questions and to RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Dates to Remember
March 22 – CMAS Testing Begins (3rd, 4th, & 5th grades only)
March 23 & 24 – Lost & Found Table at Main Entrance
March 28-April 1 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 4 – NO SCHOOL – Professional Learning Day
April 5 – Students Return to School
April 11 – PTO Read-a-Thon BEGINS
April 12 – Bradley Dines Out – Birdcall
April 14 – PTO General Meeting (in person 3:30pm)
April 15 – D.E.A.R. Day (Drop Everything And Read Day)
April 22 – PTO Read-a-Thon ENDS
April 25 – Yearbook Orders DUE
April 26 & 27 – Lost & Found Tables in Front of School
April 28 – 3rd Grade to Butterfly Pavilion
April 28 – Kindergarten to Zoo
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great SPRING weekend!