News from the Nest….
- We survived the 4th largest snowstorm in Denver this week. The massive amount of snow that fell has made clearing sidewalks, parking lots, and school grounds very difficult. Please take precautions when walking on the blacktop and sidewalk areas.
- What a week! Spirit Week was a huge hit! Continue building reading minutes.
- Celebrate the FIRST DAY OF SPRING on Saturday!
- 3rd Grade will be taking their CMAS testing next week – Tuesday, March 23rd, Wednesday, March 24th and Thursday, March 25th. Please arrange any doctor/dentist/eye appointments for other days to avoid the interruption of the testing days. Also, please make sure your 3rd grader is getting enough sleep and having a healthy, hearty breakfast and arrive by 9:00am.
- Usborne Books & More: Bradley Families – you have done it again! You were so incredibly generous with your virtual book fair purchases and we know Ms. Distel is going to enjoy selecting over $900 in FREE books for the school library! Thanks to Julia Wysocki for hosting the book fair! Great job readers!
- Parents please remember to wear a mask at drop off and pick up. Also, remember to pack an extra mask for your student(s) in their backpacks in case their mask breaks or gets messy.
- DPS Community Survey: Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us throughout the year. The feedback DPS received informs upcoming district-level decisions for student learning during COVID-19. In addition, school level survey results are playing a role in your school-level continuous improvement efforts. Like prior surveys, the purpose of the March DPS Community Survey is to understand how academic and social-emotional learning are going, to understand what supports are needed, to progress monitor data for crisis priorities and district strategies, and to plan for next school year. This new DPS Community Survey also gives students, community members and team members the chance to share their thoughts about the search for DPS’ next superintendent. The DPS Community Survey will be administered March 10th – March 26th. You should have received an email and text from DPS on Wednesday with the link to the survey. If not, please find the Survey link: https://survey.k12insight.com/r/RYOfhF
- DPS Snow Day Policy: Just a reminder that DPS changed their policy and will have the option to cancel school for a “real” snow day (like in previous years) for one day only. If the weather conditions continue to hinder transportation, DPS will transition to remote learning for any consecutive days that follow a snow day.
- As the weather forecast for this weekend is predicting snow, please watch for communication from the district and school regarding any school cancellations, delays or remote learning days.
- If we do have a remote learning day, the remote schedule will be from 9:00am – 3:00pm for Kindergarten through 5th grade and AN. ECE will have asynchronous lessons posted. Students will login to their classroom Google Meet.
- Please look for that DPS communication and watch the local news for updates as well.
- SPIRIT WEEK! In celebration of the Read-a-Thon fundraiser, this week, teachers will be reading books to students, you can do this at home too! Get those minutes in this week!
- Monday – Read a Biography
- Tuesday – Read Poetry
- Wednesday – Read a book about Science or Animals
- Thursday – Read a Non-Fiction Book
- Friday – Read a Comic Book or Graphic Novel
- Have you been logging your minutes for the Read-a-Thon? You have one more week to log minutes and get donations – the Read-a-Thon officially ends on March 26! Remember… the class with the most reading minutes in each grade wins a pizza party!!!
- Bradley PTO is looking for new Board members and Committee Leads! All Board members are asked to commit for a 2 year term and try to attend most monthly PTO meetings. For complete details about various committees, visit the Bradley PTO website. Board Elections will be held during the April 15 PTO meeting. To apply, complete a brief online application here: https://forms.gle/ya3D4kAk7p3kWfCQ7.
- Art Students League of Denver: Summer Camps are just around the corner! Registration opens on April 13 – mark your calendar to make sure your young artist has a summer of creative fun! Scholarships are available, visit our website to learn more and apply. See attached flyer. We are a community of artists where everyone is welcome to share their love of art. Our Mission: The Art Students League of Denver provides an inclusive art community where professional artists guide individuals of all abilities to reach their highest potential. Our Core Values: Community, Inclusiveness, Learning and Artistic Self-Expression. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, every contribution counts and supports our mission to support artists within our creative community with inspiring courses and robust membership benefits.
- Discovery Link: Need summer kid care? Sign up for Discovery Link Camps in June and July! See image and on our website for more information: Discovery Link
Important Dates to Remember
March 23-25 – 3rd Grade CMAS Testing
March 26 – 3rd Grade Market Day
March 26 – ECE ONLY – NO SCHOOL
March 29-April 2 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 2 – PTO Read-a-Thon ENDS
April 5 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Planning Day
April 7-9 – 4th Grade CMAS Testing
April 13 – Lifetouch Class Pictures & Spring Photo
April 13 – Bradley Dines Out – Chipotle @ UHills Location 4-8pm
April 13-15 – 5th Grade CMAS Testing
April 15 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
April 20-21 – 5th Grade CMAS Testing
April 30 – Yearbook Orders DUE! (New Due Date!)
May 21 – 5th Grade Exhibition
May 27 – 5th Grade Continuation
May 28 – Last Day of School Dismissal 12:45pm
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great SPRING weekend!