News from the Nest….
- It’s Spring Break! No School next week. Students return on Tuesday, April 6th.
- 3rd Grade Market Day was a huge hit! We definitely enjoy seeing all their creations!
- 1st Graders’ Ocean Projects were out of this world!
- CMAS for 3rd graders are DONE! Our students did an amazing job!
- Spring Break Packets: Find your classroom’s spring break packets, Mr. Wera’s Math Message and the reading/math calendar on the Bradley website. This is a great way to continue with your Read-a-Thon minutes and to stay sharp with your math skills. Remember – Read, Read, Read! SpringBreakPackets
- Yearbook: Spring Break is a great time to work on your 2 free personal pages in your yearbook! Order your yearbook today! See the image attached to get an idea of what it will look like. Go to www.treering.com/validate Enter your school’s passcode: 1015403147971338. See attached flyer to buy your copy today! TreeRing Reminder
- April Breakfast and Lunch Menus: April menus are available. Please find them on the Bradley website: Bradley April Menus.
- A HUGE thank you to everyone for participating in this year’s Read-a-Thon over the last two weeks. Reading minutes recorded online will be tallied and prizes will be distributed after spring break. Classrooms with the most reading minutes and fundraising will be announced the first week of April.
- But WAIT…SURPRISE! The Read-a-Thon has been extended through spring break so any minutes you read next week will count toward your individual tally! While the classroom portion of the Read-a-Thon is over, students can still record Spring Break reading minutes online (as well as any last-minute donations) to earn individual prizes and extra recess after break. So, keep those books out and keep reading!
- Bradley PTO is looking for new Board members and Committee Leads! All Board members are asked to commit for a 2 year term and try to attend most monthly PTO meetings. For complete details about various committees, visit the Bradley PTO website. Board Elections will be held during the April 15 PTO meeting. To apply, complete a brief online application here: https://forms.gle/ya3D4kAk7p3kWfCQ7.
- Denver Art Museum: Visit the Denver Art Museum over Spring Break – Free Admission from March 27 through April 2. General admission to the Denver Art Museum is free to all youth age 18 and under every day, granting more kids access to art than ever before. The Free for Kids program funds general admission for all children, including school field trips and other youth group visits (currently on hold due to COVID-19). This program also will help support a new transportation fund for school bus trips and enables the museum to offer $5 youth pricing for all ticketed exhibitions. https://www.denverartmuseum.org/en/plan-your-visit
- Discovery Link: Need summer kid care? Sign up for Discovery Link Camps in June and July! See image and on our website for more information: Discovery Link
Important Dates to Remember
March 29-April 2 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 2 – PTO Read-a-Thon ENDS
April 5 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Planning Day
April 6 – Students RETURN to School from Break
April 7-9 – 4th Grade CMAS Testing
April 13 – Lifetouch Class Pictures & Spring Photo
April 13 – Bradley Dines Out – Chipotle @ UHills Location 4-8pm
April 13-15 – 5th Grade CMAS Testing
April 15 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
April 20-21 – 5th Grade CMAS Testing
April 30 – Yearbook Orders DUE! (New Due Date!)
May 21 – 5th Grade Exhibition
May 27 – 5th Grade Continuation
May 28 – Last Day of School Dismissal 12:45pm
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great SPRING BREAK!