News from the Nest….
- Reminder: Tomorrow, Friday, March 5th is a First Friday, NO SCHOOL day.
- The students and staff had a spectacular time celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday and Read Across America this week!
- Usborne Books & More Virtual Book Club: It’s time to Blast Off to a Universe of Stories!!! Carve out time to shop our VIRTUAL Book Fair with Usborne Books & More! These exciting and educational books are entertaining and make great learning resources. You can also stock up your home libraries for the upcoming Readathon and Spring Break! Our Book Fair begins March 8th. Now is the time to preview Usborne and Kane Miller books (https://l4588.myubam.com/1892355)! Visit the Usborne Books & More Virtual Book Fair online at https://l4588.myubam.com/1892355 to shop from March 8th-March 12th. Shopping is convenient, simple, and books will ship directly to your home. You can also purchase books for your child’s classroom or make a donation to purchase books for a child that might not have the funds right now. Looking for customized recommendations for the readers in your life? Contact our Educational Services Representative, Julia Wysocki, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-563-7964. In addition to supporting literacy, your purchase also provides great rewards for our school library! We look forward to seeing you and your family at our Virtual Book Fair event!
- YEARBOOK ON SALE NOW! Yearbooks are on sale now and will be delivered to Bradley in May. See the attached image for a glimpse of this year’s layout! Place your order at https://tr5.treering.com/validate and use passcode: 1015403147971338. BONUS: All yearbooks come with the option to customize 2 pages with your own personal pictures!! Deadline to order is Monday, April 5th! TreeRingHowToFlyer
- We accepted the mission to learn about how to take care of our hearts and save lives from heart disease and stroke through Kids Heart Challenge and we are doing a remarkable job! THANK YOU for being a part of that! LAST CALL MISSION: Any student who has earned at least 1 or more online donation(s) during Kids Heart Challenge will get to sign our KHC Legacy Banner and be a part of Bradley International School HISTORY! Access the KHC Mission Experience to complete the missions. Action to Complete the Mission: Visit our school’s Kids Heart Challenge page: http://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=5551&pg=company&company_id=282233 OR download the Kids Heart Challenge app and register! See attached image!
- PTO General Meeting, Thursday, March 11 at 7 p.m. Zoom Meeting ID 885 7830 6928 Password is bradley. Zoom Link: Please see SchoolDeet or SchoolMessenger for link
- Our Backpack Program has been awarded $800.00 in special funding by the Food Bank of the Rockies! We have until April 1 to spend these dollars and could use some extra hands and cars when picking up and transporting food to Bradley. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Susan Scovell (email@example.com) for more details. Thanks!
- The Read-a-Thon is almost here! Check your student’s backpack/folder for a letter that contains how to get started – you will need to create an online account for your student using a special code provided on the letter. Each student has their own online site used to enter and track reading minutes and collect pledges – the site can be shared with family and friends. As students record minutes and tally donations, they are able to win fun prizes! All students with an account created by March 15, the Read-a-Thon start date, will get a special pajama day just for signing up! So check those folders and watch next week’s Deet for more information on the upcoming Spirit week.
- Denver Polar Plunge & 5K: Sunday, March 7. Registration starting at 7:30am at Washington Park. The 2021 Polar Plunge presented by Westerra Credit Union benefiting Special Olympics CO is back! Plunge and/or run in person at the Denver location or sign up for the Virtual Plunge from the comfort of your home! Visit specialolympicsco.org/plunge to register and learn how in-person events have been modified to ensure a fun and safe event for all. All funds raised benefit 15,000+ Special Olympics CO athletes (children and adults with intellectual disabilities). https://specialolympicsco.org/event/denverplunge/
- Bookmark March 9: Denver Public Library reopens nine branches for in-person services: Woo hoo! The Denver Public Library will reopen nine branches to the public (yes, you can go inside) on Tuesday, March 9. They include: Bear Valley Branch Library, Ross-Cherry Creek Branch Library, Rodolfo “Corky” Gonzales Branch Library, Green Valley Ranch Branch Library, Hampden Branch Library, Sam Gary Branch Library, Ross-University Hills Branch Library, Valdez-Perry Branch Library, and Westwood Branch Library.
- Sticky Fingers VIRTUALLY! Want your children to learn to cook? Sticky Fingers is still holding classes virtually and in person. Sticky Fingers Cooking is a home-grown Colorado company! Our dedicated, talented and creative team of Instructor Chefs have been busy cultivating ‘cool’inary curiosity for thousands of children in online classes, schools, camps, and special events since 2008. Sticky Fingers Cooking is lead by Food Geek in Chief, Erin Fletter. Erin transformed Sticky Fingers Cooking from a brick and mortar children’s cooking school to a 100% mobile cooking school in 2011. Sticky Fingers Cooking now offers hundreds of cooking classes online and throughout Colorado, Illinois, Texas and beyond. Sign up for Spring Break or Summer Camps now: StickyFingers
- Discovery Link: Need summer kid care? Sign up for Discovery Link Camps in June and July! See image and on our website for more information: Discovery Link
Important Dates to Remember
March 5 – Bradley First Friday – NO SCHOOL All Day – Teacher IB Planning Day
March 8 – 12 – Usborne Books & More Virtual Book Fair
March 11 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
March 14 – Daylight Savings Begins!
March 15-April 2 – PTO Read-a-Thon!
March 19 – Kids Heart Challenge Ends
March 23-25 – 3rd Grade CMAS Testing
March 26 – ECE ONLY – NO SCHOOL
March 29-April 2 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 5 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher IB Planning Day
April 5 – Yearbook Orders DUE!
April 7-9 – 4th Grade CMAS Testing
April 13 – Lifetouch Class Pictures & Spring Photo
April 13 – Bradley Dines Out – Chipotle @ UHills Location 4-8pm
April 13-15 – 5th Grade CMAS Testing
April 15 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
April 20-21 – 5th Grade CMAS Testing
May 28 – Last Day of School Dismissal 12:45pm
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great 3-day weekend!