News from the Nest….
- Don’t forget to order Spirit Wear from PTO by today! Get your Bradley gear for Purple Fridays!
- Our D.E.A.R. and PJ Day today was very relaxing and productive – students added so much time to their Read-a-Thon hours!
- All 5th graders taking the CMAS assessments have completed their Science tests!!! WOO HOO! Next week, 3rd & 4th graders will take the CMAS Math tests on Tuesday through Thursday.
- Science Fair Winners…CONGRATULATIONS!
- 1st Place – Autumn for Sleep Study Project
- 2nd Place – Hannah for Erosion Project
- 3rd Place – Ryder for Parachute Project
- The Egg Drop today was SO fun – our kids have crafty engineering minds!
- Eggstreme Award (Well Protected Design) – Harper
- Scrambled Award (For Gooey Mess) – Ender
- Eggcellent Award (Best Design) – Sterling
- Lunch Menu for next week: April 18-22 Lunch Menu
- IB Student Led Conferences: Save the date for IB Student Led Conferences on Thursday, May 5th! You will be receiving a Sign-Up Genius from your child’s classroom teacher in order to sign-up for a 20 minute conference. Your child will be leading the entire conference to build Student Agency (Voice, Choice & Ownership) within our IB programme. The Student Led Conferences will be held inside the individual classrooms and families will only be able to stay in the school for their specific 20 minute time slot. This is a school-wide family event held only on this date for all families. There will not be any child care available for siblings during the conferences. As a school, we are still encouraging masks and social distancing. We’re looking forward to having the students share what they have learned!
- Bradley Student Art Show: Stop by Milk & Cake between April 20th – May 4th to see the amazing pieces of art Bradley students have created with Ms. Kenney! Milk & Cake is located at 6345 E Hampden (I-25 & Hampden). Let them know you are there to check out the Bradley art work while you enjoy tasty yogurt, cupcakes and GF goodies! You could even bring a magnifying glass to find hidden surprises in each piece of art! Hope to see you there!
- Yearbook: “Yearbooks are the BEST!” “I LOVE looking at my yearbook!” These are a few quotes from students about their previous yearbooks. Yearbooks are a great way to remember the school year. Order your copy today – deadline is April 25, 2022. Go to www.treering.com/validate. Enter our school’s passcode: 1015403147971338. Create your very own 2 page layout!
- Bradley Summer Camp: Need a fun summer camp for your student(s)? We are planning our Bradley Summer Camp for the month of June (June 6th – July 1st)! All camps are run by Bradley teachers and paras AND it’s at Bradley – what could be better! Registration is available online on the Bradley website ! Registration ends May 18th!
- DPS Summer Connections 2022 (formerly Summer Academy): Summer Connections is a FREE full day, 6 week program available in all DPS regions for ALL rising 1st-5th grade students that combines literacy, math, and science. Students will engage in hands-on enrichment experiences in STEM, Art and Spark Career Exploration. Students may receive individual or small group tutoring. See Summer Connections Information. Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis and registration has been extended to April 29th!
Weekly Critical Thinking Idea for Students
- Inspire creativity: Imagination is key to teaching critical thinking for elementary students. Parents should seek out new ways for their children to use information to create something new. Art projects are an excellent way to do this. Children can also construct inventions, write a story or poem, create a game, sing a song—the sky’s the limit. (From 7 Ways to Jump Start Critical Thinking)
- Keep Recording Those Minutes! The Read-a-Thon is halfway over (ends April 22), only one more week to win prizes! Over 75% of Bradley students signed up and got to participate in pajama day today! Remember, students can win more prizes (for reading AND fundraising) like extra recess, treasure chest items, bring a stuffed animal to class, and wear a hat for the day. PLUS, the classes with the most reading minutes for each grade win a pizza party!
- PTO Meeting Notes: Thanks to everyone for attending our first in-person meeting in 2022! Please check out the April meeting notes for more details, including our upcoming needs for volunteers. Want to see older meeting details? Check out the Bradley PTO website.
- Last Chance for Bradley Spiritwear! The Bradley Spiritwear online store is open only through tonight – April 15! All orders will be shipped to the PTO and we will announce a date in May for after school order pick-up soon. Another sale will be planned for early in the 2022-23 school year. Order here: https://bradleypto.orderpromos.com/.
- Thanks for Dining Out for Bradley at Birdcall! We had a great turnout on Tuesday at Birdcall Cherry Hills. Thanks to your and Birdcall’s amazing generosity, Bradley earned $1,079.48!
- Mark your calendars now on May 12 for Modern Market Cherry Hills (3475 S University Blvd – Hampden and University) – 30% back to Bradley in-person or takeout orders from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. if you mention you are with Bradley Elementary or use Promo Code: giveback005 for online orders.
- University Hills Plaza: Be sure to visit the University Hills Spring Market Saturday April 16 from 10am-1pm at University Hills Plaza. In the usual outdoor spot with lots of the usual suspects from their summer farmers market. Everybody Must Get Scones, Dinali Mediterranean, Alyce in Flourland, Danielle’s Delicious Bites, Tamales Lady, Alicia’s Jewelry, Scarf and More, Toby’s Poboys and lots more. https://www.uhplaza.com/
- Denver Parks & Recreation: We have an exciting opportunity for students ages 15 and up to become a Lifeguard at both our indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Currently, we are paying for all applicants to get certified as a Lifeguard so long as they work for a season with us. This is a fun, dynamic work environment with flexible scheduling at 30+ Denver locations starting at $15.87 / hr. Don’t hesitate if you need more information or one of the schools wants us to come out and talk to students directly. Thanks for all the support. See attached flier.
Important Dates to Remember
April 20 – Bradley Student Art Show – Milk and Cake
April 22 – PTO Read-a-Thon ENDS
April 22 – Earth Day
April 25 – Yearbook Orders DUE
April 26 & 27 – Lost & Found Tables in Front of School
April 28 – 3rd Grade to Butterfly Pavilion
April 28 – Kindergarten to Zoo
April 29 – CMAS Testing ENDS!
April 29 – Last Day to Register for DPS Summer Connections
May 2 – Online 2022-23 Early Bird Registration OPENS
May 4 – Bradley Student Art Show at Milk and Cake ENDS
May 6 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
May 10 – 2nd Grade to Museum of Nature & Science
May 11 – 3rd Grade to Denver Art Museum
May 12 – Session 4 After School Enrichment ENDS
May 17 – 3rd Grade to Museum of Nature & Science
May 18 – Last Day to sign up for Bradley Summer Camp
May 20 – Online 2022-23 Early Bird Registration ENDS
May 26 – Ms. Laura’s Kindergarten to Children’s Museum
May 27 – ECE 4’s to Botanic Gardens
May 30 – NO SCHOOL – Memorial Day
June 1 – Field Day
June 1 – 2 – Lost and Found Tables
June 2 – 5th Grade Continuation
June 3 – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL – Dismissal 12:45
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!