News from the Nest….
- Extra recess for the Read-a-thon and Spring Break packets was a success this week! Spring fever has officially hit!
- Happy Earth Day, Earth! Ask your child what they learned this week about keeping our Earth healthy!
- Lost & Found: On Thursday and Friday, you will have the opportunity to browse through our Lost & Found collection. Please stop by the tables along Elm Street and see if you can find that missing item!
- 1st Grade 4Ocean Update: Thank you amazing Bradley families!! We ordered close to $7,000 in bracelets, water bottles, and bags from 4Ocean! This means Bradley supported 4Ocean pulling close to 700 POUNDS OF TRASH FROM THE OCEAN!! This is double our last 4Ocean project! Thank you to everyone who could participate!
- Bradley Yearbook: You have 1 week left to order your 2020-21 yearbook!! And don’t forget, you get 2 free personal pages just for your very own yearbook! Order today at www.treering.com with passcode: 1015403147971338. See attached image for a sneak peek, instructions, and QR Code to order.
- DPS Summer Learning Opportunities: In DPS, we believe it is important to keep our students learning, safe, and healthy every summer, ensuring they return to school in the fall ready to succeed. Please see more information see: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/bradley-messenger-4-23-21/
- Spirit Wear: Join us for a virtual sale of Bradley spirit wear this Saturday! Limited stock, you won’t want to miss out! Sales will be done via Facebook or email. Click on attached flyer for more details. Spirit Wear is moving completely virtual starting next school year! Help us select the items for our online store by filling out this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/77VXMMC
- Spring Family Mountain Bike Day: Saturday, April 24th at Ruby Hill Bike Park from 10:00-2:00pm. Come out and celebrate our Spring Family Mountain Biking Day featuring youth mountain bike skills courses, bike-themed games, and beginner trail rides. We’ll have a gear raffle, snacks, refreshments, and fun for all ages. Bring your friends and family for a great time in one of our beloved local parks. This is a free event hosted by Lucky to Ride, COMBA, Front Range Mountain Biking Foundation and Denver Parks and Rec, at Ruby Hill Park— 1200 W Florida Ave, Denver, CO 80223 (entrance to bike park is on the opposite side of the park on Jewell Ave.) One-hour beginner trail rides will leave at approximately 10:30 AM and 12:30 PM. Skills course and bike games will be available all day long (10 AM – 2 PM). All experience levels and ages are welcome. If you don’t have a bike, don’t worry. You can use ours! Our skilled instructors and volunteers will provide bike and helmet fittings, skills instruction and lead the rides. Please R.S.V.P. so we can plan accordingly at SpringFamilyBikeDay. Donations Recommended for this event to help us Get More Kids on Bikes! COVID-19 PROTOCOL: We will be following COVID-19 protocols set forth by the City of Denver. To find out more info please visit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17BIowCe9qVh99SO8mvnNpz17k1pxqRH1/view?usp=sharing.
- Kid’s Nature Walk: Saturday, April 24th starting at 9am at City Park boathouse. At Healthy Denver, Inc. (HDI) we are committed to providing resources to ensure that EVERYONE can reach their optimal health – body, mind, and spirit. This local City Park nature walk, led by Sharon Thompson, Executive Director of HDI hits all three! We will meet at the boathouse at 9:00 am and start the two-mile loop around Patriot Lake. This is a local scenic route with ducks, birds, the Denver Zoo, and the Museum of Nature & Science. We look forward to seeing you there! Please email Info@healthydenverinc.com with any questions.
- Discovery Link: Need summer kid care? Sign up for Discovery Link Camps in June and July! See image and on our website for more information: Discovery Link
Important Dates to Remember
April 29 – PTO Spirit Wear Pick Up 2:45-3:45pm (Bradley Front Entrance)
April 30 – Yearbook Orders DUE! (New Due Date!)
May 3 – PTO Bradley Dines Out – BurgerIM UPlaza
May 18 – 5th Grade Balarat Field Trip – Ms. Grotegut’s class
May 19 – 5th Grade Balarat Field Trip – Ms. Cress & Ms. Kane (Earle)’s class
May 21 – 5th Grade Exhibition
May 26 – Field Day
May 27 – 5th Grade Continuation
May 28 – Last Day of School Dismissal 12:45pm
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!