News from the Nest….
- Fire Marshal Joyce started the week off right with a smooth fire drill on Monday! Great job Fire Marshal Joyce!
- Thank you to everyone who dropped by the Lost & Found tables this week! We are glad many of the missing items found their homes again!
- Next week is Teacher Appreciation week! Show your teachers MAJOR appreciation for an unprecedented school year!
- Also next week we’ll have a SPIRIT DAY! Tuesday, May the 4th is STAR WARS DAY!! Wear your favorite out of this galaxy gear!
- Bradley Yearbook: EXTENDED DUE DATE! There’s one more weekend to order – Final Due date is Monday, May 3rd! Order and complete your personalized free 2 pages for your 2020-21 yearbook!! Order today at TreeRing with passcode: 1015403147971338.
- May Menus: Please find the May 2021 Breakfast and Lunch menus MayMenus
- Library Books!! Attention ALL Bradley Families! As we wind down the school year, we are actively collecting all of our library books. Every Sunday please look for an email from our library system to let you know if your student has any late or missing library books. We lost quite a few library books last spring and are hoping to recover all our missing books as soon as we can! Please return any library books that may still be at home. If your student has lost any library books, the district-mandated charges are $20.00 for a replacement. Another option is, you may purchase a NEW copy of the SAME book (hard cover please) to give to our library. This is often a more cost-friendly option. Thank you! Ms. Distel, Teacher Librarian @ Bradley
- DPS Summer Learning Opportunities: In DPS, we believe it is important to keep our students learning, safe, and healthy every summer, ensuring they return to school in the fall ready to succeed. Please see more information see: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/bradley-messenger-4-23-21/
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week: May 3-7 NEXT WEEK is Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week! Our Bradley teachers and staff have worked so hard to keep our kids safe, accommodate all families and make this year a learning success. Let’s flood their desks with cards, kind notes and thoughtful messages. Work with your students this weekend to write thank you notes to your teachers and deliver them next week.
- PTO will be providing a week of wellness to the teachers and staff with a healthy boxed lunch, a barista-made coffee, afternoon snacks and a few surprises along the way.
- Bradley Dines Out at the new burger joint – BurgerIM in the University Hills Plaza! Join us on Monday, May 3rd from 3:00-8:00pm for a yummy meal! BurgerIM is giving back 30% of the sales for this fundraiser! Hope to see you there! BurgerIM Menu
- Guide to Summer Camps in the Denver Area: KidsOutAndAbout’s Denver area 2021 summer camp guide for kids! Pick the dates you want to explore on our calendar and see what summer camps are available. Hundreds of local summer camps: day camps, overnight camps, sports, drama, music, theatre, arts & crafts, technology, robotics, horseback riding, preschool, & more! More information: Kidsoutandabout.com
- Discovery Link: Need summer kid care? Sign up for Discovery Link Camps in June and July! See image and on our website for more information: Discovery Link
Important Dates to Remember
May 3 – PTO Bradley Dines Out – BurgerIM UPlaza
May 4 – STAR WARS DAY!!!! The force is strong at this school!
May 18 – 5th Grade Balarat Field Trip – all classes!
May 21 – 5th Grade Exhibition
May 26 – Field Day
May 27 – 5th Grade Continuation
May 28 – Last Day of School Dismissal 12:45pm
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!