News from the Nest….
- This week was a battle on the basketball courts! Faculty vs. 4th grade was on Tuesday and the students came up a little short. The Faculty vs. 3rd grade was today! 3rd Graders beat the faculty team today! What a showdown of basketball skills this week!
- Read-a-Thon Prizes and Winners were announced today! Read-a-Thon and Spring Break HW packets completion: Extra recess will occur next week when the weather cooperates!
- 4th Grade CMAS testing went smoothly this week! 5th Grade will complete CMAS English Language Arts (ELA) on Tuesday and Wednesday. Any 5th Graders who opted to take the Math assessment as well, will test on Wednesday and Thursday.
- DATE CHANGE – LIFETOUCH CLASS & SPRING PICTURE DAY on Monday, April 12th: Class Pictures will be taken outside on the front steps. Students will be able to take their masks off for the class pictures. If you are not comfortable with this option, please let your child’s teacher know. Individual pictures will be taken in the auditorium with social distancing while waiting their turn. Virtual students: Your teacher will let you know times for individual and class picture times. If you can’t make the individual picture time, you should be able to drop by any time between 9:00am – 3:00pm to have your student’s pictures taken. All students should have pictures taken for the yearbook and for their online school records, even if you are not purchasing separate photos. See the tentative schedule: Lifetouch Spring 2021. We will send a reminder on Sunday evening!
- First Grade TAKES ACTION! First grade is taking action to help 4ocean with their mission to clean up ocean pollution. We will be selling certain 4ocean items; bracelets, chico bags, water bottles, masks and mask frames. 4ocean has given us a wonderful discount (1/2 off original price) to help create excitement here at Bradley. Each item sold will pull one pound of trash out of the ocean or off the coastlines around the world. As part of our action, we would like to sell these bracelets and 4ocean products the week of April 12th– 16th. Please help our first graders and make a difference in cleaning up the world’s oceans. You will find a description of items available and an order form to purchase items on the Bradley website, please be sure to write your student’s name and teacher on the order form. All items must be paid for with CASH ONLY. No checks or credit cards. Find the order form in your Friday folders or here: Order Forms
- 5th Grade CMAS: April 13-15, 5th Graders will be taking their ELA CMAS tests. If you would like your student to opt-out of the ELA CMAS testing, please fill out the Opt-Out Form and return to the main office on April 12th. If you would like to opt into the MATH CMAS testing, please let Mrs. Maggio know at Karen_Maggio@dpsk12.org. If your student is taking the CMAS tests, please make sure that you arrive on time to school, have a protein packed/substantial breakfast and plenty of rest the night before. If you are opting out of testing, your student will need to stay home and complete Seesaw assignments; we do not have the capacity to continue to social distance and keep to cohorts. If you have a virtual student who will be coming to school to take the CMAS tests, please arrive on time. Your teacher will send you the times for pick up and drop off.
- 2021-22 Bell Time Changes: Next year, Bradley’s bell times will be 8:15am-3:15pm. We will continue to update you on specifics before the start of the new school year.
- Bradley Dines Out at Chipotle (UHills – 2760 S. Colorado Blvd) this Tuesday, April 13 from 4-8 p.m. Bradley will receive 33% of all orders placed online 8WJQM8D or in the store between 4 and 8 pm. Remember to tell the cashier you are with Bradley!! See flyer: Chipotle Fundraiser Flyer April 2021
- Bradley PTO is looking for a new TREASURER. Knowledge of basic accounting skills is needed along with traits of reliability and honesty. Time requirement is around 3 hours a month (including monthly meetings). Interested? Fill out this brief form: https://forms.gle/ya3D4kAk7p3kWfCQ7.
- PTO General Meeting and Board Elections. Join us for the last general meeting of the year on Thursday, April 15 at 7 p.m. Zoom Meeting ID 837 8257 7599 Password is bradley. Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83782577599?pwd=TllVMlN1UTZZdUhNd09EakVLN2xIQT09
- Read-a-Thon: Please see separate SchoolDeet/SchoolMessenger with winning information for the Read-a-Thon.
- Family Nature Adventure Days: These FREE drop-in style programs will be held each Saturday! There will be activities, crafts, scavenger hunts, kids’ equipment to borrow for exploration hikes. Select Saturdays will have special guests such as Nature’s Educators and other community members. Times differ each Saturday so be sure to check the individual event to know the time for that week! Bluff Lake Nature Center, 11255 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Denver, CO 80238. More information: Bluff Lake Nature Center
- Discovery Link: Need summer kid care? Sign up for Discovery Link Camps in June and July! See image and on our website for more information: Discovery Link
Important Dates to Remember
April 13 – Lifetouch Class Pictures & Spring Photo
April 13 – Bradley Dines Out – Chipotle @ UHills Location 4-8pm
April 13-15 – 5th Grade CMAS Testing
April 15 – PTO General Meeting (Zoom) 7:00pm
April 30 – Yearbook Orders DUE! (New Due Date!)
May 18 – 5th Grade Balarat Field Trip – Ms. Grotegut’s class
May 19 – 5th Grade Balarat Field Trip – Ms. Cress & Ms. Kane (Earle)’s class
May 21 – 5th Grade Exhibition
May 27 – 5th Grade Continuation
May 28 – Last Day of School Dismissal 12:45pm
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!