News from the Nest….
- Bradley had a FANTASTIC first week of school! It was so great to finally “see” our students, classes and friends again!
- ECE 3s & 4s half day and full day programs are scheduled to begin regular, in-person school at Bradley on September 14th. Look for more information from ECE teachers soon!
- District Technical Support 720.423.3163; Bradley Attendance 720.424.9398; Bradley Main Office 720.424.9468; Back To School Links
- Annual Family Update: Please complete the Annual Family Update as soon as possible! Instructions are on our website: BradleyAnnualFamilyUpdate
- Attention 4th Grade Parents and Students! Would you like free access to any National Park for an entire year!?! Every Kid Outdoors is a program sponsored through the Department of Interior and provides a FREE pass to 4th grade students and their families for entry into hundreds of parks, lands or waters. The program runs from Sept. 1, 2020 to Aug. 31, 2021 and getting your pass is easy! Go to https://everykidoutdoors.gov and follow the steps.
- Bradley PTO’s Backpack Program: Backpack Program is a PTO program that provides a food bag to Bradley families that are in need of food for the weekend. The Backpack Program will provide a bag of nutritious food for our families that request it during remote learning and throughout the school year. Families can now fill out a form online Bradley Backpack Sign Up and bags will be available for pickup on Fridays starting in mid-September. If you have questions please contact your student’s teacher or Susan Scovell and Marta Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to volunteer, please let Susan know too! We need volunteers to help pack the bags, pick up Food Bank items, and organize each week. Thank you!
- Welcome Back, Bradley Parents! PTO started the school year supporting our students and teachers by purchasing 500 white boards and dry erase markers for grades K-5; funding a 2020 Virtual Learning Grant that distributed $100 to all teachers to assist with purchasing of online curriculum and learning materials; and closing out 4 Donor’s Choose projects. We also gave all teachers/staff a fun back-to-school gift. While we anticipate some differences in how we raise money this year, a consistent source of fundraising will be from our community rewards programs. Each company gives money to Bradley based on your purchase(s) and at no additional cost to you! Signing up is easy and fast, simply take one minute and follow these steps:
- AmazonSmile – Sync your Amazon account to Bradley PTO (Denver, CO) and check out through smile.amazon.com. **NEW** AmazonSmile linkage is now available on the iPhone Amazon App, link via your app settings.
- King Soopers – Register your loyalty card at www.kingsoopers.com. Go to the “Community Rewards” tab, locate Bradley PTO with code DF359 and select “Enroll.”
- BoxTops – Now all digital, no more clipping! Receipts are scanned using the Box Tops App. To enroll visit https://www.boxtops4education.com, click on “Enroll Now” or “Set Up My Account.”
Discovery Link has availability at Bradley! Discovery Link is offering child care to include remote learning support for school-based DPS staff and DPS families from August 17 – October 16, 8:00 a.m.-noon. Registration window opened on 8/24 at 6:00 a.m. for daycare starting 9/8-10/16. We acknowledge that this is a trying time for all of our families. We want nothing more than to be back with your kids. We promise to keep you updated in this ever-changing environment. Waiver that must be signed for children to participate 8/24-10/16: Renuncia que debe ser firmada para que los niños participen 8/24-10/16; Discovery Link Remote Learning Support Guide 8/24-10/16; Guia de Apoyo para el Aprendizaje de Distancia 8/24-10/16 For new families who have yet to enroll, please email email@example.com to understand the next steps.
Important Dates to Remember
September 7 – No School – Labor Day
September 14 – First day of school (in-person) for ECE 3’s & 4’s
September 28 – No School – Teacher Work Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a wonderful, Fall-like weekend!