News from the Nest….
- Ask your child/children about our lunchtime New Friend Fridays!
- Don’t forget PICTURE DAY is Tuesday, September 14th
- Just a reminder that After School Enrichments (3:30-4:30) start next week!
- School Lunch: School lunch and breakfast is free again this year! If your student brings in a cold lunch from home and they want a milk, milk is $.50. If a student would like an extra or 2 hot lunches, the extra lunch is $2.00. Students will have to bring cash for these items each day or time they want milk or extra lunch.
- Student Technology Agreement: Find the technology agreement in your student’s Friday Folder this week. Please read over this with your student and sign and return it to your teacher Monday, September 13th.
- Attendance Phone Number: If your student is going to miss or be late, please call the Attendance Line directly at 720-424-9398. Leave the reason your student is out or will be late, your name and a phone number.
- Lifetouch Pictures are Tuesday! Get your smiles ready for picture day on Tuesday, September 14th. Order your pictures online at https://lifetouch.com/ and use Picture Day ID: EVTVB9Z4B
- IB Parent Information Night – Virtual: September 23rd at 6:00 pm – All families are invited to attend in order to learn more about the PYP at Bradley and our community of learners! See flyer for more information and to Sign Up!
- Bradley First Dines Out – Thursday, September 16th, Chick-fil-A @ University Hills location from 4:00-7:00pm. We are excited for our first Dines Out of the year!! Don’t forget to tell your teammates, neighbors and family members! We hope you can take a night off cooking and enjoy some Chick-fil-A! What is a Dine Out?? The PTO coordinates a dining night at a community restaurant for our school. When the evening is over, the restaurant donates a percentage of the sales back to the PTO! The PTO uses that money for classrooms and teacher needs. It’s an easy way to raise money for Bradley PTO!
- Spiritwear Update: An online store for Spiritwear is COMING SOON!! Instead of in-person sales we will be offering an online store that will have more options and all sizes. Once the online store is open, you will have two weeks to place orders. All items will be shipped to Bradley and we will have an item pick-up after school.
- FUN RUN is back! The Bradley PTO is excited to host this year’s Fun Run on Friday, October 1, 2021. The Fun Run is for any and all students to participate! Students get an exciting day to spend with their grade, the satisfaction of running as many laps as they can in 20 minutes (during their Specials time), and free snacks and prizes! The Fun Run is a pledge-based fundraiser for the PTO – start telling family, friends, neighbors, anyone about the Fun Run and ask for pledges (either set dollar amounts or a dollar amount for each lap your student runs). Pledge envelopes with more details will be going home next Friday, Sept. 17! And mark your calendars – the Fun Run Pep Rally for students will be held Friday, Sept. 24.
- Fun Run – Volunteers Needed The PTO is looking for volunteers to help with the Fun Run on October 1 – whether you can help for 45 minutes or the entire day, we want your help! Please complete the volunteer interest form and you will be contacted: https://forms.gle/NKKFKDVCLrExWgZd7.
- PTO Meetings Scheduling Survey The PTO would like your input in helping us to plan the best time and method for our monthly meetings (first Thursday every month) – please complete this short survey as soon as possible: https://forms.gle/RXeuXkPLgnHKQw5d6.
- Denver Department of Transportation & Infrastructure: The following work is scheduled to begin mid-week (week of September 7th) and will require the closure of the intersection of E. Eastman Avenue and S. Glencoe Street, as well as a lane closure on S. Holly Street just north of E. Eastman Avenue: Crews will begin installation of the underground stormwater quality vaults (“Carlsonators”) on E. Eastman Avenue at S. Glencoe Street and on S. Holly Street just north of E. Eastman Avenue. During this time:
- The intersection of E. Eastman Avenue and S. Glencoe Street will be closed to through traffic.
- Residents in the project area are advised to follow detour and other instructional signs while construction is underway.
- Access to homes will be maintained during construction.
- One lane of traffic will be maintained on S. Holly Street while construction is occurring.
- Access to homes will be maintained during this time.
- Flaggers will be onsite. Travelers are urged to exercise caution when in or near the project area.
- Installation of the Carlsonators is expected to last approximately three weeks.
- Cub Scouts Pack 5 is looking for kids from k to 5th grade interested in learning life skills! In the Cub Scout program, we learn about everything from setting up tents for camping to how to build robots! We meet weekly on Tuesdays, from 6:30-7:30 at University Park United Methodist Church, located at S University and E Warren Ave. For more information, please call Cubmaster Steve at 720-291-6607, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! See attached flyer!
Important Dates to Remember
September 13 – Session 1 After School Enrichment Begins
September 14 – Lifetouch Picture Day
September 16 – Bradley Dines Out – Chick-fil-A 4:00-7:00pm
September 23 – IB Parent Information Night – Virtual – 6:00pm
September 27 – NO SCHOOL – District Teacher Planning Day
October 1 – Official DPS October Count – all students present
October 13-14- Parent Teacher Conferences
October 15 – Bradley NO SCHOOL
October 18 – NO SCHOOL – District Teacher Planning Day
October 19 – Bradley Dines Out – Birdcall Cherry Hills – All Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!