News from the Nest….
- After school enrichments were so much fun this week! We are enjoying having kids in camps after school again!
- Please remember to write your child’s first and last names on all personal items: water bottles, lunch boxes, jackets, etc. If their name is on these items, we can easily return them if missing. Please do this before the weather changes!
- Thanks to everyone who made it to Chick-fil-A last night! What a turn-out! YUM!
- IB Parent Information Night – Virtual: Thursday, September 23rd at 6:00 pm – All families are invited to attend in order to learn more about the PYP at Bradley and our community of learners! See flyer for more information and to Sign Up!
- Social Emotional School Screenings: Our school is implementing a universal social and emotional screening to look at how students are progressing in their social and emotional development. Your student’s teacher will be answering questions regarding their students’ social and emotional well-being. If you have any questions, please contact Zachary Martin, School Psychologist (email@example.com) or Kendra Long, School Psychologist Intern (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Lifetouch Pictures went well! If you still need to order photos, you can do that online at https://lifetouch.com/ and use Picture Day ID: EVTVB9Z4B.
- October Count Day: October 1st: October Count Day with DPS is very important for Bradley. Please try to have your student attend on Friday, October 1st.
- Get Your Purple Friday Spiritwear! The Bradley SPIRITWEAR Online Store is LIVE: You can now view and purchase Spiritwear online! The site will be available for orders for two weeks, through October 1. Your orders will be shipped to the PTO and we will host an after school order pick-up (date TBD). We estimate that orders will be delivered by the end of October. Have fun shopping! Website: https://bradleypto.orderpromos.com/
- Fun Run – Check Your Friday Folders! The Bradley PTO is excited about the upcoming Fun Run on Friday, October 1, 2021! Pledge time – check your student’s purple Friday Folder for their individual fundraising envelope. Next steps: 1) Between now and Oct. 1, gather as many pledges as you can from family, friends, neighbors, anyone! You can ask for set dollar amounts or a pledged amount for each lap your student runs. 2) Students will turn in their envelopes with pledges written on the back on the day of the Fun Run, no money is needed at this time. 3) Students have a blast running and laps are counted for each student. 4) Envelopes will be returned so students can collect the money. 5) Students bring the envelopes with the money and turn into their teacher within two weeks. 6) Bradley benefits from the money raised!
- Fun Run – Volunteers Needed. If you are interested in helping with the Fun Run please complete the Volunteer SignUp and select all time slots you are available: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080B4BABAE2AA6F94-funrun.
- DPS Discovery Link: There is no school on Monday September 27th. Do you need childcare this day?? If so, Discovery Link is offering A Day in Space camp. It’s $45 per student and the hours are 7:00am-5:30pm. You will have the opportunity to engage in teacher led, social-emotional academic learning in a safe environment. See attached flyer to register and for more information.
- Farm Fest: The Urban Farm; September 18th: 9:00-1:00pm; FREE: Join us down on the farm for a FREE family fun event with kids crafts, animal demos, live music, and food trucks. Farm Animal Demos – Join us throughout the day in our chicken coop, goat & sheep pen, and rabbit hutch with our farm educators. Learn about our animals, and have the chance to get up close and personal with our furry and feathered friends. https://www.theurbanfarm.org/event-calendar/farm-fest-2021
- Pumpkin Harvest Festival: 4 Mile Historic Park: October 1-3rd: Start off the fall season with a pumpkin festival. There will be art, tractor rides, pumpkin patch, instrument petting zoo, marketplace, build your own scarecrow, ax throwing and inventing room. See the flyer in your student’s Friday Folder.
- Cub Scouts Pack 5 is looking for kids from k to 5th grade interested in learning life skills! In the Cub Scout program, we learn about everything from setting up tents for camping to how to build robots! We meet weekly on Tuesdays, from 6:30-7:30 at University Park United Methodist Church, located at S University and E Warren Ave. For more information, please call Cubmaster Steve at 720-291-6607, or email us at email@example.com! See attached flyer.
Important Dates to Remember
September 23 – IB Parent Information Night – Virtual – 6:00pm
September 27 – NO SCHOOL – District Teacher Planning Day
October 1 – Official DPS October Count – all students present
October 1 – PTO Fun Run Event
October 13-14- Parent Teacher Conferences
October 15 – Bradley NO SCHOOL
October 18 – NO SCHOOL – District Teacher Planning Day
October 19 – Bradley Dines Out – Birdcall Cherry Hills – All Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a great weekend!