News from the Nest….
- ECE had a fantastic first week of in-person learning!
- I’m sure that, like me, you are getting tired of hearing what extraordinary times we are living through. But one of the things that helps, are the examples of ordinary normalcy that children bring into our lives. Here are a few observed over the past week at Bradley…
- 3rd grade students performing in a virtual talent show with singing, piano playing, basketball skills, karate moves and more!
- The sound of ECE children laughing and screaming with joy outside on the playground playing with bubbles and having outdoor picnics at lunch!
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade In Person will begin September 29th! Join your teacher for a Zoom Return to School Night for an orientation on September 23rd at 6:00pm.
- Join Mr. Wera for a Townhall on Thursday, Sept. 24th at 6:00pm. The Zoom link will be sent to you Wednesday in a special mid-week SchoolDeet/SchoolMessenger.
- Pandemic EBT program: Pandemic EBT, or P-EBT, provides families with children eligible for free or reduced-price school meals and who attend a school participating in the National School Lunch Program with funds to help purchase food. This benefit is being distributed because students missed essential meals while schools were closed due to the pandemic this spring. Families can receive up to $279 per eligible child to supplement their food budget, regardless of immigration status. Households that were receiving SNAP during the months of March, April, and May may not need to take any action; their P-EBT benefits may have automatically been loaded onto the EBT card they already have. Families with eligible children who did not receive SNAP during those months or who did not receive the automatic payment need to apply online to receive this benefit. The deadline to apply is September 23rd. Visit coloradopeak.force.com/PEBT to learn more and apply for P-EBT. Any questions, please contact Taylor Cohn, Council Aide, Marketing & Communications with Councilwoman Kendra Black at 720-337-4444 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bradley Dines Out – Chipotle: Foil your dinner plans and stop by the Chipotle at 2760 S Colorado Blvd Unit M in Denver for our fundraiser on Wednesday, September 23 from 4:00pm – 8:00pm. We’re raising money to support Bradley International PTO, so just download a flyer from the link below or mention the fundraiser at checkout and they’ll donate 33% of the proceeds to the cause! Chipotle-Online-Fundraiser-Instructions
- PTO Meeting Minutes: Minutes from last week’s PTO meetings can be found on our website: http://bit.ly/ptominutes PTO wants to get to know you! Will you take a minute to fill out our parent contact form? http://bit.ly/bradleyform Thanks!
- SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, November 7 – Bradley PTO Virtual Auction. Stay tuned for a time and details to be released in the coming weeks.
- Conserva Irrigation: Bradley parent, Nicole Hobby and her lawn care business, Conserva Irrigation, have designed a special offer for Bradley families! Schedule your winterization service (standard cost is $80) with Conserva Irrigation and Nicole will donate $10 to Bradley PTO. Get on the schedule by calling Conserva at 303-479-3355 or visiting www.conserva irrigation.com.
- Clothes to Kids Denver: COVID-19 SERVICE CHANGE: WE ARE NOT REQUIRING A REFERRAL OR PROOF OF AUTOMATIC QUALIFICATION AT THIS TIME. Please call us to make an appointment if the students in your household meet our Basic Eligibility Requirements listed: https://clothestokidsdenver.org/referral-process/
Fall Festival/Pumpkin Patch: Join us on our spacious 35 acre farm during our annual Fall Festival/Pumpkin Patch/Corn Maze. Fly down the zip lines, eat plenty of donuts, pick a pumpkin, and enjoy pig races to name a few of the many family fun fall activities here at Lone Creek Farms. Find out more information: LoneCreekFarms
- Handmade in Colorado Expo: September 18-20, 2020 at Skyline Park, Denver. 13th annual art event held over three weekends at three different venues, showcasing various creations from Colorado artists. More information: UncoverColorado
- Colorado Fall Colors: Take a drive to the mountains this weekend to enjoy the changing of the leaves! See the best areas to visit this week and during September and October: 9News
Important Dates to Remember
September 23 – Kindergarten & 1st Grade Back in Person Zoom Meeting 6:00pm
September 23 – Bradley Dines Out – Chipotle 4:00-8:00pm – Online order code: V3H2FXF (see attached flyer)
September 24 – Mr. Wera’s Townhall – 6:00pm via Zoom
September 28 – No School – Teacher Work Day
September 29 – Kindergarten and 1st Grades Return to School (in-person)
October 14 – 2nd & 5th Grades Return to School Zoom Meeting 6:00pm
October 15 – Bradley Dines Out – Chili’s
October 19 – No School – Teacher Planning Day
October 20 – No School – Teacher Planning Day
October 21 – 2nd-5th Grades Return to School (in-person)
November 3 – Lifetouch Picture Day
November 10 – Bradley Dines Out – Bagel Deli
December 15 – Lifetouch Make Up Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a wonderful weekend!