News from the Nest….
- Reminder, No School on Monday, September 28th – Teacher Planning Day
- We are so excited to have Kindergarten and 1st Grade returning to in person learning on Tuesday, September 29th!!!
- Thank you to everyone who made it to Chipotle for our first Dines Out of the school year on Wednesday! It was a great turnout!
- October Count is October 1st! Please make sure your child logs in, completes an assignment, checks in with the classroom teacher on this day. We need attendance for everyone on October 1st for school funding.
* See below in School News for at-home Paraent Health Screeners, as well as arrival and dismissal procedures link.
- 1st Grade will have School Supply drop off on Monday, September 28th from 9-10am. Teachers will be at the main entrance on Elm to collect supplies. Find the school supply list on our Bradley website: SchoolSupplyLists.
- Bradley School Calendar: We have attached the updated 2020-21 School Year calendar for Bradley. Please see the attached calendar. You can also find this on our Bradley website.
- New Return to School Hours: Bradley School hours will be 9:00am-3:00pm when students return to in person learning. Drop off will be between 8:30-9:00am. Dismissal is at 3:00pm. Students will be responsible for a 30 minute asynchronous block at home each night. Your teacher will give you guidance on their expectations.
- COVID-19 Screening Guidance for Students: Anyone entering a DPS building (school or other), including students, MUST show evidence of completing and passing a health screening. Students are encouraged to complete their passive screening at home. Students who participate in a PASSIVE screening at home daily prior to coming into school will share evidence of health screening as they arrive at school. Evidence of health screening can be done in a variety of ways including printing the attached form OR using the Safe Access web tool when available from the district. Students will also have their temperature checked at school upon arrival. Parent Health Screener Students who have not completed the passive screening process at home will need to be screened for symptoms upon entering the building, including a temperature check at the ACTIVE screening area by a designated staff member. Keep in mind that when used outside, thermometer readings may vary depending on the outdoor temperature. Detailed COVID-19 Screening Guidance for Students can be found here. Please note that the Safe Access web tool students can use for screening is expected to launch Sept. 28, and there will be a user guide available at that time. Students/parents/guardians will use their ID number/lunch number to log in.
- Please see the pick up and drop off map on the Bradley website: K-1st Grade Pick Up & Drop Off Procedures
- Reminder to Encourage Your Families To Complete Meal Benefits Applications You may have heard the USDA has extended meal benefits waivers through Dec. 31, which means all students and Denver youth, 18 years and under, may receive free meals at various DPS schools and bus meal delivery sites. It is critical that we continue to encourage families to complete the school meal application by Oct. 1, because DPS receives Title 1 funding based on participation and families qualify for additional benefits, including free or reduced meals when this waiver expires. Each year a family must complete the application to qualify for the current school year.
- Thank you to everyone who purchased dinner from Chipotle this week. Together we raised $441!!!
- Our next Bradley PTO General Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 8 at 7 p.m. A Zoom link will be shared next week.
- PTO’s Virtual Auction on Saturday, November 7, will be a festive family friendly fundraiser. PTO is putting together a fun video to play during the event and needs submissions from our families!! Can you email (bradleyibpto@gmail) a short video of your child sharing what they love most about Bradley? Thank you!!!
- CDOT’s Car Seats Colorado Safety Information: Every day in Colorado, parents and caregivers travel with children in their vehicles. While some children are buckled in properly — many are not, if they are buckled up at all. Car crashes are a leading cause of death in children under 13, but many of these tragedies can be prevented. This week is national Child Passenger Safety Week, and Car Seats Colorado is offering tips and reminding parents to make sure their children are riding safely at all times. Please find more information on our Bradley website: Car Seats Colorado
- Botanic Garden’s Chatfield Corn Maze is OPEN: Get lost in our 7-acre Corn Maze at Chatfield Farms. Pumpkins from the pumpkin patch will be available for purchase in October only. Wind your way through seven acres of corn. The maze can be viewed from two 15-foot tall illuminated bridges. Visitors under the age of 10 can explore the corn mini-maze. In October, pick the perfect pumpkin from the 10-acre pumpkin patch. https://www.botanicgardens.org/
- Discovery Link AM/PM Program Registration is OPEN!! Kindergarten and First Grade students are back for In-Person learning on September 29th and Discovery Link is open to support you! Our family friendly Family Managed Calendar allows you to choose the days that you need program with step by step tutorials and the option to ADD & REMOVE DAYS up to 6pm the day before! Please choose your AM/PM programming by using the selected links: New Family Registration; New Family Registration Spanish: Family Managed Calendar. Find more information on the Bradley website at: Discovery Link Info
- Scouts 2020-21: Elementary Boys and Girls, Cub Scout Pack 5 Denver is looking for new members. Enjoy activities like: Outdoor Camping and Hiking, STEM Activities, Outdoor and hands-on skills, Merit Awards, Community Service Projects, Summer Activities, and many more. Contact Cubmaster Steve Giampaolo at 720-291-6607 (email@example.com) or Committee Chair Freddie Tsao at 832-465-1432 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or look for their page on Facebook “Cub Scout Pack 5 Denver.”
Important Dates to Remember
September 28 – No School – Teacher Planning Day
September 29 – Kindergarten and 1st Grade Return to School (in-person)
October 1 – DPS October Count (Attendance Mandatory)
October 14 – 2nd – 5th Grades & AN Virtual Return to School Night Meeting 6:00pm
October 15 – Bradley Dines Out – Chili’s
October 16 – No School – Fall Break
October 19 – No School – DPS Professional Learning Day
October 20 – No School – Teacher Planning Day
October 21 – 2nd -5th Grades & AN Return to School (in-person)
November 4 – Parent Teacher Conferences (via Zoom)
November 5 – Parent Teacher Conferences (via Zoom)
November 6 – End of First Term
November 7 – PTO Virtual Auction
November 3 – Lifetouch Picture Day
November 10 – Bradley Dines Out – Bagel Deli
November 23-27 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
December 15 – Lifetouch Make Up Day
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a wonderful weekend!