News from the Nest….
- Remember, No School October 16th, 19th and 20th. These are Teacher Planning and Professional Work Days. There will be no in-person or virtual school on these dates.
- Notes and slideshow from tonight‘s Town Hall will be posted on the Bradley website under the Return to School Info tab.
- 2nd-5th grades & AN students can return to in-person learning on Wednesday, October 21st! We are excited to have all grade levels back in-person. Please be patient with us as we work through the logistics of returning to school. Please look at the link for Arrival & Dismissal Location Maps and parking for specific grade levels.
- For all in person students, the Safe Access Screener Web Tool is now available to use at or prior to arrival. You can use the web tool instead of the Health Screening paper copy. Please know that the Safe Access web tool can be translated into multiple languages. The Student Safe Access Health Screener Instructions are available if you need assistance.
- ECE 4s celebrated fall this week by creating their very, own Bradley pumpkin patch! The students enjoyed being able to choose a pumpkin and decorate it!
- Lifetouch Picture Day is coming soon! Get your smiles ready for November 3rd all day. Order online or with paper copy which will be coming home in Friday Folders soon. Go to Lifetouch.com and enter the school Picture Day ID: EVTPVN3F8.
- Channel your inner crossing guard! Volunteers are needed the morning of Wednesday, Oct. 21 (8:15-9:00 am) to help direct traffic flow at grade level drop off sites as grades 2-5 return for in-person learning. Visit http://bit.ly/bradleytraffic for details and to sign up.
- PTO Fundraising Fact Sheet – Curious how PTO raises money and where we allocate funds? Check out our info sheet: http://bit.ly/whoispto2020
- Minutes from our October general meeting are available here https://bit.ly/ptominutes
- UHills Halloween Suggestions: Hello neighbors! Here’s our plan for a fun and safe Halloween, we hope you’ll join us! Choose a safe way to hand out candy. Here are some great ideas: Build a candy chute! (Ideas and instructions: Candy Slide, Candy Chute, Handrail Slide) Attach candy to sticks and put them up in your yard. Use trees or structures to put up a clothesline and hang candy with clothes pins! Print the attached sign and post it in your yard or a window. This will let your neighbors know that you’ll be handing out candy safely. Let UHNA know that you’ll be handing out candy by emailing us at email@example.com. We’ll build a google map to share with the neighborhood. Please let us know no later than October 26! Happy Halloween neighbors!
- Trunk or Treat Street at Thomas Jefferson High School: Join the high schoolers as they put together their 8th Annual Trunk or Treat Street for Bradley and surrounding elementary schools. This year looks a little different, but will be just as much fun! See their flyer for more information: Trunk or Treat Street
- Yellow Design Stunt Team BMX Skills Camp: Join the world famous Yellow Design Stunt Team as they teach kids basic to advanced skills on their BMX bikes. Details: Denver Skate Park, October 24th from 10:00am-3:00pm, ages 8+, and lunch is included! Sign up: YellowDesignsCamp
Important Dates to Remember
October 15 – Bradley Dines Out – Chili’s – CANCELLED
October 15 – Mr. Wera’s Town Hall 5:00pm
October 16 – No School – Fall Break
October 17 – End of First Term (DPS date changed)
October 19 – No School – DPS Professional Learning Day
October 20 – No School – Teacher Planning Day
October 21 – 2nd -5th Grades & AN Return to School (in-person)
October 27 – Bradley Dines Out – Chick-fil-A 4:00-7:00pm
October 30 – School-wide Pumpkin Carving Contest & Thriller Dance
October 30 – Trunk or Treat Street at Thomas Jefferson High School 4:00-6:00pm
November 1 – Time Change – Fall Back 1 hour
November 3 – Lifetouch Picture Day (Picture Day ID: EVTPVN3F8)
November 4 – Parent Teacher Conferences (via Zoom)
November 5 – Parent Teacher Conferences (via Zoom)
November 7 – PTO Virtual Auction
November 10 – Bradley Dines Out – Bagel Deli
November 23-27 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
November 26 – UHills Turkey Trot 5K Community Event
December 15 – Lifetouch Make Up Day
December 21 – January 4 – No School -Winter Break
Visit the Bradley website for more information and more important dates: https://bradley.dpsk12.org/
Have a wonderful weekend!