- Reminder: NO SCHOOl MONDAY – January 15th for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Bradley Parking & Traffic: Please continue to be aware of NO PARKING areas. Please do not park in the Kiss N Go zone, bus zone, or the handicap zone without a permit. Buses need to get to their zone to safely pick up students. Please do not park in front of driveways.
- PTO Read-a-Thon: Today kicked off the PTO Read-a-Thon! We are so excited for all the books we can read! See below for more information.
- School Choice 2024-25: Open Choice Enrollment Round 1 opened January 11, 2024 at 10:00am. All ECE families have to submit a Choice Application. 5th grade families should submit a choice application if they are trying to attend a middle school that is not their boundary school.
- Denver Preschool Showcase: The Preschool Showcase will return on January 20, 2023, from 9am – 12 pm at the Denver Zoo in the Gates Building. This signature DPP event is expected to draw hundreds of Denver families as it provides a free, one-stop opportunity for families to directly connect with local preschools and early childhood resources while offering a variety of fun kids’ activities. Calling all Denver families with current or future preschoolers. You’re invited to a fun, free and convenient way to learn more about your preschool options and the tuition support available to every Denver family through the Denver Preschool Program (DPP). The Preschool Showcase provides an easy way for you to meet and ask questions of preschool staff and directors from dozens of local preschools. You can also learn more about how to lower your monthly tuition payments, all in one place. This is a free event for families to learn more about the Preschool programs. Questions? Visit website: DPP Showcase
- Lost & Found: Our lost & found is filling up again! Please consider putting names on clothing items and water bottles, etc. Please stop by the lost and found area during pick up and drop off to find that missing item! All items will be donated January 31st.
- Lunch Menu: Monthly Menus
- BESS Parent Screening: Parents/Guardians, This is a friendly reminder to complete your child’s mental health screener. Our winter screening window is open until January 19th. Please review the BESS FAQ document to learn more about the BESS and universal mental health screening in DPS this year. Please follow the link that will bring you directly to the site to complete the screener: tinyurl.com/bessparent2324. Thank you so much for your participation!
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteers in the school must fill out the DPS Volunteer form each year and must be cleared before volunteering in the classroom. DPS Volunteer
Gratitude from Ms. Ulery
Thank you for the warm welcome these first two weeks. It has been a pleasure meeting many of you and hearing about our wonderful community. Thank you to the families that joined us for the meet and greet this morning and a huge shout out to the PTO for providing coffee and yummy treats. I am looking forward to the positive collaboration in support of our students and Bradley community.
IB Profile of the Month
Our IB learner profile for January is Balanced. When students are balanced, they understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being for themselves and for others.
Activities for Parents:
- Encourage a wide range of activities for your child to participate in outside of school. These include structured activities such as soccer, ballet, community service projects, etc…
- Role model being balanced. Spend time as a parent or family doing many different things.
- Discuss the food groups with your child and have them help plan a balanced meal. Spending a few minutes during a mealtime deciding if what your family is eating is balanced.
- Practice self care with your family and name what you are doing and why it’s important for mental, physical and/or intellectual health.
News from the Nurse:
- For students who are ill, please call the Attendance Line at 720.424.9398
- ILLNESS SYMPTOMS- If your student has a fever or exhibits any symptoms related to COVID-19 or any other infectious disease they must stay home and avoid coming to school. Anyone with a fever or vomiting must remain home and fever-free for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication. Please continue to call the attendance line to report absences.
- Students who present these symptoms at school will be sent home (Fever, vomiting, coughing, cruddy/runny nose, etc.)
- NUTS: Please make sure that you don’t bring items with nuts into the classroom, as we have students with allergies to nuts.
- MEDICATION: If your student needs medicine during the school day, please contact our nurse Shayla Marak at 720-424-9394 to discuss the necessary paperwork.
- CSC Meeting Minutes from January 10th meeting: Slideshow & Minutes
- Next Meeting is February 14 at 3:00pm in the Library (Childcare provided)
- Bradley Read-a-Thon: The Read-a-Thon is HERE! Check out your Friday Folder with the registration information. Parents MUST register their students! Next, remember to log your student’s reading minutes every day January 12-26… they can earn fun prizes! Donations are greatly appreciated, so please ask your family, friends and neighbors for support. Remember, 80% of all money raised goes straight back to Bradley to support the teachers, classrooms and school! If you haven’t signed up, please register here: https://www.read-a-thon.com/readers/r/323738323036/1 – click “Register my Reader”, enter your student’s teacher name, select your student’s name and enter details.
- PTO meeting: Thanks to all the parents that attended the January PTO meeting! Please check out the minutes on our website. Our next PTO meeting will be on February 8 at 7 p.m. on Zoom
- Mark your calendars for the first 2024 Bradley dines out fundraiser at Sweetgreen University Hills! We can’t wait to see you next week on Wednesday, January 17th from 5pm-9pm! Visit Sweetgreen, show your flier, OR mention the Bradley fundraiser, and 20% will be donated back to Bradley! The Sweetgreen location is 2770 S Colorado Blvd. The fundraiser is valid only for orders placed in store, not online orders!
- Bradley Backpack: Thank you to everyone for donating this first week in January. We are so grateful for your donations.
- Bradley PTO is on INSTAGRAM! Bradley PTO is now on Instagram! Follow us for updates, reminders and information! Scan the QR code or search “Bradley International IB PTO.”
- King Soopers account linking information – Go to kingsoopers.com —> sign into your account —> click on my account —> scroll down to community rewards —> enter Bradley International School PTO.
- Check out the PTO website for full details and future meeting dates.
- Young Americans Center for Financial Education Summer Camps: BUILD A BUSINESS, RULE THE WORLD, LEARN TO BE MONEY SMART! Summer day camps are a great way for young people to experience financial education through our award-winning programs facilitated by our beloved program staff! These dynamic camps (which emphasize fun!) feature interactive activities, hands-on application of instruction as well as outdoor time on our beautiful program deck. Camps are available for youth entering 3rd-8th grade in the 2024-2025 school year. Young Americans
- DPS Discovery Link Summer in the City: Learn, Play and Explore with Discovery Link this Summer. This camp will be for K-5 students. Registration opens January 23rd at 6:00am. The camps will run June 10th-August 2nd. Please see flier for locations, prices, and sign up: Summer in the City
- Eisenhower Rec Center: Check out the daily events at Eisenhower and the upcoming Pup or Treat Costume Contest: Eisenhower
Upcoming Important Dates to Remember
January 15 – NO SCHOOL – MLK Jr. Day
January 16 – Session 3 Tutoring Begins
January 17 – Bradley Dines Out – Sweetgreens – 4-9pm
January 19 – D.E.A.R Day
January 24 – Prospective Kinder Parents Information Night 5:30pm
February 2 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
February 8 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – Zoom 7:00pm
February 12 – Round 1 SchoolChoice Closes – 4:00pm
February 14 – Kids Heart Challenge Assembly & Cupid Shuffle
February 14 – CSC Meeting – Library 3:00pm
February 15 – Bradley IB Family Math Night
February 16 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Planning Day
February 19 – NO SCHOOL – Presidents’ Day
March 1 – 2nd Trimester ENDS (Progress Reports in Parent Portal)
March 1 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
March 8 – NO ECE Classes – Teacher Training Day
March 13 – CSC Meeting – Zoom 6:00pm
March 22 – Lifetouch Spring Class & Individual Picture Day
March 25-29 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 1 – NO SCHOOL – Cesar Chavez Day
April 2 – Students Return to School
2023-2024 Bradley Calendar
Have a great weekend!