Bradley Elementary was named in honor of Charles Allen Bradley, an influential educator in the Denver Public School district. Mr. Bradley was a teacher at East High School in 1883, a vice principal at East in 1891, and principal of the Manual Training High School in 1893. He retired in June of 1928.
Bradley Elementary School was one of twelve elementary schools within the Denver Public School system completed in 1952. The building houses twenty-nine classrooms, a library, gymnasium, auditorium and cafeteria. It has a capacity of about 700 students. Bradley offers Early Childhood Education (ECE), Kindergarten, and first through fifth grade.
Historically, Bradley has been a neighborhood school for the University Hills, Holly Hills and other Southeast Denver Neighborhoods.
During the 1960’s, Bradley had 1400 students enrolled in Kindergarten through fifth grade. Over the course of the years, times changed and so did Bradley.
Bradley was granted candidacy in January 2006 to try out the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP). The staff spent the following two years attending IB certified workshops and trainings in order to write the grade level planners and begin implementing the programme. A site evaluation team visited the school and granted IB authorization in April 2008 for Bradley to become an official IB school. November of 2016 was the most recent visit by IB for a school evaluation in order to ensure Bradley is maintaining the integrity of the programme through the teaching and learning practices.
Currently, Bradley has approximately 550 students, and is the only southeast Denver IB school. Student enrollment is growing every year, and Bradley has a wonderful and dedicated group of teachers and staff that are committed to the success of each and every student at the school.