Round 1 takes place 10:00am on January 13 – 4:00pm on February 14, 2023
Universal Pre-K Program: ALL families applying to ECE have to also submit a Universal Pre-K Program application. Apply between January 17-February 14.
The DPS SchoolChoice window for the 2023-24 school year is 10:00am Jan. 13 through 4 p.m. Feb. 14, 2023. To prepare for SchoolChoice, families — particularly those with incoming ECE, kindergarten, sixth- and ninth-grade students — should begin thinking about which schools might be of interest to them for next school year.
DPS launched the one-application, one-deadline SchoolChoice process 10 years ago to ensure equity, consistency and simplicity in school enrollment. SchoolChoice is a key component of our vision that Every Child Succeeds!
We believe all families should have equitable access to the schools they feel are the best fit for their students. Any student who wants or needs to attend a new school next year can take part in SchoolChoice.
Families rank their students’ top school preferences in the SchoolChoice application. We then match students to schools based on those preferences, as well as school admission priorities and available space. The system, designed to maximize the number of students getting their most-preferred school, is very effective; last year, 84% of participants received their first-choice school.
Note: Incoming preschool students must participate in SchoolChoice on a yearly basis; due to space limitations, enrollment in a preschool program is not guaranteed. In most cases, if your student is currently in kindergarten through 11th grade and will be staying at their current school for 2022-23, you do not have to fill out a SchoolChoice application.
DPS believes all students should have the same access to quality schools, regardless of their background or where they live in Denver. That is what SchoolChoice is all about. Any DPS student who wants to attend a school other than their automatically assigned neighborhood school can take part in SchoolChoice during the dates listed above.
Families submit one SchoolChoice form per student, on which they rank their students’ top five school preferences. DPS then matches students to schools based on those preferences, as well as school admission priorities and available space.
You must apply for 3 yr ECE, 4 yr ECE, and Kindergarten each year. Once you are accepted at a school for Kindergarten, you will only need to complete the Online Registration each year. 2022-23 Bradley School Choice Priority (2023-24 Priorities will be updated soon)
2022-23 Great Schools Enrollment Guides Now Available: The DPS Great Schools Enrollment Guides for the 2023-24 school year are now available online. These guides are the go-to resource for information on all DPS schools, including location, principal and contact information. The guides also feature districtwide information on how to enroll, transportation, programs and more. Browse the guides online in both English and Spanish here.
Find additional information from the SchoolChoice website at www.schoolchoice.dpsk12.org
SchoolChoice Application/Registration Timeline:
- Find a School: Learn more about schools in which you might be interested by looking online and touring various schools of interest. You can also attend the DPS Regional School Expo which will be determined at a later date.
- Apply: (middle green tab) Fill out the SchoolChoice application, including ranking your top twelve schools, when it becomes available starting 10:00am January 13, 2023 for Round 1. Deadline to submit applications is 4:00 p.m. February 14, 2023 for Round 1. No exceptions. You’ll be notified mid-April with your placement. (For Step-by-Step Instructions: School Choice Instructions)
- Round 2 will open, generally in April 2023 and will go through August, 2023.
- 2022-23 Bradley School Choice Priority (2023-24 Priorities will be posted soon but generally stay the same)
Find your neighborhood school
Click here to determine your neighborhood school by entering your address at: School Finder
DPS Parent Portal
Follow this link for the DPS Parent Portal: https://myportal.dpsk12.org/
To setup at Parent Portal:
Create a DPS Parent Portal account at myportal.dpsk12.org/ (you will need one students’ ID number which is on any progress report or contact your school’s office)
* Enter all information: use the email address that DPS has on file for you and create a password. (please keep user name and password for future use).
* You will receive an immediate email confirming your email address; confirm email.
* Wait about 15 minutes for welcome email which means your account has been created.
* Log in and see what the Parent Portal has to offer!