- Reminder: upcoming no school day is February 2 for Bradley First Friday!
- READ-A-THON ~ D.E.A.R Day: Today’s Drop Everything And Read Day was a huge hit! It was fun to see students reading in the jammies! Keep logging those minutes!
- BESS Parent Screening: Parents/Guardians, This is a friendly reminder to complete your child’s mental health screener. Our winter screening window is open until February 2nd. Please review the BESS FAQ document to learn more about the BESS and universal mental health screening in DPS this year. Please follow the link that will bring you directly to the site to complete the screener: tinyurl.com/bessparent2324. Thank you so much for your participation!
- DPS Summer Connections: Summer Connections 2024 is set to return as a free, five-week program starting June 17 through July 19. DPS students entering first through fifth grade are invited to participate in this full-day program. Designed for student readiness, the program introduces students to next year’s curriculum with a special focus on STEM subjects. Students will also enjoy a variety of activities including Inventor’s Week, the Lego Challenge, career exploration and computer science. Plus, there’s an exciting field trip in store! Registration for families begins mid-February. Please refer to the Summer Connections website for more information and updates. See more information: Summer Connections
- School Choice 2024-25: Open Choice Enrollment Round 1 will close February 12, 2024 at 4:00pm. All ECE families have to submit a Choice Application. 5th grade families should submit a choice application if they are trying to attend a middle school that is not their boundary school.
- Denver Preschool Showcase: The Preschool Showcase will return on January 20, 2023, from 9am – 12 pm at the Denver Zoo in the Gates Building. This signature DPP event is expected to draw hundreds of Denver families as it provides a free, one-stop opportunity for families to directly connect with local preschools and early childhood resources while offering a variety of fun kids’ activities. Calling all Denver families with current or future preschoolers. You’re invited to a fun, free and convenient way to learn more about your preschool options and the tuition support available to every Denver family through the Denver Preschool Program (DPP). The Preschool Showcase provides an easy way for you to meet and ask questions of preschool staff and directors from dozens of local preschools. You can also learn more about how to lower your monthly tuition payments, all in one place. This is a free event for families to learn more about the Preschool programs. Questions? Visit website: DPP Showcase
- Lost & Found: Our lost & found is filling up again! Please consider putting names on clothing items and water bottles, etc. Please stop by the lost and found area during pick up and drop off to find that missing item! All items will be donated January 31st.
- Lunch Menu: Monthly Menus
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteers in the school must fill out the DPS Volunteer form each year and must be cleared before volunteering in the classroom. DPS Volunteer
IB Profile of the Month
Our IB learner profile for January is Balanced. When students are balanced, they understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being for themselves and for others.
Activities for Parents:
- Encourage a wide range of activities for your child to participate in outside of school. These include structured activities such as soccer, ballet, community service projects, etc…
- Role model being balanced. Spend time as a parent or family doing many different things.
- Discuss the food groups with your child and have them help plan a balanced meal. Spending a few minutes during a mealtime deciding if what your family is eating is balanced.
- Practice self care with your family and name what you are doing and why it’s important for mental, physical and/or intellectual health.
News from the Nurse:
- For students who are ill, please call the Attendance Line at 720.424.9398
- ILLNESS SYMPTOMS- If your student has a fever or exhibits any symptoms related to COVID-19 or any other infectious disease they must stay home and avoid coming to school. Anyone with a fever or vomiting must remain home and fever-free for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication. Please continue to call the attendance line to report absences.
- Students who present these symptoms at school will be sent home (Fever, vomiting, coughing, cruddy/runny nose, etc.)
- NUTS: Please make sure that you don’t bring items with nuts into the classroom, as we have students with allergies to nuts.
- MEDICATION: If your student needs medicine during the school day, please contact our nurse Shayla Marak at 720-424-9394 to discuss the necessary paperwork.
- Next Meeting is February 14 at 3:00pm in the Library (Childcare provided)
- Last Chance! Bradley Family Directory: We are making a final Family Directory update for this school year. If you’d like to be included, complete this google form before Feb 1 and you will receive an email from Directory Spot (the app/website for the directory) within a week! If you have submitted to the directory but not yet accessed it – search your email for Directory Spot or email email@example.com for support.
- Read-a-Thon ends next Friday (January 26) at 8pm! Get those minutes recorded! We will be closing the Read-a-Thon for logging minutes at 8 pm on Friday January 26, so get those minutes recorded! Any minutes logged after 8pm on Friday will not be counted toward prizes. However, students can continue to collect classroom donations throughout the weekend to help our school! Here is the link to add reading minutes (or sign up if you haven’t yet): Read-a-Thon.
- Thank you to everyone that participated in this month’s Dines Out fundraiser at Sweetgreen! Our next Dines Out is on Feb. 13 at Dough Counter – mark your calendars!
- Bradley PTO is on INSTAGRAM! Bradley PTO is now on Instagram! Follow us for updates, reminders and information! Scan the QR code or search “Bradley International IB PTO.”
- King Soopers account linking information – Go to kingsoopers.com —> sign into your account —> click on my account —> scroll down to community rewards —> enter Bradley International School PTO.
- Check out the PTO website for full details and future meeting dates.
- Butterfly Pavilion Summer Camps: Check out the options for Summer Camp at the Butterfly Pavilion: Summer Camps
- Eisenhower Rec Center: Check out the daily events at Eisenhower and the upcoming Pup or Treat Costume Contest: Eisenhower
Upcoming Important Dates to Remember
January 24 – Prospective Kinder Parents Information Night 5:30pm
February 2 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
February 8 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – Zoom 7:00pm
February 12 – Round 1 SchoolChoice Closes – 4:00pm
February 13 – Bradley Dines Out – Dough Counter – all day
February 14 – Kids Heart Challenge Assembly & Cupid Shuffle
February 14 – CSC Meeting – Library 3:00pm
February 15 – Bradley IB Family Math Night 5:30-7:00pm
February 16 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Planning Day
February 19 – NO SCHOOL – Presidents’ Day
February 29 – End of Session 3 After School Enrichment
March 1 – 2nd Trimester ENDS (Progress Reports in Parent Portal)
March 1 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
March 8 – NO ECE Classes – Teacher Training Day
March 12 – Bradley Dines Out – Birdcall – all day
March 13 – CSC Meeting – Zoom 6:00pm
March 14 – Bradley PTO Meeting – Library 3:00pm
March 16 – Destination Imagination Competition
March 22 – Lifetouch Spring Class & Individual Picture Day
March 25-29 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 1 – NO SCHOOL – Cesar Chavez Day
April 2 – Students Return to School
2023-2024 Bradley Calendar
Have a great weekend!