- Reminder: NO SCHOOL February 2. It’s Bradley First Friday!
- Job Opportunities at Bradley: We have a full time paraprofessional position as well as a part time afternoon ECE paraprofessional available. Please check the DPS Job Board and search for jobs at Bradley!
- Bradley Summer Camp: We are able to hold the Bradley Summer Camp again this summer. The dates will be June 10-28 (NO camp on June 19). Registration will be available mid to late February. This camp is for current Kindergarten through current 5th grade students.
- BESS Parent Screening: Parents/Guardians, This is a friendly reminder to complete your child’s mental health screener. Our winter screening window is open until February 2nd. Please review the BESS FAQ document to learn more about the BESS and universal mental health screening in DPS this year. Please follow the link that will bring you directly to the site to complete the screener: tinyurl.com/bessparent2324. Thank you so much for your participation!
- DPS Summer Connections: Summer Connections 2024 is set to return as a free, five-week program starting June 17 through July 19. DPS students entering first through fifth grade are invited to participate in this full-day program. Designed for student readiness, the program introduces students to next year’s curriculum with a special focus on STEM subjects. Students will also enjoy a variety of activities including Inventor’s Week, the Lego Challenge, career exploration and computer science. Plus, there’s an exciting field trip in store! Registration for families begins mid-February. Please refer to the Summer Connections website for more information and updates. See more information: Summer Connections
- School Choice 2024-25: Open Choice Enrollment Round 1 will close February 12, 2024 at 4:00pm. All ECE families have to submit a Choice Application. 5th grade families should submit a choice application if they are trying to attend a middle school that is not their boundary school.
- Lost & Found: Our lost & found is filling up again! Please consider putting names on clothing items and water bottles, etc. Please stop by the lost and found area during pick up and drop off to find that missing item! All items will be donated January 31st.
- Lunch Menu: Monthly Menus
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteers in the school must fill out the DPS Volunteer form each year and must be cleared before volunteering in the classroom. DPS Volunteer
IB Profile of the Month
Our IB learner profile for January is Balanced. When students are balanced, they understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being for themselves and for others.
Activities for Parents:
- Encourage a wide range of activities for your child to participate in outside of school. These include structured activities such as soccer, ballet, community service projects, etc…
- Role model being balanced. Spend time as a parent or family doing many different things.
- Discuss the food groups with your child and have them help plan a balanced meal. Spending a few minutes during a mealtime deciding if what your family is eating is balanced.
- Practice self care with your family and name what you are doing and why it’s important for mental, physical and/or intellectual health.
News from the Nurse:
- For students who are ill, please call the Attendance Line at 720.424.9398
- ILLNESS SYMPTOMS- If your student has a fever or exhibits any symptoms related to COVID-19 or any other infectious disease they must stay home and avoid coming to school. Anyone with a fever or vomiting must remain home and fever-free for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication. Please continue to call the attendance line to report absences.
- Students who present these symptoms at school will be sent home (Fever, vomiting, coughing, cruddy/runny nose, etc.)
- NUTS: Please make sure that you don’t bring items with nuts into the classroom, as we have students with allergies to nuts.
- MEDICATION: If your student needs medicine during the school day, please contact our nurse Shayla Marak at 720-424-9394 to discuss the necessary paperwork.
- Next Meeting is February 14 at 3:00pm in the Library (Childcare provided)
- Last Chance! Bradley Family Directory: We are making a final Family Directory update for this school year. If you’d like to be included, complete this google form before Feb 1 and you will receive an email from Directory Spot (the app/website for the directory) within a week! If you have submitted to the directory but not yet accessed it – search your email for Directory Spot or email email@example.com for support.
- Read-a-Thon ends TODAY at 8pm! Any minutes logged after 8pm on January 26 will not be counted toward prizes. However, students can still collect donations through this coming week! Bradley students have read over 250,000 minutes and raised over $20,000 so far (awesome!). Watch the messenger next week for classroom winners! Thank you Bradley community!
- Bradley PTO is on INSTAGRAM! Bradley PTO is now on Instagram! Follow us for updates, reminders and information! Scan the QR code or search “Bradley International IB PTO.”
- King Soopers account linking information – Go to kingsoopers.com —> sign into your account —> click on my account —> scroll down to community rewards —> enter Bradley International School PTO.
- Check out the PTO website for full details and future meeting dates.
- Hamilton Middle School Community Events: Hamilton Middle School invites you to a special Black History Month Community Event that’s open to all! Date: Thu., Feb. 29, 2024 Time: 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Movie Showing: Get ready for a movie that highlights the richness of Black history and culture.
Food Delights: Indulge your taste buds with delicious treats from the amazing Mississippi Boys and Flavor of Tabaco Food Trucks!
Bring your family and friends to share in this wonderful experience. Let’s come together as a community to celebrate and learn during this special occasion.
- Eisenhower Rec Center: Check out the daily events at Eisenhower and the upcoming Pup or Treat Costume Contest: Eisenhower
Upcoming Important Dates to Remember
February 2 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
February 8 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – Zoom 7:00pm
February 12 – Round 1 SchoolChoice Closes – 4:00pm
February 13 – Bradley Dines Out – Dough Counter – all day
February 14 – Kids Heart Challenge Assembly & Cupid Shuffle
February 14 – CSC Meeting – Library 3:00pm
February 15 – Bradley IB Family Math Night 5:30-7:00pm
February 16 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Planning Day
February 19 – NO SCHOOL – Presidents’ Day
February 29 – End of Session 3 After School Enrichment
March 1 – 2nd Trimester ENDS (Progress Reports in Parent Portal)
March 1 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
March 8 – NO ECE Classes – Teacher Training Day
March 12 – Bradley Dines Out – Birdcall – all day
March 13 – CSC Meeting – Zoom 6:00pm
March 14 – Bradley PTO Meeting – Library 3:00pm
March 16 – Destination Imagination Competition
March 22 – Lifetouch Spring Class & Individual Picture Day
March 25-29 – NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
April 1 – NO SCHOOL – Cesar Chavez Day
April 2 – Students Return to School
2023-2024 Bradley Calendar
Have a great weekend!