- PTO FUN RUN – HUGE SUCCESS! Thank you to all of the students for participating in the Fun Run and for all of the generous donations! The entire school earned an EXTRA RECESS!!
- Session 2 After School Enrichment Registration is open! Session 2 will run from the week of October 30th through the week of December 11th. Registration is closed.
- Halloween is the week after next! We know that this is a fun time for kids. We will have a pumpkin carving contest on the 31st. You can bring your wonderful creations on the morning of Tuesday, Oct.31st at drop off. Students will vote during their lunch time. School-wide costume parade and Thriller Dance will take place at 1:30 on the blacktop. Then, classes will have parties in classrooms. Students should not wear their costumes to school. Students will change into costumes before the festivities. A reminder that costumes may not include any sort of a fake weapon at school. Please watch for information from your child’s teacher. We will have activities in the library for families who do not celebrate Halloween.
- Health Office Needs: If your student borrowed clothes from the health office please wash and return. Also, if you have clothes to donate, we could use smaller size pants, shorts, and underwear for boys and girls.
- Lunch Menu: Monthly Menus
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteers in the school must fill out the DPS Volunteer form each year and must be cleared before volunteering in the classroom. DPS Volunteer
News from Ms. Roller:
- Thank you to all who attended & participated in parent teacher conferences last week – we had a great turn-out! We also returned a number of lost and found items.
- The weather at the end of next week is projected to be much chillier. Fall is here! Please make sure that all of your child’s winter clothing is labeled with their name on the inside – it does make it easier to return anything that is found.
- Update on the Principal Selection Process: The new CSC has been elected and participated in CSC training this week. They also met with our Collaborative Director, Christian Sawyer, and Brittany from the District who is coordinating the selection process. Next week, elected CSC members will participate in further Human Resources training around the selection process and develop the interview questions for the candidates. A huge shout out to our parent and staff representatives on the CSC who are giving so much of their time and attention to this process – you are appreciated!
- A huge shout out to our PTO for their coordination of the amazing Fun Run and providing meals for our staff during parent/teacher conferences last week.
News from the Nurse:
- For students who are ill, please call the Attendance Line at 720.424.9398
- ILLNESS SYMPTOMS- If your student has a fever or exhibits any symptoms related to COVID-19 or any other infectious disease they must stay home and avoid coming to school. Anyone with a fever or vomiting must remain home and fever-free for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication. Please continue to call the attendance line to report absences.
- Students who present these symptoms at school will be sent home (Fever, vomiting, coughing, cruddy/runny nose, etc.)
- NUTS: Please make sure that you don’t bring items with nuts into the classroom, as we have students with allergies to nuts.
- MEDICATION: If your student needs medicine during the school day, please contact our nurse Shayla Marak at 720-424-9394 to discuss the necessary paperwork.
- Congratulations! We did it! Thanks to your support we were able to raise over $40,000 for the Fun Run, surpassing our fundraising goal of $35,000! Thank YOU! This money will go right back into supporting our school and your student’s class – 20% of the amount raised in each class goes directly back to the classroom. Also… this means every student in the school earned an extra recess! Way to go Bradley families!
- We are still collecting pledge money for the Fun Run – send in those pledges! The prize drawing for our fabulous Fun Run prizes will be announced next week. Students were entered into the drawing one time for every $30 they raised. Stay tuned next week for the final results and good luck!
- Bradley Dines Out: It’s time to join classmates, friends, and families for a Dines Out at Esters Virginia Village on Monday, October 23 from 4:00-9:00pm. See what’s on their menu and we hope to see you there!
- Bradley PTO is on INSTAGRAM! Bradley PTO is now on Instagram! Follow us for updates, reminders and information! Scan the QR code or search “Bradley international IB PTO.”
- King Soopers account linking information – Go to kingsoopers.com —> sign into your account —> click on my account —> scroll down to community rewards —> enter Bradley International School PTO.
- Check out the PTO website for full details and future meeting dates.
- Dia de los Muertos: Join Councilwoman Diana Romero Campbell at Joe Shoemaker Elementary on October 28th 11:00am-2:00pm for the Dia de los Muertos event! There will be dancers, crafts, activities and more! See flier in English and Spanish for more details.
- Trick or Treat Street at Grace Methodist Church on October 28 from 4:00-6:00pm. See more information below.
- Eisenhower Rec Center: Check out the daily events at Eisenhower and the upcoming Pup or Treat Costume Contest: Eisenhower
Upcoming Important Dates to Remember
October 23 – Bradley Dines Out – Esters 4:00-9:00pm
October 27 – Super Citizen Assembly
October 28 – Pup or Treat Costume Contest at Eisenhower Rec Center 11am-1pm
October 30 – Session 2 After School Enrichment Begins
October 31 – Pumpkin Carving Contest & Thriller Dance
November 3 – No School – Bradley First Friday
November 7 – Lifetouch Retake Day
November 7 – Bradley Dines Out – Birdcall Cherry Hills (Hampden)- all day
November 11 – Veterans Day
November 16 – Thanksgiving Family Luncheon (Details to come)
November 16 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – 3pm – Library
November 17 – 1st Trimester Ends/Progress Reports ready in Parent Portal
November 20 – 24 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
November 27 – 3rd Grade Balarat Field Trip
2023-2024 Bradley Calendar