- A Huge Shout Out to Remer Smith, our Facilities Manager!! Yesterday, DPS awarded him for his excellent Customer Service! Thank you for all you do for Bradley Mr. Remer!!
- Bradley International School Principal Selection Events – Please join us for the Virtual Community Forum and Meet & Greet events! During these events, you will hear from the top principal finalists and have an opportunity to submit questions. Students, staff, families, and community members are welcome to attend! See more information on the Bradley Website Post
- Virtual Community Forum: Monday, November 13, 2023: 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.: Zoom Link: https://bit.ly/VCForum2324 Meeting ID: 864 9295 6537 Passcode: Schools
- Meet & Greet Event on Bradley playground
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Please scan the Slido QR code on the attached flyer below to submit your question for all finalists. All top finalists will address the top 10 upvoted questions during the Virtual Community Forum.
- Bradley Principal Hiring Community Events and S…
- Thanksgiving Luncheon: We are excited for our annual Thanksgiving Luncheon with students, staff and families! Please arrive at the designated time for your student’s grade. We will check you in and you will walk into the cafeteria with your students. Students and families will eat first and then students will go to the playground for recess. We are ready for a great meal – we hope you are too!
- ECE Full Day: 10:45-11:15am
- Kindergarten: 12:15-12:45pm
- 1st Grade: 12:00-12:30pm
- 2nd Grade: 11:45-12:15pm
- 3rd Grade: 11:30-12:00pm
- 4th Grade and AN Classroom: 11:15-11:45am
- 5th Grade: 11:00-11:30am
- Lost & Found: While you are here for the Thanksgiving Luncheon or for drop off or pick up, please stop by the Lost & Found area across from the office to find your missing items. All items will be donated November 16th.The season is here. If you need a COVID test for your family, please order free ones HERE.
- The Your Voice/Tu Voz Family Survey will be administered to all families in the district from Nov. 1-15. Please use this family survey toolkit to help encourage your families’ participation during the survey window. The toolkit includes a template letter, social media posts, a QR code flier, SchoolMessenger templates, as well as a survey FAQ and more.
- Destination Imagination: Bradley International is looking for parent volunteers! Join us for a parent information session on what it would look like to manage a Destination Imagination team. Meeting will be held in room 122 (GT room) at 3:00 on November 13. This is a great opportunity to have so much fun guiding a team of students to use their creative powers to build teamwork and grow their brains! What is Destination Imagination (DI)?? See all the great imaginative and innovative collaborative STEM challenges students will strive to complete and compete on the DI website: Destination Imagination
- Lunch Menu: Monthly Menus
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteers in the school must fill out the DPS Volunteer form each year and must be cleared before volunteering in the classroom. DPS Volunteer
IB Profile of the Month
Our IB learner profile for November is Open-Minded. When students are open-minded they understand and appreciate their own cultures and personal histories, and are open to the perspectives, values, and traditions of other individuals and communities. They are accustomed to seeking and evaluating the range of points of view, and are willing to grow from the experience.
Activities for Parents:
- Encourage your child to try out new things; new food, new games, and new activities.
- Expose your child to different festivals, celebrations, and traditions and be sure to present them in a non-judgmental way.
- Model being open-minded and encourage your child to ask questions and to really listen to others as they speak.
News from Ms. Roller:
- Please be sure to join us for the Principal Selection Events listed above. All voices are needed in this process!
- Lost & Found is again full. We donated a number of items after parent conferences, and will donate any remaining items at Winter Break. PLEASE check Lost & Found if you are missing any items!
- Thank you so much to the community for your generosity in providing donations for Thanksgiving Baskets. This is much appreciated!
- As you are aware, I am limited in the number of days I can work in a school year as a retired employee. I have a previously planned trip – planning it for over a year – and will be gone the week after Thanksgiving. Dori Claunch will be supporting Jodie Leatherman at Bradley IB during this time.
News from the Nurse:
- For students who are ill, please call the Attendance Line at 720.424.9398
- ILLNESS SYMPTOMS- If your student has a fever or exhibits any symptoms related to COVID-19 or any other infectious disease they must stay home and avoid coming to school. Anyone with a fever or vomiting must remain home and fever-free for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication. Please continue to call the attendance line to report absences.
- Students who present these symptoms at school will be sent home (Fever, vomiting, coughing, cruddy/runny nose, etc.)
- NUTS: Please make sure that you don’t bring items with nuts into the classroom, as we have students with allergies to nuts.
- MEDICATION: If your student needs medicine during the school day, please contact our nurse Shayla Marak at 720-424-9394 to discuss the necessary paperwork.
- Please join the next PTO meeting on Nov. 16th at 3 p.m. in the library/Zoom (child care is provided; Zoom details are available on our website).
- Thanks to all the families that visited Birdcall in Cherry Hills this week for our Dines Out! Our next Dines Out is Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar in Greenwood Village on Dec. 6 from 4-9 p.m.
- Are you looking for holiday cards, wedding announcements, baby shower invites, personalized holiday gifts for grandparents/friends/families? Bradley is now partnering with Minted.com to offer a special code for all of your holiday and year long needs. Using our unique code FUNDRAISEBRADLEYINTL you can get 20% off all your purchases, including holiday cards! In return, Minted will donate 15% back to our school!
- Bradley PTO is on INSTAGRAM! Bradley PTO is now on Instagram! Follow us for updates, reminders and information! Scan the QR code or search “Bradley international IB PTO.”
- King Soopers account linking information – Go to kingsoopers.com —> sign into your account —> click on my account —> scroll down to community rewards —> enter Bradley International School PTO.
- Check out the PTO website for full details and future meeting dates.
- Hamilton Middle School Poinsettia Sale: Support Hamilton PTSA with a purchase of a beautiful red poinsettia. These make great gifts and are the perfect decoration for the holiday season. We only have 100 to sell so place your orders now! The pick up date will be Friday, December 8 at Hamilton. We appreciate your support! ORDER HERE
- Eisenhower Rec Center: Check out the daily events at Eisenhower and the upcoming Pup or Treat Costume Contest: Eisenhower
Upcoming Important Dates to Remember
November 11 – Veterans Day
November 13 – Principal Candidates Virtual Community Forum 5-6:30pm
November 14 – Principal Candidates Meet & Greet – 2:30-4:00 Playground
November 13 – Destination Imagination Parent Information Meeting
November 16 – Thanksgiving Family Luncheon
November 16 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – 3pm – Library
November 17 – 1st Trimester Ends/Progress Reports ready in Parent Portal
November 20 – 24 – Thanksgiving Break – No School
November 23 – Annual Turkey Trot at Eisenhower Rec Center 8:30am – FLYER
November 20 – 24 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
November 27 – 3rd Grade Balarat Field Trip (2 classrooms)
December 4 – 3rd Grade Balarat Field Trip (1 classroom)
December 13 – 5th Grade Exhibition
December 13 – CSC Meeting 6:00-7:00pm – Virtual
December 14 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – Zoom 7:00pm
December 14 – Session 2 After School Enrichments END
December 18 – January 2 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
January 3 – Students return to school from Winter Break
2023-2024 Bradley Calendar