- 2023-24 Bradley Calendar : Winter Break is HERE – NO School December 18-January 2. We will see you on Wednesday, Jan. 3rd!
- Thank you to Mrs. Roller for all her help this year! We have been in great hands this school year. We look forward to welcoming Mrs. Ulery in January!
- Holiday Donations: A HUGE thank you to everyone who was able to contribute to the Wish Lists and Holiday Meals! All the families were so appreciative! What an amazing Bradley community! Thank you to the PTO for helping organize food and toys!
- School Choice 2024-25: Open Choice Enrollment dates for Round 1 will begin January 11, 2024. Enroll: HERE.
Bradley 2024-25 Prospective Tours will be held January 9-30, 2024.
See the Bradley website for more information: Bradley Choice & SIGNUP.
- Bradley Winter Packets: Students should have received a winter packet in their Friday Folders. If you need another copy, you can find them on the Bradley Website.
- Session 3 After School Enrichment: Find the flier to register for the After School Enrichment classes that will start the week of January 8th and run through the week of February 26th. Please see the flier in Spanish.
- Lunch Menu: Monthly Menus
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteers in the school must fill out the DPS Volunteer form each year and must be cleared before volunteering in the classroom. DPS Volunteer
IB Profile of the Month
Our IB learner profile for December is Principled. When students are principled they act with integrity and honesty, and a strong sense of fairness, justice, and respect for the dignity of the individual, groups, and communities. They take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that accompany them.
Activities for Parents:
- Involve your child in deciding on the rules for a game or activity and then ensure that they stick to the ones that have been decided on.
- Encourage your child to play games that involve teams. Discuss with your child the qualities of a team player. What sort of person would they want on their teams?
- When your child wins a game, insist that he or she is a well-mannered winner. They might thank their opponent or shake hands with them if it’s appropriate.
- When playing a game, don’t change the rules or let your child win. Help them understand that losing graciously is as important as being a good winner.
News from Ms. Roller:
Thank you so much for the opportunity to support Bradley IB for the past semester. This is truly a unique community – I will miss the students, staff and families. Ms. Ulery and I are working on a transition plan – I will still be around part-time during January to assist in a number of ways as Ms. Ulery gets settled in. I wish you all a wonderful Winter Break, with lots of family time and fun! See you in the New Year!
News from the Nurse:
- For students who are ill, please call the Attendance Line at 720.424.9398
- ILLNESS SYMPTOMS- If your student has a fever or exhibits any symptoms related to COVID-19 or any other infectious disease they must stay home and avoid coming to school. Anyone with a fever or vomiting must remain home and fever-free for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication. Please continue to call the attendance line to report absences.
- Students who present these symptoms at school will be sent home (Fever, vomiting, coughing, cruddy/runny nose, etc.)
- NUTS: Please make sure that you don’t bring items with nuts into the classroom, as we have students with allergies to nuts.
- MEDICATION: If your student needs medicine during the school day, please contact our nurse Shayla Marak at 720-424-9394 to discuss the necessary paperwork.
- Bradley Backpack: The Backpack Program needs your help in sustaining the program. We will be running a food drive for specific items the 2nd week of each month starting in the new year. All donations are greatly appreciated! January 8th – 12th we will be collecting shelf stable meat sticks, yogurt pouches, fruit cups, individually wrapped peanut butter crackers, peanut butter, jelly, loafs of bread and granola bars. Thank you for your support!
- Are you looking for holiday cards, wedding announcements, baby shower invites, personalized holiday gifts for grandparents/friends/families? Bradley is now partnering with Minted.com to offer a special code for all of your holiday and year long needs. Using our unique code FUNDRAISEBRADLEYINTL you can get 20% off all your purchases, including holiday cards! In return, Minted will donate 15% back to our school!
- Bradley PTO is on INSTAGRAM! Bradley PTO is now on Instagram! Follow us for updates, reminders and information! Scan the QR code or search “Bradley International IB PTO.”
- King Soopers account linking information – Go to kingsoopers.com —> sign into your account —> click on my account —> scroll down to community rewards —> enter Bradley International School PTO.
- Check out the PTO website for full details and future meeting dates.
- 9th Annual DPP Preschool Showcase: The Preschool Showcase will return on January 20, 2023, from 9am – 12 pm at the Denver Zoo in the Gates Building. This signature DPP event is expected to draw hundreds of Denver families as it provides a free, one-stop opportunity for families to directly connect with local preschools and early childhood resources while offering a variety of fun kids’ activities. Please help DPP spread the word about this free event for families by printing and posting our flyer. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DPS Discovery Link is HIRING!: We’re hiring! This Part Time job is perfect for College students, Retirees and Moms!! Use the QR code and specify Bradley or use the DPS website: dpsk12.org the job codes Program Leader #59172 / Staff Aide #48319
- Tasty Food Holiday Schedule for school breaks: The City and County’s Office of Children Affairs invites all youth (ages 5-18) for a free supper and/or snack at any Tasty Food site across Denver during the holiday break! No registration or ID is required — simply drop by and enjoy a nutritious meal! Check the schedule flier (in English and Spanish) for more information. For details on holiday schedule changes and planned holiday closures, visit the Tasty Food website. Tasty Food – Afterschool Site Schedule – Holiday 2023 Schedule: Tasty Food – Afterschool Site Schedule – Holiday 2023 Schedule Banners
- Eisenhower Rec Center: Have you ever had Donuts with the Grinch?? You can! At the Eisenhower Rec Center on Saturday, December 9th! Check out the daily events at Eisenhower and the upcoming Pup or Treat Costume Contest: Eisenhower
Upcoming Important Dates to Remember
December 18 – January 2 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
January 3 – Students return to school from Winter Break
January 3 – DPS Hearing & Vision Screening
January 10 – CSC Meeting – Virtual 6:00pm
January 11 – Round 1 SchoolChoice Opens – 11:00am
January 11 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – Library 3:00pm
January 15 – NO SCHOOL – Presidents’ Day
January 16 – Session 3 Tutoring Begins
January 17 – Bradley Dines Out – Sweetgreens – 4-9pm
January 24 – Prospective Kinder Parents Information Night 5:30pm
February 2 – NO SCHOOL – First Friday
February 8 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – Zoom 7:00pm
February 12 – Round 1 SchoolChoice Closes – 4:00pm
February 14 – CSC Meeting – Library 3:00pm
February 15 – Bradley IB Family Math Night
February 16 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Planning Day
February 19 – NO SCHOOL – MLK Jr. Day
2023-2024 Bradley Calendar
Have a great winter break!
Students return January 3, 2024