- University Hills Neighborhood Association Movie Under the Stars is TONIGHT, September 8th at 6:00pm. See Movie Night flier for information.
- Session 1 After School Enrichment: The K-5 Yoga program needs 3 more students to hold the class on Wednesdays for $111! Register at: Creativedancekids.com or sign in to register for Bradley HERE.
- Bradley Dines Out: Monday, September 11th at La Fogata DTC location! We hope to see you at the first Dines Out this year!
- DPS October Count: October 2nd is the DPS October Count day. Please make sure your student attends school on that day. Funding for DPS depends on students in their seats on October 2.
- Lunch Menu: Monthly Menus
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteers in the school must fill out the DPS Volunteer form each year and must be cleared before volunteering in the classroom. DPS Volunteer
News from Ms. Roller:
- Picture Day is September 12, 2023! Please mark your calendars for this important event! These are individual student portraits.
- A huge thank you to PTO and all who contributed for the new computers for the computer lab. This is an amazing gift to the school and it is much appreciated!
- Thank you also to the PTO for their purchase of spirit T-Shirts for each student in the building – remember to wear your purple on Friday!
- All systems seem to be working as intended in terms of cooling in the building. It is not air-conditioning, but the univents, swamp coolers and keeping the 2nd story windows open at night are all helping. We’ve also identified cooler areas if classes need to move in the afternoon. Next week is projected to be cooler and feeling a bit more like fall.
- We had our Shelter-in-Place Drill on Thursday for the possibility of severe weather – students and staff did an amazing job of moving quickly, waiting quietly and ensuring every student is accounted for. Please continue to talk with your child regarding the importance of practicing these drills for safety reasons.
News from the Nurse:
- For students who are ill, please call the Attendance Line at 720.424.9398
- ILLNESS SYMPTOMS- If your student has a fever or exhibits any symptoms related to COVID-19 or any other infectious disease they must stay home and avoid coming to school. Anyone with a fever or vomiting must remain home and fever-free for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication. Please continue to call the attendance line to report absences.
- Students who present these symptoms at school will be sent home (Fever, vomiting, coughing, cruddy/runny nose, etc.)
- NUTS: Please make sure that you don’t bring items with nuts into the classroom, as we have students with allergies to nuts.
- MEDICATION: If your student needs medicine during the school day, please contact our nurse Shayla Marak at 720-424-9394 to discuss the necessary paperwork.
- Check out the PTO website for full details and future meeting dates.
- Fun Run important dates: September 15 @ 8:30 a.m. on the playground join the PTO and school for the Pep Rally! September 29th is the Fun Run day when all students will run the field during their specials time! Check out the PTO Fun Run website for more info! We need volunteers to help at the Fun Run! Signup online today to help or visit the website for more info.
- Save the Date: Bradley’s 1st Dines Out is Monday, September 11th at La Fogata DTC location from 4:00pm-9:00pm. What’s Dines Out? The PTO finds community restaurants to set up a night for families to enjoy dinner and the PTO earns a percentage of the sales from the evening. What’s the best part? No cooking!! And bonus, you get to have dinner with new and old Bradley friends. We hope to see you there!
- King Soopers account linking information – Go to kingsoopers.com —> sign into your account —> click on my account —> scroll down to community rewards —> enter Bradley International School PTO.
- PTO Minutes are available from the Sept 7 meeting. Next PTO meeting is Oct. 19 at 7 p.m. on Zoom. Thank you all for those who attended our first PTO meeting yesterday! We had an amazing turnout! We wanted to apologize for those who tried to join the meeting via Zoom. We had an issue with connecting. Our apologies again and we will make sure our next meeting on October 19th via Zoom will be errorless.
- Eisenhower Rec Center: Do you need something for kids for the upcoming day off of school on September 22nd? Check out the My Denver activities Rec Center
- Denver Transportation Project, Bikeway Installation Notice: In alignment with recommendations included in Denver Moves: Bicycles Program, the Denver Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI) will utilize an upcoming street repaving project on E Yale Ave, between S Jackson St & S Josephine St, to install planned safety and mobility improvements. Weather permitting, a phased repaving, signing, and striping project will begin in the coming weeks. During construction, there may be lane closures, parking closures, and temporary street closures. When complete, the following roadway safety improvements will be in place:
- Bike lanes that are separated from vehicle travel lanes with vertical posts (Protected Bike Lanes)
- Safety improvements at intersections
- Parking removal in some segments of the corridor
- Get ready to embrace the autumn vibes at the Hamilton Fall Festival happening on Saturday, September 30th, from 11 am to 2 pm!
Gather your loved ones and head over for a day filled with laughter and joy. Everyone is welcome, so don’t miss out on the chance to create unforgettable memories together. Spread the word far and wide!
Secure your tickets in advance to breeze through the entrance lines and dive straight into the action-packed festivities!
Excitement awaits around every corner: explore a variety of vendors, challenge yourself with classic carnival games, take the ultimate plunge in the dunk tank, let the kids bounce to their hearts’ content in the inflatable house, indulge in delectable treats from food trucks, be captivated by live entertainment, and so much more. There’s something for everyone! FLIER
Upcoming Important Dates to Remember
September 11 – Bradley Dines Out – La Fogata DTC 4:00-9:00pm
September 12 – Lifetouch Individual Student Photos
September 15 – Bradley PTO Fun Run Pep Rally 8:30am
September 21 – Family Literacy Night 5:30-7:00pm
September 22 – NO SCHOOL – District Professional Development Day
September 27 – Bradley Dines Out – Sweetgreens UHills 5:00pm-8:00pm
September 29 – PTO FUN RUN
October 2 – DPS October Count – Students MUST attend school this day
October 10 & 11 – Evening Parent Teacher Conferences (3:00-7:00pm)
October 12 – NO SCHOOL – District Professional Development Day
October 13 & 16 – NO SCHOOL – Fall Break
October 23 – Bradley Dines Out – Esters
2023-2024 Bradley Calendar