Please find the Bradley Principal Hiring Timeline Letter and Community Input Sheet from Christian Sawyer and Wayman White: Google Letter
September 18, 2023
Dear Bradley International School Community,
We deeply value our DPS community partnership and are committed to engaging our communities in meaningful and collaborative ways. The primary purpose of this letter is to provide an update on the principal selection process at Bradley.
As you know, Interim Principal Elinor Roller kindly agreed to serve as our interim principal to launch the school year and is committed to a smooth transition with the long-term principal. We are writing to explain how we will proceed with finding the next long-term principal of Bradley for the 2023-2024 school year and beyond.
This year, we were able to implement some new processes in the principal selection process to make the process overall more engaging, accessible, and increase opportunities for candidates to engage with the school community.These additional processes are grounded in the following guiding principles:
● Additional opportunities for a wide variety of stakeholder feedback and engage in the selection process
● Partnering with our district’s Multilingual department to continue to offer translation and interpretation services for stakeholders from multiple language backgrounds
● Equitable access for school communities despite personal circumstances of time and transportation
Aligning with these guiding principles, we will be following the revised steps for the principal search process in alignment with the guiding principles. The process will include the following:
● The Collaborative Director will meet with Bradley faculty and staff to review the hiring process, tentative schedule, and opportunity for faculty and staff to ask questions
● Stakeholder surveys (including students, school staff, families, Collaborative School Committee (CSC), and community members) to build a candidate profile with ideal principal characteristics
● The Collaborative Director will meet with the school’s CSC to continue to build the principal candidate profile and select questions for the CSC interviews
● Using the principal profiles, Schools Office and district leaders will pre-screen applicants and interview the top candidates
● Virtual, live community forum for the top finalists to share their vision for the school and address questions generated by stakeholder groups
● Instructional Learning Walk (classroom observations) with the Collaborative Director, Executive Director of Schools, and other Schools Office leaders
● In-person event to meet the top finalists
● Stakeholder surveys and call-in opportunities to provide feedback on the top finalists
● Superintendent review of stakeholder feedback and final interview with candidates before a final decision by the superintendent is made.
As previously shared, we deeply value the voices of all stakeholders in the school community. To continue to honor this approach, we invite students, staff, families, CSC, and community members to complete the survey below to list characteristics they would like to see in the next long-term principal. Please complete this survey by Monday, October 2, 2023, at 10 a.m. by these methods below:
● Use the Community Input Form (English/Spanish): https://bit.ly/BradleyFeedback23
● Call the Office of Family & Community Engagement via phone at 720-423-3054
● Email your completed form below by Monday, October 2, 2023 by 10:00 a.m. to Brittany Barela at
Below this letter is the tentative timeline of the community involvement steps of the process. We will also engage in rigorous reference and data collection on the final candidates.
We know a leadership transition is difficult for students, staff, families, and the community. Our focus will be to ensure we identify the best leader to lead Bradley for the 2023-2024 school year and beyond.
Thank you for your support as we work together during this transitional period.
Dr. Christian Sawyer
Director, Elementary Collaborative 7
Operational Services Director
Now through Monday, October 2, 2023
● Community Feedback via School Principal Hiring Community Input Form closes on Monday, October 2, 2023 at 10 a.m.
Week of October 9, 2023
● Collaborative Director meets with CSC to continue to build the principal candidate profile and schedule upcoming events
Week of October 30, 2023
● Collaborative Panel Interviews and CSC Interviews with top candidates
Week of November 6, 2023
● Instructional Learning Walk, Virtual Community Forum, and Meet & Greet Event with top finalists
Week of November 13, 2023
● Interview with Superintendent Dr. Alex Marrero, Deputy Superintendent Dr. Tony Smith, Chief of Schools Cesar Cedillo, and
Associate Chief of Schools Drew Coleman
Week of November 20, 2023
● Principal Announced
*Dates and events may be subject to change