- Remember, NO SCHOOL Next Week! We will see everyone on Monday, November 27, 2023.
- Bradley International School Principal Selection Events – Thank you to the Bradley community who attended the virtual meeting and the meet & greet events. Please fill out the feedback survey also on the website. If you missed out, please see the updated biographies and the recorded virtual meeting on the Bradley Website Post
- We appreciate the many of you who donated to the Thanksgiving Baskets that were provided to our community members – your kindness is very much noticed.
- Progress & IB Report Cards: 1st trimester is over! Progress reports are available in your parent portal and you should find your IB Report cards in your student’s Friday Folders.
- Thanksgiving Luncheon: A HUGE thank you to our cafeteria staff Maria H., Maria P., and Annette for a wonderful Thanksgiving Luncheon! We hope all families had a wonderful time with their students.
- Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot: Join the Bradley and UHill neighborhood for a morning run or walk at Eisenhower Rec Center on Thanksgiving morning! We’ll meet in the parking lot and start the event at 8:30am. Suggested donations are $10/person or $20/family. All proceeds will be used to buy gifts for families in need at Bradley! The weather looks perfect for a pre-feast event! We hope to see you there! – FLIER
- Thanksgiving Packets: Students will have a Math and Reading packet for the holiday week. Any student who returns their packet on Monday, November 27th will receive an extra recess and a PRIZE! If you need another copy, please find them on the Bradley Website.
- Lunch Menu: Monthly Menus
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteers in the school must fill out the DPS Volunteer form each year and must be cleared before volunteering in the classroom. DPS Volunteer
IB Profile of the Month
Our IB learner profile for November is Open-Minded. When students are open-minded they understand and appreciate their own cultures and personal histories, and are open to the perspectives, values, and traditions of other individuals and communities. They are accustomed to seeking and evaluating the range of points of view, and are willing to grow from the experience.
Activities for Parents:
- Encourage your child to try out new things; new food, new games, and new activities.
- Expose your child to different festivals, celebrations, and traditions and be sure to present them in a non-judgmental way.
- Model being open-minded and encourage your child to ask questions and to really listen to others as they speak.
News from Ms. Roller:
- Thank you to all of you who joined us for Thanksgiving Luncheon! We had so many people this year – we did some brainstorming about how to shorten the lines/wait for next year. I appreciated all the teachers, parent and police officer who jumped in to help serve.
- PLEASE use the link above to provide input to the Principal Selection Process. This is your opportunity to have your voice heard before the final interviews with the superintendent.
- I would like to wish each of you a Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful to all who share their children with us each day, your talents as parents and to the Bradley Staff who support this community of learners.
- As a reminder, I will be out the week after Thanksgiving – Dori Claunch will be filling in as Interim Principal that week.
- I shared with staff this week that my scheduled last day of school at Bradley is December 15th, but I will be available to support our incoming Principal at the request of the District as needed.
- We have several positions available at Bradley. We have a Kindergarten paraprofessional, Mild Moderate Special Education Teacher, and a Long Term Substitute Teacher for maternity leave in 4th grade. If you are interested or know someone who is interested in these positions, please have them apply for the job at the DPS Job Board.
News from the Nurse:
- For students who are ill, please call the Attendance Line at 720.424.9398
- ILLNESS SYMPTOMS- If your student has a fever or exhibits any symptoms related to COVID-19 or any other infectious disease they must stay home and avoid coming to school. Anyone with a fever or vomiting must remain home and fever-free for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication. Please continue to call the attendance line to report absences.
- Students who present these symptoms at school will be sent home (Fever, vomiting, coughing, cruddy/runny nose, etc.)
- NUTS: Please make sure that you don’t bring items with nuts into the classroom, as we have students with allergies to nuts.
- MEDICATION: If your student needs medicine during the school day, please contact our nurse Shayla Marak at 720-424-9394 to discuss the necessary paperwork.
- Please review the November PTO Meeting Minutes. The next PTO meeting will be held Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. on Zoom (Zoom details are available on our website).
- Our next Dines Out is Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar in Greenwood Village on Dec. 6 from 4-9 p.m.
- Are you looking for holiday cards, wedding announcements, baby shower invites, personalized holiday gifts for grandparents/friends/families? Bradley is now partnering with Minted.com to offer a special code for all of your holiday and year long needs. Using our unique code FUNDRAISEBRADLEYINTL you can get 20% off all your purchases, including holiday cards! In return, Minted will donate 15% back to our school!
- Bradley PTO is on INSTAGRAM! Bradley PTO is now on Instagram! Follow us for updates, reminders and information! Scan the QR code or search “Bradley international IB PTO.”
- King Soopers account linking information – Go to kingsoopers.com —> sign into your account —> click on my account —> scroll down to community rewards —> enter Bradley International School PTO.
- Check out the PTO website for full details and future meeting dates.
- Olive & Finch: Join Olive & Finch for a Holiday Cookie Decorating Party. Olive & Finch is located at 3390 East 1st Avenue, Denver, CO. Find more information on their Flier
- Hamilton Middle School Poinsettia Sale: Support Hamilton PTSA with a purchase of a beautiful red poinsettia. These make great gifts and are the perfect decoration for the holiday season. We only have 100 to sell so place your orders now! The pick up date will be Friday, December 8 at Hamilton. We appreciate your support! ORDER HERE
- Eisenhower Rec Center: Check out the daily events at Eisenhower and the upcoming Pup or Treat Costume Contest: Eisenhower
Upcoming Important Dates to Remember
November 23 – Annual Turkey Trot at Eisenhower Rec Center 8:30am November 20 – 24 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
November 27 – 3rd Grade Balarat Field Trip (2 classrooms)
December 4 – 3rd Grade Balarat Field Trip (1 classroom)
December 6 – Bradley Dines Out – Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar 4-9pm
December 13 – 5th Grade Exhibition
December 13 – CSC Meeting 6:00-7:00pm – Virtual
December 14 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – Zoom 7:00pm
December 14 – Session 2 After School Enrichments END
December 18 – January 2 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
January 3 – Students return to school from Winter Break
2023-2024 Bradley Calendar
Have a great Thanksgiving Break!
See you back in school on November 27, 2023.