- 2023-24 Bradley Calendar : Winter Break is coming up – NO School December 18-January 2. We will see you on Wednesday, Jan. 3rd!
- New Principal Information: Happy Friday. We want to share some exciting news with you. After our search, Kim Ulery has been named our next principal of Bradley International! Our letter, attached, expresses our full message about this special news. We truly appreciate our Bradley staff and community’s passion and support for the principal search and the meaning of this work for our brilliant students. We will share more about the transition in the coming week. Join us in welcoming Principal Ulery! Have a nice weekend, Christian Sawyer and Wayman White DPS Principal Letter
- Holiday Wish List: Each year, the Bradley community comes together to support our families in need for the holiday season. If you can help this season, that would be amazing. Please see where you can help through SignUpGenius. Thank you so much! Also if you would like to donate to a meal, see the Holiday Meal SignUpGenius
- Spirit Week: December 11 – 15 is holiday spirit week! Check your Friday folder for a flier or see what’s in store HERE.
- 5th Grade Exhibition Projects: Please see more information regarding a 5th Grade Exhibition Project: SafeOudoorSpaces; One of the 5th grade exhibition groups has chosen to study Animal Safety for their project. As their action piece, they are organizing a donation drive for the Denver Dumb Friends League Animal Shelter. Here’s the flier they made with dates and items they will be collecting. Donate to Dumb Friends League
- Lost and Found: We have a full Lost & Found area. Please drop by next week to find those missing items. Everything will be donated on Friday, December 15th.
- School Choice 2024-25: Open Choice Enrollment dates for Round 1 will begin January 11, 2024. Enroll: HERE. Please see the Bradley 2024-25 Prospective Parents Letter! 2024-25 Tours will be held January 9-30, 2024. Bradley School Tours SIGNUP! Please see the Bradley website for more information: Bradley Choice
- Lunch Menu: Monthly Menus
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteers in the school must fill out the DPS Volunteer form each year and must be cleared before volunteering in the classroom. DPS Volunteer
IB Profile of the Month
Our IB learner profile for December is Principled. When students are principled they act with integrity and honesty, and a strong sense of fairness, justice, and respect for the dignity of the individual, groups, and communities. They take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that accompany them.
Activities for Parents:
- Involve your child in deciding on the rules for a game or activity and then ensure that they stick to the ones that have been decided on.
- Encourage your child to play games that involve teams. Discuss with your child the qualities of a team player. What sort of person would they want on their teams?
- When your child wins a game, insist that he or she is a well-mannered winner. They might thank their opponent or shake hands with them if it’s appropriate.
- When playing a game, don’t change the rules or let your child win. Help them understand that losing graciously is as important as being a good winner.
News from Ms. Roller:
- We are hopeful to hear more information on the incoming Principal in the next few days. I did check with Christian Sawyer and Brittany Barela (Brittany coordinates the hiring process) and as of Tuesday, the schedule seems to continue to be on track.
- We will have more information out next week to our parents in classrooms where there will be teacher changes, maternity leaves, etc. as we continue to finalize plans for these positions.
- Thank you to all of the community members who have supported and are supporting our Thanksgiving and Holiday giving needs – and all those who are supporting the Safe Outdoor Spaces & Denver Dumb Friends League donation boxes sponsored by our 5th graders (these are in the lobby).
- Lost & Found is again FULL of coats, sweaters, sweatshirts. Please come check this out before you head out for Winter Break – we will be donating them at the end of next week.
News from the Nurse:
- For students who are ill, please call the Attendance Line at 720.424.9398
- ILLNESS SYMPTOMS- If your student has a fever or exhibits any symptoms related to COVID-19 or any other infectious disease they must stay home and avoid coming to school. Anyone with a fever or vomiting must remain home and fever-free for 24 hours without taking fever-reducing medication. Please continue to call the attendance line to report absences.
- Students who present these symptoms at school will be sent home (Fever, vomiting, coughing, cruddy/runny nose, etc.)
- NUTS: Please make sure that you don’t bring items with nuts into the classroom, as we have students with allergies to nuts.
- MEDICATION: If your student needs medicine during the school day, please contact our nurse Shayla Marak at 720-424-9394 to discuss the necessary paperwork.
- Bradley Family Directory: If you haven’t yet had a chance to share your contact information with other families through the school directory and wish to, now is your chance! Complete this google form and you will receive an email from Directory Spot (the app/website for the directory) within a couple of weeks! If you have submitted to the directory but not yet accessed it – search your email for Directory Spot or email email@example.com for support.
- Are you looking for holiday cards, wedding announcements, baby shower invites, personalized holiday gifts for grandparents/friends/families? Bradley is now partnering with Minted.com to offer a special code for all of your holiday and year long needs. Using our unique code FUNDRAISEBRADLEYINTL you can get 20% off all your purchases, including holiday cards! In return, Minted will donate 15% back to our school!
- Bradley PTO is on INSTAGRAM! Bradley PTO is now on Instagram! Follow us for updates, reminders and information! Scan the QR code or search “Bradley International IB PTO.”
- King Soopers account linking information – Go to kingsoopers.com —> sign into your account —> click on my account —> scroll down to community rewards —> enter Bradley International School PTO.
- Check out the PTO website for full details and future meeting dates.
- Caroling Committee: A Bradley student would like to create a caroling committee for caroling around the neighborhood this holiday season. If you are interested in more details, please see FLIER
- 9th Annual DPP Preschool Showcase: The Preschool Showcase will return on January 20, 2023, from 9am – 12 pm at the Denver Zoo in the Gates Building. This signature DPP event is expected to draw hundreds of Denver families as it provides a free, one-stop opportunity for families to directly connect with local preschools and early childhood resources while offering a variety of fun kids’ activities. Please help DPP spread the word about this free event for families by printing and posting our flyer. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winter Break Ideas for ECE: Fun and Free Activities to do in Denver over break:The holiday season offers plenty of delightful activities for families to enjoy quality time together. If you’re wondering how to make the most of the winter break for your little one, fret not—we’ve got you covered. Check out our list of free and fun places to visit, local light shows, and homemade gift and game ideas that will bring joy to the entire family. DenverPreschoolProgram
- DPS Discovery Link is HIRING!: We’re hiring! This Part Time job is perfect for College students, Retirees and Moms!! Use the QR code and specify Bradley or use the DPS website: dpsk12.org the job codes Program Leader #59172 / Staff Aide #48319
- Tasty Food Holiday Schedule for school breaks: The City and County’s Office of Children Affairs invites all youth (ages 5-18) for a free supper and/or snack at any Tasty Food site across Denver during the holiday break! No registration or ID is required — simply drop by and enjoy a nutritious meal! Check the schedule flier (in English and Spanish) for more information. For details on holiday schedule changes and planned holiday closures, visit the Tasty Food website. Tasty Food – Afterschool Site Schedule – Holiday 2023 Schedule: Tasty Food – Afterschool Site Schedule – Holiday 2023 Schedule Banners
- Eisenhower Rec Center: Have you ever had Donuts with the Grinch?? You can! At the Eisenhower Rec Center on Saturday, December 9th! Check out the daily events at Eisenhower and the upcoming Pup or Treat Costume Contest: Eisenhower
Upcoming Important Dates to Remember
December 13 – 5th Grade Exhibition
December 13 – CSC Meeting 6:00-7:00pm – Virtual CSC Meeting
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/qeh-roqi-mmj
Or dial: (US) +1 417-986-2941 PIN: 507 579 108#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/qeh-roqi-mmj?pin=2868832259521
December 14 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – Zoom 7:00pm
December 14 – Session 2 After School Enrichments END
December 14 –End of Session 2 Tutoring
December 18 – January 2 – NO SCHOOL – Winter Break
January 3 – Students return to school from Winter Break
January 10 – CSC Meeting 6:00-7:00pm – Virtual
January 11 – Round 1 SchoolChoice Opens – 11:00am
January 11 – Bradley PTO General Meeting – Library 3:00pm
January 15 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day
January 16 – Session 3 Tutoring Begins
January 17 – Bradley Dines Out – Sweetgreens – 4-9pm
2023-2024 Bradley Calendar
Have a great weekend!